The 2008 Democratic and Republican Primaries

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if Obama Loses, there are it's going to be much worse for this country than what our Generation has ever seen. I think it'll make Bush/Gore 2000 look like a Disney Movie in comparision.

If McCain Loses, it'll just be another day...

Until January 20th, then the end is upon us...

This Is Not Suppose To Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

I predict a major upset for Obama, at which time McCain, unable to believe he won, will have a heart attack, and then we'll have the moose-hunting Palin as President, until she's assassinated, at which time Nancy Pelosi will be our new Commander In Chief, and then we'll all be screwed...

If Obama loses, it all depends on how he loses and how the media plays it. If they just admit their polls were wrong...then the fall out might not be too too bad. Of course, they won't. Every mainstream media network will be up til 5 am talking about how they could've been so wrong and if there was something sinister at play. That could be detrimental. Though youth voters are very immature so I do anticipate a lot of disillusioned voters and protests on inauguration day.

As for Obama, yeah, I think there may be some riots of celebration. It is a big event historically and if the Red Sox winning the World Series can cause riots, I think this will too. That said, they should calm down by the following morning and from that point on it will be business as usual (with maybe a little more press coverage surrounding his preparing for his first term than a usual president would get).

I predict a major upset for Obama, at which time McCain, unable to believe he won, will have a heart attack, and then we'll have the moose-hunting Palin as President, until she's assassinated, at which time Nancy Pelosi will be our new Commander In Chief, and then we'll all be screwed...

:dry: Really? I believe Palin would get to pick her own vice-president if such a thing happened. Chances are she would play it safe and go with one of the two Republican front runners in the primary (Huckabee or Romney). Of course, they would be subject to Senate approval and if Senate comes off their superstar Obama losing...well...it might be very hard to get the Democrats to approve anyone. Then again, Lieberman will probably vote for whomever Palin selects, and Dick Cheney will break the tie if no other Democrat is willing to cross party lines.

:dry: Really? I believe Palin would get to pick her own vice-president if such a thing happened. Chances are she would play it safe and go with one of the two Republican front runners in the primary (Huckabee or Romney). Of course, they would be subject to Congressional approval.

Ten political points for Matt! :up:

:dry: Really? I believe Palin would get to pick her own vice-president if such a thing happened. Chances are she would play it safe and go with one of the two Republican front runners in the primary (Huckabee or Romney). Of course, they would be subject to Senate approval and if Senate comes off their superstar Obama losing...well...it might be very hard to get the Democrats to approve anyone. Then again, Lieberman will probably vote for whomever Palin selects, and Dick Cheney will break the tie if no other Democrat is willing to cross party lines.

Not if she's taken out before she chooses her VP...

- Senator Barack Obama wins the election by a rather healthy margin.

- Democrats increase their majority in the Senate with 54 seats (Virginia, New Mexico, New Hampshire, Colorado, Alaska). With Bernie Sanders they will have a guaranteed 55 seat majority. However with Minnesota, North Carolina, Oregon, they have a good chance of getting 58 seats. The only upside for the Republicans are that Joe Lieberman will most likely caucus with them once the Democrats punish him and the Democrats will not get the 60 seat majority they're looking for.

- The Democrats will increase their majority in the House.

- Senator Barack Obama wins the election by a rather healthy margin.

- Democrats increase their majority in the Senate with 54 seats (Virginia, New Mexico, New Hampshire, Colorado, Alaska). With Bernie Sanders they will have a guaranteed 55 seat majority. However with Minnesota, North Carolina, Oregon, they have a good chance of getting 58 seats. The only upside for the Republicans are that Joe Lieberman will most likely caucus with them once the Democrats punish him and the Democrats will not get the 60 seat majority they're looking for.

- The Democrats will increase their majority in the House.

McCain wins the election bacause he either A; convinces people he's responsible for the drop in gas prices. B; He catches Bin Laden, Al Queda, The Joker and Lex Luthor.

But seriously I feel Obama will win. If he doesn't it will be bad for business. Mass groups will riot and protest in the streets.

I'm hoping for an Obama win...but I think McCain is gonna edge him out by a very small margin. And then, McCain will start grinning those rotten teeth of his at America and a victory over the DEMS.

