• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Discussion: The DEMOCRATIC P - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I warned you guys, months ago. Hillary's super power was snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I said Trump would win.

I am sympathetic though, because after seeing Wikileaks, I understand there was no way Democrats could have gotten anyone else. She even did something to Biden (mole inside his camp) that sidelined him. I said, if Biden had ran, he would have won this election. I still stand by this.

Democrats, the honest ones, needs to actually read the Wikileaks emails, and CLEAN OUT the people ruining everything for you. One example: Tim Kaine cannot be part of your future. It's hinted in 2015 there was some deal between him and Clinton. Most likely him stepping down as chair, so DWS takes power, and gets Clinton the nomination. Of course we know DWS has since resigned after getting busted.

Everything needs to be cleaned. The whole system sucks.

I think that in a way there is a silver lining to this defeat. Yes Trump's victory is horrible, but had Clinton won we wouldn't see a real progressive for over a decade. She would have ran for reelection for sure and win or lose there'd be no true progressive, true change kind of candidate on the ticket. Now, galvanized by Trump's victory, I think we see a real change candidate pop up in a big way in the DNC and I think if done properly could easily win the presidency. Step number one is the midterm elections in 2018. Those who want to push progressive ideals HAVE to step in and help candidates in the midterms. A progressive President isn't worth a damn thing without the House or Senate. Getting Democratic candidates into State Governments is hugely important too.

So who is the fave for running in 2020? A lot of people are saying Michelle Obama but I think she would get drawn into the whole dynasties argument that disrupted Hillary unfortunately.

I like Cory booker. I think he's a good speaker, good ideas, very social media savvy which I don't think was hillary's strenth and would be a good way to get Trump to blow a gasket

I'd definitely go for Booker. I don't think Michelle Obama would run or should run. Obama is a good man and was a decent President, but if you want to reach across the country and get a lot of the good Americans that voted Trump out of desperation you can't run an Obama or a Clinton. I think Sanders won't run due to age, though who he throws his hat in with will go a long way towards whoever it is that does end up running. Booker is absolutely a great choice. Warren wouldn't be bad, though I fear she'd have a hard time mobilizing. Not impossible though. She doesn't have Clinton amounts of baggage. I wouldn't mind someone like Al Franken running, though I don't think he would. I think the Democrats may consider someone with a fair amount of celebrity. Trump rode a lot of his celebrity for parts of this campaign. That celebrity got his foot in the door.

Frankly, I'd vote for Hillary again because **** Trump and his clown car cabinet of loons. After what I'm seeing from the GOP, as long as the Dems pick a candidate that isn't a backwards ass, ignorant, bigoted pervert Ill vote for them. After this election, it will be a cold day in Hell before I vote GOP again. I at least have to wait for the GOP crazies to retire or permanently leave office before I start supporting that party again. It's too damn dangerous to support that party.

I do hope Hillary sleeps well at night knowing she won the popular vote. The people have spoken, it just wasn't enough.

I'd say Warren and Booker are likely to throw their names in the hat 2020. I would vote for Booker. I could see Sherrod Brown as well.

Last edited:
Both parties need to find much better candidates than the dreck they've offered up this time round, and then their party members need to actually support those damn candidates.

I'd say Warren and Booker are likely to throw their names in the hat 2020. I would vote for Booker. I could see Sherrod Brown as well.

I would definitely support a Warren/Booker ticket for 2020, for sure.

I do hope Hillary sleeps well at night knowing she won the popular vote. The people have spoken, it just wasn't enough.

If she doesn't lose sleep over the other crap she's done in her life then I think she'll be ok.

Keith Ellison for DNC Chair. Howard Dean would be a massive step back.

I see Tulsi Gabbard, Elizabeth Warren, Cory Booker, Kamala Harris and Kirsten Gillibrand as possible presidential candidates to look out for in 2020.

Booker's gonna bring down the house in his speeches and rallies.

:facepalm:

Man, can you imagine if we had this bunch of snowflakes around during WW2?

I already have a couple of Millennials in the office who were practically high-fiving each other all day last Tuesday about Hillary's certain election. Wednesday morning, they came in late and were almost completely quiet. The only thing I actually heard out of them the whole day was one saying, "This is the worst day ever."

Hmmm, I bet I can find some verterans who stormed the beaches of Normandy on D-Day who can probably find a worse day. :o

Last edited:
:facepalm:

Man, can you imagine if we had this bunch of snowflakes around during WW2?

I already have a couple of Millennials in the office who were practically high-fiving each other all day last Tuesday about Hillary's certain election. Wednesday morning, they came in late and were almost completely quiet. The only thing I actually heard out of them the whole day was one saying, "This is the worst day ever."

