Rogue One Diego Luna is Captain Cassian Andor in Rogue One

Jedi Outcast
9H36I16.jpg
Uiua1E6.jpg
BeardlessKyleKatarn-PreTalay-SWDF.png

Dark Forces​

seems to me that Diego Luna is playing Kyle Katarn from Dark Force, or at least a new character that's inspired by Katarn based on Luna's look in the trailer
Full name: Captain Cassian And/or Katarn!:oldrazz:

FYI this guy likes and breaks down the Jyn/Jan Cassian/Kyle parallels pretty well.
- https://youtu.be/9tZQr0-3D70?t=404
If link ^ doesn't go directly, jump to 6:45

14fyek.gif

yr1BiCO.jpg

afdXqOk.gif

1xFbLC4.jpg

Last edited:
Man from the new poster art, Jyn with the goggles is looking even more like Jan.
And Cassian as Katarn.

uRYdlf7.jpg
ePPh1j2.jpg

G1GY5nK.jpg

Last edited:
KmEEhpe.jpg
0fn7403.jpg

54158s4168000.jpg

0002244441000.jpg

Diego Luna’s Captain Cassian Andor, who is described as a “by-the-book Rebel intelligence officer” who is “committed, steady, and practical, and has seen more than his share of combat.” “He conveys a fair amount of experience and the reality of what it’s like to do this every day, to try to figure out how to resist the Empire effectively and intelligently,” Kiri Hart, Lucasfilm’s chief of story development said of the character. “It’s not easy.”

So like that other squad of "morally murky characters", is he like the Rick Flag of this Suicide Mission?:cwink:

Last edited:
It's interesting that he and Felicity (Jyn) seem to be sharing multiple scenes together.
In an interview, Alan Tudyk(Imperial Droid character) said most his scenes are with Jones and Luna.
So they [with K-2] seems to be the heart of the team and action.
As evidenced again by the EW cover-
Fr6TEgx.jpg

Although there is specificlly one major lead/focus here.
Andor and the others are little more than back up to her story.

Last edited:
Some random Captain Cassian Andor speculation:

His first outfit reveal unlike all the others is a (Hoth reminiscent) cold environment outfit.
9VOeozH.jpg

CLwHWll.jpg

This outfit (which looks awesome with plenty of tactical gear and rifle) likely place him in the "tundra" like setting and environment, shot in Iceland.

Where we see from the trailer the burning homestead like moisture vaporators and in the EW pics the the Death-Trooper holding a doll
OAsKOGk.gif

748454810000123.jpg

Not sure of the timeline hear, thought this may be the "flashback" planet, where they steel Jyn's farther and leave her abandoned?
Going by the way Andor is dressed, this may place him there in the present, maybe recruiting her as an adult?

While the more regular outfit all brown with jacket, side arm and holster..etc..place him on Yavin (mission launch) now with her and all the others.
6413456311110000.jpg

125eky.gif

Kes%20Dameron%20please%20too_zps4excmasy.gif

M7MSo3P.jpg

Continued...

Last edited:
He's got a third look which seems to somewhat feature a sniper theme with the vest and "rifle"...

kujRniY.jpg

1BAiZ8z.jpg

uRYdlf7.jpg

Fr6TEgx.jpg

and somewhat unusual for Star Wars universe a belt loaded with what appears to be bullet cartridges... Hence i'm thinking he may feature in some wicked sniper action!

iv5OTdv.jpg

Last edited:
So at celebration panel Luna described his character as "Rebel intelligence".

And from what i got said he and Jyn pretty much impromptu are putting the team together as they go.

Also he’s like a peacekeeper smoothing out any friction likely to explode among the team of rogues.

The best part is, he described Alan Tudyk's character K2 (who apparently he reprogrammed) as his "best friend" which seemed either really hysterical or just very sad, since K2 seems like the most unsociable disagreeable character on the team.:funny:

Last edited:
ezimba15179578176800.png

Source?
theforce.net/threads/official-info-diego-luna-captain-cassian-andor-in-rogue-one/page-7 said:
Very cool shot. Where did you get it from?
I honestly have no idea where it's originally from, it just popped up unsourced on my Instagram dash about an hour ago.

Last edited:
LOL can't tell if this is completely inappropriate or totally adorable! :ilv:
lsOQmWG.jpg

Go%20Diego%20Luna%20Go%20re.jpg~original

Last edited:
Kinda messed up yet pretty darn cute

Kinda messed up yet pretty darn cute
LOL!
Hey in the trailer Diego does say "I've been recruiting for the Rebellion for a long time".
We just didn't realize how long it's really been!

He's been recruiting on the Yavin moon, before they even turned it into a base. :woot:
51ATBtqaYNL.jpg

Last edited:
t4EwTV0.jpg

Hasbro-U-Wing-Starfighter-Packaged.jpg

Love that it comes with a Captain Cassian figure, although it bugs me that it looks like it's been scaled down to a one-man fighter, instead of seating two side-by-side, so you can't sit Jyn or K2 next to him.

190oiw.gif

190oxd.gif

Last edited:
A couple of in-hand Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu) Black Series #23 figure reviews:

[YT]NNgomEEQ4LY[/YT]

[YT]S664J1HAVHo[/YT]

Comes with rifle and side arm
19b7rg.gif

19b7i7.gif

Hat goggles are removable:
19b6nu.gif

He has those two belt mounted canisters, apparently no binoculars.

DSC08758.0.jpg

19aiyj.gif

No knife in back sheath

19-andor3.jpg

Or the bigger rifle to sling across his back.

Last edited:
tumblr_ocbeqvf6mO1u01hqmo1_540.jpg

Empire-Magazine-OCT.-Rogue-One-1-1006x1024.jpg

tumblr_ocb73bkvjY1r7p0d2o1_540.jpg

Empire-Magazine-OCT.-Rogue-One-3-1024x719.jpg

Empire-Magazine-OCT.-Rogue-One-9-1024x719.jpg

19lokb.gif

Last edited:
HT_FUNKO_rogue_one_04_as_160830_4x3_992.jpg

pop151.jpg

STAR-WARS-THE-BLACK-SERIES-6-Inch-Figure-Assortment-Captain-Cassian-Andor-932x699.jpg

aLPRStP.png

NNPXYOk.jpg

Last edited:
It's all connected to the OT, he's best friends with Gael Garcia Bernal, who dated Natalie Portman a long time ago in a galaxy far away, who was Padme. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"