Discussion: Racism - Part 4

206447466_2974445206210940_2836718237199832178_n.jpg

To make the metaphor more realistic, some of the staff still hate disabled people.

I just can't help at laugh at all these "I'm part of the master race" racists. They are all so thin skinned and intimidated by minorities to the point of obsession. If you are so superior then why are you so terrified of minorities making any advancement?

Their insecurities, fragile egos and misplaced entitlement are as visible as their predecessors white sheeted hoods.

Just so I’m clear. A lot of the states banning the teaching of Critical Race Theory which argues systems, and not just people, are the root of racism, are the same states making it harder for minorities to vote? It’s not so much a Venmo diagram as just one circle.

This is all down to the International Committee too. At least it technically gets the US off the hook for once in surpressing a black athlete, but come on, really? Pot is a "performance enhancing drug?" If someone can do that while high then they probably deserve to be in the Olympics.

The neverending saga of people not understanding black people's hair continues. I can't say I'm suprised.

We still live in an age in which many black women feel they can't get a job unless they straighten their hair with chemicals or hot irons to fit in non-black work enviorments. Many people outside of the black community are still incredibly ignorant and predjuice towards black people's natural hair.

This is all down to the International Committee too. At least it technically gets the US off the hook for once in surpressing a black athlete, but come on, really? Pot is a "performance enhancing drug?" If someone can do that while high then they probably deserve to be in the Olympics.

Swim caps, pot.......let's see if they can hit the trifecta (prolly already have). I wonder what the over/under is on stupid decisions?

Am I the only one who probably wouldn't have noticed that the Olympics had come and gone if not for all of this BS?

I have not been interested in the Olympics.... ever that I can think of. I remember all the hype every 2-4 years (Summer and Winter) but I just never got into it. Things like this do not encourage my interest in a positive way.

Swim caps, pot.......let's see if they can hit the trifecta (prolly already have). I wonder what the over/under is on stupid decisions?

Am I the only one who probably wouldn't have noticed that the Olympics had come and gone if not for all of this BS?

A few African runners were disqualified because they had too much natural testosterone, thus "not female".

I have not been interested in the Olympics.... ever that I can think of. I remember all the hype every 2-4 years (Summer and Winter) but I just never got into it. Things like this do not encourage my interest in a positive way.
I think most people only care about the running sports in the Summer Olympics. A large chunk of the global population couldn't care less about the winter games since they don't have the climate, access or money to take part in those sports.

She thinks those eye lashes are real?

Does she also believe in the tooth fairy?

It's not. But recreational drugs are on the banned list. The punishments are much lesser for them though.

Marijuana FAQ | U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA)

For something to be added to the WADA Prohibited List, it must meet two of the three inclusion criteria: a) it poses a health risk to athletes b) it has the potential to enhance performance and c) it violates the spirit of sport.

In 2011, WADA published a paper in Sports Medicine discussing the reasons marijuana and cannabinoids meet the criteria. Below are excerpts from this publication that address the three criteria:
“Athletes who smoke cannabis or Spice in-competition potentially endanger themselves and others because of increased risk taking, slower reaction times and poor executive function or decision making.”
“Based on current animal and human studies as well as on interviews with athletes and information from the field, cannabis can be performance enhancing for some athletes and sports disciplines.”
“Use of illicit drugs that are harmful to health and that may have performance-enhancing properties is not consistent with the athlete as a role model for young people around the world”.
In 2019, WADA exempted cannabidiol (CBD) from this category. However, all other cannabinoids, whether natural or synthetic, are prohibited in-competition. Even though CBD is permitted at all times, this article explains the legal and anti-doping issues that continue to make these products risky for athletes.

These athletes all over the world know the rules. Richardson admitted her mistake. She could still make the 4 x 100 meter relay team anyway.

It's not. But recreational drugs are on the banned list. The punishments are much lesser for them though.

Marijuana FAQ | U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA)

These athletes all over the world know the rules. Richardson admitted her mistake. She could still make the 4 x 100 meter relay team anyway.

So it reduces reaction time and enhances performance??? First off, because you have it in your system, doesn't cause a decrease in reaction time. I don't think that someone who smoked pot 3 weeks ago creates a potential risk to anyone. CBD, if anything, is more of a performance enhancer.

I get that it's a rule. I just think it's misapplied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"