Hmmm, I bet I can find some verterans who stormed the beaches of Normandy on D-Day who can probably find a worse day. :o

And for a ww2 soldier D-Day might be the worst day of their life, but thats their life. Not your coworker's life.

For many young american minorities and muslims especially Trump winning was a devastating blow and very well may be the worst day of their life. Regardless of some veteran's personal experiences on D-Day. And unlike D-day, which afterward brought confidence and pride to americans, this Trump victory just brings fear, humiliation, and shame.

For a lot of those 25-35 (I think...), Tuesday was the SECOND worst day politically and humanity wise in our lives ever. Especially those of us who are minorities. 9/11 being the first one we experienced. However on that day we mostly saw hope among people coming together. Not every side trying to fire off bullet rounds at each other. Casualty wise 9/11, destruction of humanitarian issues 11/9. We could pull ourselves back up from 9/11, here many don't even want to lend a hand or choose to remain blind to what is going on around them. This isn't a politican issue, it's a humanitarian one.

I want to stress "a lot" since it would be second worst day humanitarian wise for Muslims, 9/11 being the first.

Last edited:

Well that is just foolish. Left wingers and Democrats should learn a lesson from this, safe spaces, trigger warnings and trying to shut out opposing views you don't like is not a good way to move forward, its a good way to lose. These things breed stagination and complacency.

Old school left wing movements are made of sterner stuff and were more proactive, its time to get out the safe space and really get ready to do hard work.

Well that is just foolish. Left wingers and Democrats should learn a lesson from this, safe spaces, trigger warnings and trying to shut out opposing views you don't like is not a good way to move forward, its a good way to lose. These things breed stagination and complacency.

Old school left wing movements are made of sterner stuff and were more proactive, its time to get out the safe space and really get ready to do hard work.

So you're for the teacher who was teaching his students that Trump was like Hitler in some ways too then, right? If you're all for equal speech in schools - or is it just when it's heiling Trump? This goes for EVERYONE (not direct) complaining about what's going on in schools that's anti-Trump. Both sides are going far. I don't agree with either. But I know some Trump supporters would celebrate one and condemn the other.

Last edited:

Kirsten Powers tried to warn about it, wrote a book about it, and she got slammed BIG TIME for it from her Liberal brothers and sisters.

So you're for the teacher who was teaching his students that Trump was like Hitler in some ways too then, right? If you're all for equal speech in schools - or is it just when it's heiling Trump? This goes for EVERYONE complaining about what's going on in schools that's anti-Trump. Both sides are going far.

Where did I say Trump supporters should not have their views challenged? Everyone should have their viewpoints challenged in university, that is what university is about, I prefer that then everyone having their own echo chamber.

Frankly I don't think its the best idea for a teacher to compare Trump to Hitler, due to his position, but if he lets students challenge it that is something.

Trying to shut down discussion just drives these viewpoints underground till they explode to the surface and we get something like Trump.

Sure some Trump's supporters are racist, but I don't think the majority are, refuse to engage them at your political peril.

The Trump side won, the other side can cry and further retreat into a bubble or they can take their anger and do something postive with it.

You do know that most protestors aren't there for political reasons, but the visible rise in hate crimes across the country spurned on by Trump's campaign (on both sides) - a HUMANITARIAN ISSUE not politics? And that those out there and those complaining AREN'T all Hillary supporters at all rather believe in standing up against bullying? I have hated Hillary since I was in high school, but I'd even rather vote for Lex Luthor before Trump.

However as said there are those not as rational as you or me are with what's going on at schools. Seeing it as one side or the other not realizing they're only making the world worse. As a true independent (as well as minority) who has always been this way, this has been an utter nightmare to watch.

Last edited:
You do know that most protestors aren't there for political reasons, but the visible rise in hate crimes across the country spurned on by Trump's campaign (on both sides) - a HUMANITARIAN ISSUE not politics? And that those out there and those complaining AREN'T all Hillary supporters at all rather believe in standing up against bullying? I have hated Hillary since I was in high school, but I'd even rather vote for Lex Luthor before Trump.

However as said there are those not as rational as you or me are with what's going on at schools. Seeing it as one side or the other not realizing they're only making the world worse. As a true independent (as well as minority) who has always been this way, this has been an utter nightmare to watch.

Fine, confront and demonize people who are actively commiting hate crimes, but if you think that is all Trump supporters and want to paint them all with the same brush, be prepared for more things like Trump.

Moral smugness is luxary left wingers cannot afford anymore, its time for a real battle of ideas, where people listen to each other and exchange viewpoints. Trump's ideas can be challenged, but say the other side has no right to debate, means you lose the debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"