I think Obama will win, and if he does I think this country might be polarized by those who support Obama and those who still convinced that he's a terrorist/Muslim/anti-American or whatnots. Obviously, there will still be rational people (esp. the moderates and independents) who will neutral afterward. But I think Obama's every action will be magnified and every mistake perceived as colossal failure by his opponent, and our next president won't have an easy road ahead due to trillions of debt, ongoing wars, collapsing credit and housing industries, and many other challenges.

If McCain wins, though, it will reinforce the perception that minorities have no real shot at winning the WH, and I think it will fuel alot of angers and talk of conspiracies. And we will have a statuo quo where Bush's policies pretty much stay pat, with no visible changes whatsoever. Of course, there will also be battles between the executive and legislative branches.

If Obama would win, the rest of the planet will have a collective sigh of relief.

Some will celebrate, and I wouldn't be surprised if voting hits record numbers, especially with minorities and the youth. I'm not predicting a landslide, but it wont surprise me given early voting lines.

I'm sure some will attempt to riot, but the majority will make sure to step aside and point them out so they can be detained administered their necessary medication. Then the crazies will go back to stealing cats, stocking up on converted semi-automatic rifles, and making their kids lives hell.

Sarah Palin will sink back into obscurity, and not be re-elected as Governor after her actions over the last 3 months letting McCains people run her state.

John McCain will finish his term in the Senate, and retire. I doubt he will get re-elected after this mess.

If by some twisted reality McCain wins, I expect a recount that will make 2000 look like an audition for Hell on earth.

Agreed with most of what people are saying.

Obama will win, but not by a huge margin, in terms of the popular vote. In the electoral college he wins in a blow out. Democrats win big in the Senate. There may be some "celebration rioting" in major cities (LA, Detroit, south side of Chicago), but the police will be prepared and out in force. The KKK and Neo Nazis will huff and puff as Obama takes the oath of office but the real danger to his life in the coming years will come from the lone nut job.

If McCain wins, America and the rest of the world will scream in a collective "WTF" and there will be mass rioting that would dwarf the rioting of an Obama victory. Hell, even McCain would be vulnerable to being killed in that strongly polarized of an atmosphere.

Obama wins- Just another day. Those that supported Obama will celebrate, those that support McCain have already prepared for the worst. No big surprises.

McCain wins- Possible riots, more racial and political polarization in this country. It really depends on how close it is, where McCain gets his win from, and how debatable the outcome is. If it's another 2000 it will be chaos.

Both unspeakable joy/pride and utter doomage in the same breath. :(

If Obama loses, the United States will become the laughing stock of the entire fricking planet.

If he wins, there will be hell to pay with white supremists. They will come out of the woodworks in numbers that even the media will be gasping at. I don't mean to sound like a prophet, but I truly believe we will witness hate crimes like nothing we've ever seen. I don't think ANY of us here now truly know the magnitude...the sheer impact of having a black man ruling the world's greatest superpower will mean.

It will shake the global community to its very roots.

I don't know about the Illinois Nazis or the ones in Indiana, but down here in the South, they're nothing but a joke. You're talking about trailer park residents from the boonies of Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, and Kentucky. They're proud if they can organize their audio recordings of every Nascar race

I don't know about the Illinois Nazis or the ones in Indiana, but down here in the South, they're nothing but a joke. You're talking about trailer park residents from the boonies of Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, and Kentucky. They're proud if they can organize their audio recordings of every Nascar race

I gotta say, I'm surprised to hear that. Although I'm from Illinois, so the image of the KKK and the South go pretty hand in hand for me. :o I like to think IL is pretty progressive, but maybe I'm wrong. Sure we have racists, but I cant see them as virulent as racists from other parts of the country.

Please dont jinx us by mentioning 2000. :csad:

How about 2004? The world didn't like the results of that either. Third time is the charm!

I'll be arriving in San Francisco from Canada on the 5th so I hope things go well.

Obama Wins

Serves 5 - 8 months, gets assassinated

Country weeps

Biden becomes president

After that... I don't know. :csad:

I predict a major upset for Obama, at which time McCain, unable to believe he won, will have a heart attack, and then we'll have the moose-hunting Palin as President, until she's assassinated, at which time Nancy Pelosi will be our new Commander In Chief, and then we'll all be screwed

......No one would waste a bullet on Sarah Palin.

This is going to be another close election. I think claiming a landslide for either side would be foolish at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"