Bush (merge x4)

sinewave

Avenger
Reaction score
He just doesn't understand the concept of bipartisanship, does he?

CNN.com said:
Bush: Democrats shouldn't be trusted to run Congress

STOCKTON, California (AP) -- President Bush, on a campaign swing in the West, is arguing the Democratic Party is weak-kneed on national security and shouldn't be trusted to hold the reins of Congress.

"If you listen closely to some of the leaders of the Democratic Party, it sounds like -- it sounds like -- they think the best way to protect the American people is, wait until we're attacked again," Bush said Monday at a $360,000 fundraiser in Reno, Nevada, for state Secretary of State Dean Heller's congressional campaign.

Bush delivered the administration's oft-repeated claims about the Democrats as it struggles with persistent questions about a recent intelligence report that suggests the Iraq war has helped recruit more terrorists, and a new book, "State of Denial," by journalist Bob Woodward that contends Bush misled the country about the war.

In the latest development, a State Department official confirmed that Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice did receive a CIA briefing about terror threats just about two months before the Sept. 11 attacks. Rice has said repeatedly she could not specifically recall the meeting. (Spokeman: Rice didn't 'brush off' terror warning)

Spokesman Sean McCormack said the information at the July 10, 2001 session is not new.

In the home stretch of campaigning for the Nov. 7 elections, Bush is using his $2.3 million fundraising sprint through Nevada, California, Arizona and Colorado to try to draw a line between Democrats and Republicans.

Bush was speaking Tuesday at a $400,000 breakfast fundraiser in Stockton, 60 miles east of the San Francisco Bay Area, for Rep. Richard Pombo. Later, he was to attend a $600,000 fundraiser in El Dorado Hills for Rep. John Doolittle and then raise $1.3 million at a Republican National Committee event in the Los Angeles area.

Pombo and Doolittle easily survived primary challenges this year from opponents who criticized them for their connections to disgraced lobbyist Jack Abramoff.

One presidential action was tucked into Bush's Tuesday schedule, perhaps to help the various campaigns defray the cost of getting the president to the political events. Bush was to sign the Partners for Fish and Wildlife Act. Pombo sponsored the House version of the bill, which aims to help landowners restore and manage fish and wildlife habitats on private property.
Stomping in Nevada

Bush's first stop on his trip West was an airport hangar in Reno, Nevada, where a few hundred people gathered to support Heller, who is running against Democrat Jill Derby.

Republicans have held the seat since it was created 25 years ago to represent more than 100,000 square miles -- nearly the entire state except for Las Vegas. Republicans hold an edge of more than 47,000 registered, mostly rural voters, but polls suggest it is a close race.

About 100 protesters chanting "Vote for Change" rallied nearby.

"I think it's an indication of how desperate the Republicans have gotten to try to hang onto a seat that just a year ago was considered a slam dunk for the Republicans," said Pam duPre, executive director of the Washoe County Democratic Party.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/10/03/bush.ap/index.html

All this despite the fact that his party's war to supposedly protect America has been proven to have made the entire world more dangerous.

The world will be much safer once we kill all the terrorism.

What is the Democratic plan for keeping us safe? I'm not being an arse I seriously don't know. Any links would be helpful...

tomahawk53 said:
What is the Democratic plan for keeping us safe? I'm not being an arse I seriously don't know. Any links would be helpful...

I don't know what their specific plans are, but I would hope they wouldn't make the world less safe, as the Bush Administration has done. Just the fact that he thinks it's more important to paint people who disagree with his foreign policy, which is the majority of the country, as cowards, proves that he and his Administration aren't doing their job of representing the people. If the choice is between a lack of clarity and the certainty of failure, then I'll take the lack of clarity.

sinewave said:
I don't know what their specific plans are, but I would hope they wouldn't make the world less safe, as the Bush Administration has done. Just the fact that he thinks it's more important to paint people who disagree with his foreign policy, which is the majority of the country, as cowards, proves that he and his Administration aren't doing their job of representing the people. If the choice is between a lack of clarity and the certainty of failure, then I'll take the lack of clarity.

well said .. i never understood why people are like : democrats this.. republicans that..." dude is not adreessing issues he is just pointing fingers..... that is why i find him incompetent(sp) and ultimately a failure....i cant stand this dude..he is an embarrassment for me as an american... i hope the dems get that seat and make him at least a little more humble

So, let me get this straight: it's becoming more and more evident that he knows jack about stopping terrorism, and yet he's insisting that his opponents would be bad at it?

