The Treatment of a President

I think most agree....Bush will be in the 30's as far as presidential rank.
43 being the bottom at this time.

I'd say high thirties at the least, but I concede there is no way he belongs in the top three. I still give Pierce, Buchanan and Johnson those honors.

I'd say high thirties at the least, but I concede there is no way he belongs in the top three. I still give Pierce, Buchanan and Johnson those honors.

I am not the presidential guru....
I don't know...
I was thinking somewhere between 30 and 35...

I think U.S. Grant should be in the top 5, along with W.

I am not the presidential guru....
I don't know...
I was thinking somewhere between 30 and 35...
I'd say he's either equal or just below Grant. Grant was very corrupt, but it was "because of judgment, not intent" (he appointed his war buddies to top cabinet positions, rather than appoint appropriate people) and he was somewhat progressive in his political stances. So I'd say he's in or around him.

I'd say he's either equal or just below Grant. Grant was very corrupt, but it was "because of judgment, not intent" (he appointed his war buddies to top cabinet positions, rather than appoint appropriate people) and he was somewhat progressive in his political stances. So I'd say he's in or around him.

I remember Grant, yeah he was by far one of the worst 3....
Poor guy from what I read was so taken advantage of, he never knew what hit him till it was over

I think U.S. Grant should be in the top 5, along with W.
I'd put Grant at number four then, and Bush at five, although I kind of wonder how much worse Bush would've been at a more volatile time during our history, like say, the beginning of the Civil War...

Not only has Bush's treatment NOT been a disgrace (what nonsense is this?), but at the end of his G-d forsaken run EVERY American should line outside the WH and be allowed to punch the *****e bag in the stomach. Twice if you lost someone in Iraq.

Bush is an idiot, no argument here, but I don't think we was quite the disaster that Andrew Johnson was.

I understand the point of bashing your nations leader, I understand that it is our constitutional right of free speech as well..

How is being critical of the person in office "bashing"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"