Discussion: Global Warming and Other Environmental Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once the 11 deaths are compensated, the fishermen are compensated, the tourism is compensated, and the states are compensated.....along with the millions they will be fined by the Federal and State governments, THEN....we can take a good look at whether or not they are going under.

That little profit has already been spent....

Not to mention if some hurricanes or tropical storms cause even more of it to go ashore. The marshes are already in bad shape but that would just add insult to injury. Meanwhile...

2vma4vn.jpg

view.php

:csad:

Last edited by a moderator:
ATTENTION: OUT OF RESPECT TO FELLOW HYPESTERS, PLEASE KEEP THE PICTURES OF DEAD ANIMALS IN SPOILER TAGS.

Thank you.

What's truly frightening isn't the dead pelicans or dolphins, but the stuff we can't see - dead plankton. EVERYTHING in the ocean feeds on these critters. It's the classic food chain at work. We probably have no way of knowing the true consequences of the oil spill on plankton, but it will undoubtedly affect everything from shrimp to whales for years. :csad:

Serious question guys...

If a catagory 4 and 5 Hurricane were to hit the East coast this year, say one in the Gulf before August and one along NC/VA....would the Obama declare anything bad like State of Emergency? Like if these both occurred days apart?

You know in China, this degree of pollution fail is "Business as usual". :barf:

Serious question guys...

If a catagory 4 and 5 Hurricane were to hit the East coast this year, say one in the Gulf before August and one along NC/VA....would the Obama declare anything bad like State of Emergency? Like if these both occurred days apart?

I would imagine so.

Serious question guys...

I remember hearing last week that Florida already has the funds & approval to use said funds if there ever was a State Of Emergency declared. This is a ****** situation all around but with Hurricane Season coming things will not be any better any time soon

:dry: my Dad just told me New Orleans still ain't 100% from Katrina. Is this true? I can't even imagine how long the clean up would be if Gulf, NC, and VA got a Katrina like Cane.

Would MCAS Cherry Point, Camp Lejune, and Fort Bragg help the clean up move faster if NC and VA got hit hard? Also, I forget if Fort Bragg is NC or Texas Army base.

:dry: my Dad just told me New Orleans still ain't 100% from Katrina. Is this true? I can't even imagine how long the clean up would be if Gulf, NC, and VA got a Katrina like Cane.
Of course not. The non-touristy part of New Orleans is still a mess.

The fail keeps pouring in.

Oh well.

It could be worse, like Nigeria which makes this look piecemeal.

Would MCAS Cherry Point, Camp Lejune, and Fort Bragg help the clean up move faster if NC and VA got hit hard? Also, I forget if Fort Bragg is NC or Texas Army base.
Bragg is in North Carolina. But even then, it is possible you might et some help fomr Marines/Army, but not much. This is more of a National Guard thing, and besides, if Bragg were to help, they don't have many people. Remember, places like Bragg and Campbell are some of the hightest deployed bases there are. There's a chance the majority of soldiers are in Afghanistan or Iraq.

Ugh, this oil spill is getting worse and worse. :csad: Part of me want that failed "Top Kill" strategy used on BP for the terrible job they have been doing. :o Maybe US government should nuke the underwater pipes instead? Just a thought.

According to the AP, scientists are saying that the underwater oil clouds will destroy the ecosystem in the Gulf whereever they travel to.

:csad:

It's looking more and more like the Gulf will be a dead sea.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/31/AR2010053103511.html
Struggling to convey command of the worsening Gulf of Mexico oil spill, the Obama administration is taking steps to distance itself from BP and is dispatching Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. to the Gulf Coast to meet with federal and state prosecutors. The Holder trip could signal that the environmental calamity might become the subject of a criminal investigation.

Holder has said Justice Department lawyers are examining whether there was any “malfeasance” related to the leaking oil well, and investigators, who have already been on the coast for a month, have sent letters to BP instructing the company to preserve internal records related to the spill. But federal officials indicated that Holder’s trip, which will include a news conference in New Orleans on Tuesday afternoon, will focus on enforcement of environmental laws and holding BP accountable.

The opening of a criminal investigation or civil action against BP, if either were to happen, would create the unusual situation of the federal government weighing charges against a company that it is simultaneously depending on for the most critical elements of the response to the record oil spill.
The relationship between the federal government and the oil company has been an awkward collaboration all along — “We have them by the neck,” Interior Secretary Ken Salazar said of BP in congressional testimony last week — but it reached a turning point Monday when the administration said it no longer wants to share a podium with BP at the daily briefing in Louisiana. Instead, the national incident commander, Coast Guard Adm. Thad W. Allen, will give a solo briefing wherever he happens to be.
Good job, Obama seems more concerned with PR and image than the Gulf. Way to throw red tape in the way while we are at a critical stage. Something I pointed out before already. Politics FTL..

Has any other country sent aid to help? Because it always seems that when there is a disaster in another country, the US helps. But when we have one, no other country gives a ****.

Has any other country sent aid to help? Because it always seems that when there is a disaster in another country, the US helps. But when we have one, no other country gives a ****.
I think what's so hard about this situation is that BP seems to be responsible for the actual doing of stuff. They will be financially responsible for the whole thing, so charity donations come off useless. Their tech is being used to stop up the hole. Other countries certainly have similar tech and can help out, but it isn't like you can allow a free-for-all contest in the gulf and see what works best. It's pretty much a one-shot deal.

Aside from sending deep water and oil experts from other countries down there, what else can be done? :csad:

I waiting for someone to explain to me why they cannot begin to rebuild the sand bars that were washed away by the 4 hurricanes since 2005 that have impacted the wetland areas of Louisiana?

WTF is wrong with this administration....

They say they have been in charge since the beginning? WELL GOOD DAMN JOB.... it has been a total screw up since the beginning and ONE STATE, is trying their hardest to DO SOMETHING, and the Federal government won't get the hell out of the way.

I waiting for someone to explain to me why they cannot begin to rebuild the sand bars that were washed away by the 4 hurricanes since 2005 that have impacted the wetland areas of Louisiana?

WTF is wrong with this administration....

They say they have been in charge since the beginning? WELL GOOD DAMN JOB.... it has been a total screw up since the beginning and ONE STATE, is trying their hardest to DO SOMETHING, and the Federal government won't get the hell out of the way.

Is this why Texas is trying to seceed from the USA? Like when their Governor said something about that or no?

It has been over a month since this happened and the leak has not stopped and they haven't even mobilized anything to help prepare for the disaster when it hits land. Obama won't allow Jindal to do what he thinks he needs to do, he won't allow fishermen to help aid in cleanup and not be compensated for their work but only what they lost, and he won't put his foot down to BP to tell them to hurry the **** up.

Enjoy your Paul McCartney concert tomorrow night Mr. President!

FAIL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"