• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Discussion: The DEMOCRATIC Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
RNC is still ahead overall, but not by much.....an article on the issue....

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/demo...ars-gop-funding-level-ahead/story?id=10909240

This is what I think is happening which is brought out by the article....and hey, I agree with what is happening, giving to specific candidates is much smarter in my opinion than giving to the RNC.

It's the same with my tithe, I give to charities I choose, not charities that a church chooses....

With Dwindling Trust in the RNC, Conservative Groups Urge Donors to Give Directly to Candidates, PACs

DNC should be out raising the RNC. And individual Republican candidates should be out raising individual Democratic candidates.

The political landscape and the incompetency of Michael Steele should encourage direct donations on the Republican side.

Would anyone else love to see Jim Webb run an insurgency campaign against Obama in 2012? Sigh, in a perfect world.

In a perfect world we would get an incredibly charismatic capitalist that has the ability to convince the American people that they need to destroy the current government and reboot afresh using the Constitution and Bill of Rights, not a Jim Webb Presidency.

Ok, in the perfect realistic world. :oldrazz:

The country will be a better place when it no longer has Klansmen in it's government. And that's all I will say about that.

I just heard the news. While he may have supported some controversial issues, he did oppose the Iraq War.

He was a racist old bat who claimed to have changed for political convenience.

He also was horrible about using federal funds to create his own pyramids. Robert C. Byrd Highway, for example.

So he was essentially the Arlen Specter of the South?

With a greater dose of evil, and a smidgen less of political pragmatism.

Furthermore, I would reject the notion of West Virginia as "the South". :oldrazz:

He also was horrible about using federal funds to create his own pyramids. Robert C. Byrd Highway, for example.
A highway that was needed in this state. A highway that gave alot of people jobs in this state.

Yes Byrd loved his "Pork" but he also did ALOT of good for this state.

I've said this many times before, Byrd should have retired a long time ago, but the man did the job he was sent to DC to do for W.Va. The rest of the country might not have liked him but he was a very respected and loved man in W.Va.

Some pork is good for the state that it is intended to be used in. I have no problem with a good portion of it.....the problem is, there is way too much of it, and it gets tacked on to legislation that it has nothing to do with to get passed.

It's the whole transparency thing for me....don't tack on millions of dollars to an airport that no one uses to a transportation bill that is truly needed.

A highway that went no where. Yes, clearly it was a state need. LOL. (Furthermore, one would question whether it's appropriate to use Federal Funding on a state need - but I know you aren't interested in a debate along those lines).

West Virginia's love of Byrd was well deserved - he spent millions upon millions of federal dollars buying it.

Some pork is good for the state that it is intended to be used in. I have no problem with a good portion of it.....the problem is, there is way too much of it, and it gets tacked on to legislation that it has nothing to do with to get passed.

It's the whole transparency thing for me....don't tack on millions of dollars to an airport that no one uses to a transportation bill that is truly needed.
What airport are you talking about?:huh:

I wasn't talking about Byrd, I was talking about pork in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"