Bush has a strategery for beating the terrorists, you commies :cmad:

Bush speaks the truth.

You cant handle the truth.

Fred_Fury said:
Bush speaks the truth.

You cant handle the truth.

hahahaha you are a funny guy and a little stupid too...

seriously, would you trust democrats running congress? I wouldnt. They'd probably sell us out, they dont even like america.

I do have to give credit to Bush, the guy's poor leadership influenced me to take a week long forum in DC, see what the **** was going on behind closed doors, then allowed me to finalize my choice to go into law.

Bush for Vaginas: 08 :up:

Fred_Fury said:
seriously, would you trust democrats running congress? I wouldnt. They'd probably sell us out, they dont even like america.

whatever little integrity your posts had is gone with this one...

are you serious?:ninja: :whatever: :o

Fred_Fury said:

what? are you serious? Bush saying the truth?

Where are the weapons of massive destruction?

What happened with Bin Laden?

Where is the Connection between Al-Qaeda and Saddam Husein?

Is the world safer from terrorism, nowadays, than six years ago?

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --George W. Bush, interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006

Nuff said.

Bill said:
"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --George W. Bush, interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006

Nuff said.

:wow: :eek: ahahahahahahhaha

Fred_Fury said:

Yeah, I'm a democrat....I am helping my fellow democrats plan the downfall of the peaceful nation that is America :cmad:

DOWN WITH TEH FR33D0MZ!!!!!!!!!!

1. THE DEMOCRATS HAVEN'T SHOW US THAT THEY WOULD BE BETTER AT HANDLING TERRORISM THAN BUSH OR THE REPUBLICANS.

2. I DON'T THINK THAT BUSH IS THE ONLY GUILTY PARTY IN DIVIDING THE COUNTRY. THE DEMOCRATS WERE COMPLETELY UNWILLING TO WORK WITH HIM OR THE REPUBLICANS RIGHT FROM THE BEGINNING. THEY ARE JUST AS GUILTY AS HE IS.

3. I PERSONALLY DON'T TRUST THE DEMOCRATS RUNNING CONGRESS BECAUSE:

A. I LOATHE THE DEMOCRATIC LEADERSHIP, JUST LIKE THE REPUBLICAN LEADERSHIP, THEY ARE VERY MUCH OUT OF TOUCH WITH THE AVERAGE AMERICAN.

B. THEY'RE JUST RUNNING ON A "WE'RE NOT REPUBLICANS" PLATFORM. THAT IS NOT A WAY TO RUN AN ELECTION. I FEEL THAT NEITHER PARTY IS SERIOUSLY TACKLING THE ISSUES. I THINK THE AMERICAN PUBLIC IS STARTING TO REALISE THAT NOW. ONE PARTY HAS A BAD PLAN AND THE OTHER HAS NO PLAN. WOW, WAY TO SCREW OVER THE VOTERS. REMIND ME TO EITHER VOTE FOR A THIRD PARTY OR NOT VOTE FOR CONGRESS AT ALL IN PROTEST, BECAUSE I AM DISGUSTED ON HOW THE TWO-PARTY SYSTEM HAS SCREWED US OVER :o

Fred_Fury said:

Jourmugand said:
Rebublicans are ruining the USA.They must be destroyed.

*BANGS HEAD*

WHY MUST YOU PEOPLE BE SO DAMN STUPID :cmad:

THERE ARE GOOD DEMOCRATS AND THERE ARE GOOD REPUBLICANS. THERE ARE ALSO BAD DEMOCRATS AND BAD REPUBLICANS. NEITHER PARTY IS TRYING TO DESTROY AMERICA. THEY JUST WANT POWER, PLAIN AND SIMPLE. BOTH OF YOU NEED TO STOP BEING SPOON-FED THE BULLS**T THAT THE DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS SAY ABOUT EACH OTHER, GROW UP, AND CHOOSE A CANDIDATE NOT BASED ON PARTY, BUT BASED ON WHAT THE CANDIDATE STANDS FOR AND IF YOU THINK THAT HE IS THE RIGHT ONE TO CHOOSE FROM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"