Rogue One Rogue One: A Star Wars Story on Blu-ray

StarLord

<<<<<<<<<<
Reaction score
Thought I'd make thread this just to put all the news into one place.

US RELEASE INFO: OUT APRIL 4th

DHfTBUg.jpg

RETAILER EXCLUSIVES
In addition, a selection of retailer exclusives will be available for pre-order starting February 23, featuring unique packaging and configurations:

Target Exclusive: 5-disc set includes collectible packaging with interchangeable character covers and exclusive bonus content (Blu-ray 3D + two Blu-ray + DVD + DVD exclusive content – 2 additional bonus features + Digital HD + collectible packaging)
tPlMzcD.jpg

Best Buy Exclusive: 4-disc set with exclusive SteelBook packaging (Blu-ray 3D + two Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD + SteelBook packaging)
2mRw5UO.jpg

Walmart Exclusive: 3-disc set with exclusive K-2SO packaging and two Galactic Connexions trading discs (two Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD + K-2SO packaging + two Galactic Connexions trading discs)
CNWiAad.jpg

UK RELEASE INFO: OUT APRIL 10th

6SSQy4k.jpg

GxUaY0j.jpg

oPsyVWE.jpg

BONUS FEATURES:

A wide array of bonus features, ranging from never-before-seen cast and creator interviews to a look at hidden Easter eggs, will take fans deeper into Rogue One than ever before:

A Rogue Idea – Hear how ILM’s John Knoll came up with the movie’s concept – and why it’s the right film to launch the Star Wars stand-alone films.
Jyn: The Rebel – Get to know Rogue One’s defiant, resourceful survivor, and hear what it was like for Felicity Jones to bring her to life onscreen.
Cassian: The Spy – Diego Luna shares insights into his complex, driven character, who becomes a hero through selflessness, perseverance and passion.
K-2SO: The Droid – Explore the development of this reprogrammed Imperial droid, from initial pitch and character design through Alan Tudyk’s performance.
Baze & Chirrut: Guardians of the Whills – Go deeper into the relationship between these two very different characters, with Chinese superstars Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
Bodhi & Saw: The Pilot & The Revolutionary – Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed reflect on Saw Gerrera, the broken Rebel leader, and Bodhi Rook, the Imperial pilot who defects.
The Empire – Meet a dangerous new Imperial adversary…and cross paths once more with the most iconic villain of all time.
Visions of Hope: The Look of “Rogue One” – The filmmakers describe the challenges and thrills of developing a bold new look for the movie that can fit within the world of the original trilogy.
The Princess & The Governor – See what it took to bring the vibrant young princess of Star Wars: A New Hope – as well as one of her most memorable foes – back to the screen.
Epilogue: The Story Continues – Filmmakers and cast celebrate Rogue One’s premiere and look forward into the future, to the Star Wars stories yet to be told.
Rogue Connections – Uncover Easter eggs and film facts hidden throughout the movie that connect Rogue One to the Star Wars universe.

Ill probably get the target version if the exclusive features is more than fluff.

Disney and Paramount are getting on my nerves with all this BD-exclusive content. Throw a bone to people who still buy DVDs, include at least one or two bonus features so you're not leaving people out.

Disney and Paramount are getting on my nerves with all this BD-exclusive content. Throw a bone to people who still buy DVDs, include at least one or two bonus features so you're not leaving people out.

Blu-ray has been out for 10 years. Blu-rays sell for the same price as dvds. Blu-ray players sell for the same price as dvd players. (I go my mom a blu-ray player for $50.) And LCD tvs are cheap. (As low as $150.) If you havent upgraded to blu-ray by now you have no one to blame but yourself.

Dont get me wrong if dvds is what you prefer thats your choice, but dont stick with a limited out of date format and then gripe when that out of date limited format doesnt have all the bells and whistles. Its the same with other consumer items. Old phones dont get all the new features and all the updates. Old or low grade computers dont have all the features. Old game consoles dont get all the games and features. Buy an older or lower grade car and you wont get all the features. Thats just how it is. If you want to get all the bells and whistles you have to upgrade or do without. Thats the price you pay when you dont want to abandon 20 year old tech.

And for what its worth, standard blu-ray owners are now missing out on features too. HDR is exclusive to UHD bluray and some standard blu-rays dont have the DTS:X and Dolby Atmos audio tracks that are included on UHD blu-rays.

Last edited:
And it looks like Amazon and Disney are fighting again...Rogue One is unavailable for pre-order, as well as Doctor Strange and Moana. Didn’t this already happen once before with them?

Blu-ray has been out for 10 years. Blu-rays sell for the same price as dvds. Blu-ray players sell for the same price as dvd players. (I go my mom a blu-ray player for $50.) And LCD tvs are cheap. (As low as $150.) If you havent upgraded to blu-ray by now you have no one to blame but yourself.

Dont get me wrong if dvds is what you prefer thats your choice, but dont stick with a limited out of date format and then gripe when that out of date limited format doesnt have all the bells and whistles. Its the same with other consumer items. Old phones dont get all the new features and all the updates. Old or low grade computers dont have all the features. Old game consoles dont get all the games and features. Buy an older or lower grade car and you wont get all the features. Thats just how it is. If you want to get all the bells and whistles you have to upgrade or do without. Thats the price you dont want to abandon 20 year old tech.

Thank you, I've been saying this for years to people who complain about it.

It's the principle of the thing. Even the BD exclusive extras aren't as good as the heyday of DVDs, where companies like New Line splashed out on their Platinum Series and infinifilm releases. It's depressing.

I tend to buy DVD/Blu-ray combo packs to future-proof my collection unless I know there's a better option on the horizon. It's not the cost difference or PQ difference preventing me from buying.

So frustrating that they're holding back the commentary and deleted scenes for the eventual next release.

So frustrating that they're holding back the commentary and deleted scenes for the eventual next release.

There may not be a deluxe edition blu-ray later this year. With TFA they held back the 3D because there was going to be a deluxe edition bluray. With Rogue One they are not holding back the 3D. We also heard about the Deluxe Edition blu-ray of TFA before the first blu-ray release even came out. With Rogue One there have been no indications that a deluxe edition is coming later in the year.

The lack of commetary could be because Edwards didnt want to do one or because Disney wasnt able to schedule him to come in and record one. These things happen and it wouldnt be the first time its happened with Edwards. He didnt do a commentary for Godzilla. The deleted scenes for Godzilla were never released either.

Im sure there will eventually be a 4K release whenever Disney gets off their ass and starts releasing 4K blu-rays, but I wouldnt count on a deluxe edition standard blu-ray just yet. This may be all the special features we get for this film. I hope thats not the case tho. I want to see some of the deleted Saw scenes and other stuff that was scrapped because of reshoots.

With all the alternate and deleted scenes that didn't make the cut, it's really disappointing that none of it will be on the Blu-Ray release :down

There may not be a deluxe edition blu-ray later this year. With TFA they held back the 3D because there was going to be a deluxe edition bluray. With Rogue One they are not holding back the 3D. We also heard about the Deluxe Edition blu-ray of TFA before the first blu-ray release even came out. With Rogue One there have been no indications that a deluxe edition is coming later in the year.

The lack of commetary could be because Edwards didnt want to do one or because Disney wasnt able to schedule him to come in and record one. These things happen and it wouldnt be the first time its happened with Edwards. He didnt do a commentary for Godzilla. The deleted scenes for Godzilla were never released either.

Im sure there will eventually be a 4K release whenever Disney gets off their ass and starts releasing 4K blu-rays, but I wouldnt count on a deluxe edition standard blu-ray just yet. This may be all the special features we get for this film. I hope thats not the case tho. I want to see some of the deleted Saw scenes and other stuff that was scrapped because of reshoots.

I'm sure it was also because the filming for the movie was a mess and Edwards probably doesn't want to get into specifics.

Anyone hoping for a future release with deleted scenes, abandon hope.

There’s not an individual scene that you can drag and drop and put on a Blu-ray. There are little things that would come and go during the process of post-production, but they’re not scenes. They’re more moments within the scenes, or a single shot. So it’s impossible to be able to do that, and that’s why the decision was made.

The stuff people talk about, like what they saw in the trailer, they’re not scenes you can just put on a DVD. They’re moments within scenes and threads, and you pull a thread and it all changes. It was changing the whole time. It’s not like there was one version and then there was this other version — it was like this thing that incrementally evolved constantly through all of post-production and didn’t stop until there was a gun at our heads and we were forced to release the movie.

And to put the final nail in the coffin of the Rogue One deleted scenes, Edwards said that the visual effects for the alternate scenes were never finished, so they are not just sitting somewhere waiting to be added to the Blu-Ray.

http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-3594900-10369448?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fandango.com%2Fmovie-news%2Fgareth-edwards-explains-why-well-probably-never-see-those-rogue-one-alternate-scenes-752032

I've finally come to a decision, I will buy the Target version of this movie :up:

No announcement of a future re-release doesn't mean there won't be one.:cwink:

IF the lack of decent extra features on this home release is the result of a "troubled production", I do not blame Lucasfilm and Disney. The internet, and media in general, is full of sad little goblins who love to try to strip the good off everything. They be regurgetating the same waffle for years to come if they got any evidence of "problems".

As for myself and, I'm sure, many others fans, we just want to know how this project was developed and filmed, to hear from the cast and crew and get some fun, informative documentaries warts and all - instead of glorified promotional fluff.

Fortunately, the movie itself is glorious so we have that at least. :drl:

I've finally come to a decision, I will buy the Target version of this movie :up:

Why did you decide this? I decided to buy the best buy version with the cool looking tin. $25 for 3DBR, BR, and DVD (and maybe digital copy but not sure).

I just picked up the barebones DVD. Disney and Lucasfilm will almost surely put out a more loaded combo pack, probably coinciding with The Last Jedi's Blu-ray release.

The only way we'd get a warts-and-all look at the BTS drama of Rogue One (including the reshot climax) would be if a boutique label like Criterion had the home video rights.

I really love that Lucasfilm mandated no previews, full-color disc artwork, and multiple chapters on their SW films. The disc goes right to the main menu, without any fuss, just like studios used to do back in the early DVD days.

Bought the limited edition slipcover Blu-Ray here in the UK:

01-414228.jpg

Can't wait to watch it again once my uni exams are over!

Anyone know if this is getting a 4K HDR release?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"