• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Teleprompter vs Bush-isms?

Wait, I eat cheeseburgers with mustard............I'm gay? Well I'll be.....

I like it it is "Obama is a gay" and not "Obama is gay". :clown:

Conservatism on gays is classy like that.

And this was the first time I had ever heard that sexuality could linked at all to a cheeseburger.

Wait, wait, wait...who said it was gay?

I heard a number of clips last week on the radio.

And nobody actually called him "a gay". But it seemed hinted at that it was some how effeminate or that his sexuality was in question because he didn't put ketchup on his cheesburger.

I think Laura Ingram hit him hard for not putting ketchup on his burger and going with mustard instead.

Again, nobody actually called him gay. But...reading between the lines it was what it seemed like to me.

I cannot understand the problem anyone, anywhere would have with anyone over how they eat they're cheeseburgers. But...

Remember when we were kids? If mom wanted us to eat something, she'd put ketchup on it.

Besides, if you have some tomato on your burger, you don't need ketchup

Haven't heard any of that (not much talk radio for the past week or so - been on an Iron Maiden / Dream Theater / Michael Buble kick) I have heard where some tried to paint him as an elitist because be asked for a spicy mustard, but that's just a ridiculous stretch. But this is the first I've heard of his sexuality being questioned. Come on, he;s not John Edwards!:woot:

I heard a number of clips last week on the radio.

And nobody actually called him "a gay". But it seemed hinted at that it was some how effeminate or that his sexuality was in question because he didn't put ketchup on his cheesburger.

I think Laura Ingram hit him hard for not putting ketchup on his burger and going with mustard instead.

Again, nobody actually called him gay. But...reading between the lines it was what it seemed like to me.

I cannot understand the problem anyone, anywhere would have with anyone over how they eat they're cheeseburgers. But...

Gotcha, you're just assuming.

I highly doubt anyone has a problem. They are more than likely joking about it. Laura jokes all the time and you have to have listened to her show for awhile to know when she is serious and when she is joking.

The primary ingredient in ketchup is tomatoes. If I got a tomato slice on my burger or hot dog, I don't need ketchup

The primary ingredients in ketchup are High Fructose corn syrup, salt, salt and more salt.
:oldrazz:

The primary ingredient in ketchup is tomatoes. If I got a tomato slice on my burger or hot dog, I don't need ketchup
And water is the primary ingredient in Coke - but they ain't the same!

Remember when we were kids? If mom wanted us to eat something, she'd put ketchup on it.

Besides, if you have some tomato on your burger, you don't need ketchup

You know that never occurred to me :wow:

If you want to discuss your favorite condiments, please take it to the lounge.

This thread is for thoughts on teleprompters and Bush'isms. Let's keep it on topic.

Bushisms are funny.

Teleprompters are not.

I mean, I can't even see the thing on television. It doesn't hold a candle to Bushisms.

I think Ms. Pelosi needs to start using a teleprompter.

HA! She sounded like a scared Porky Pig yesterday.

Her hands were...distracting.

Fumbling through paperwork to find her words...well, suddenly a teleprompter doesn't seem like a bad idea.

But how do you use a teleprompter at a press conference. I know that Obama does, but only for his 15 minute speech before actually taking questions. Once you start taking question a teleprompter is obsolete unless you have the questions ahead of time and the order they will be asked. (which I actually see coming for Obama)...lol

Well, when getting asked questions...I don't think it's possible without getting heavy flack.

But, jumbling through loads of paper at the podium when asked a tough question...looks bad no matter how you slice it.

Well, with the papers it could be notes. Or it could be blank paper to give the appearance of notes. Or it could be a comic book

Well, with the papers it could be notes. Or it could be blank paper to give the appearance of notes. Or it could be a comic book

Either way, you look seriously unprepared...or caught in a lie and failing miserably at proving your case.

If a Teleprompter Falls in the White House Does It Make a Sound?

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/07/if-a-teleprompter-falls-in-the-white-house-does-it-make-a-sound.html
ABC News' Sunlen Miller and Jake Tapper report:

If a teleprompter falls in the White House, does it make a sound?

Yes, especially when it’s the President’s teleprompter – or TOTUS as it is often referred to.

Midway through his speech on urban and metropolitan policy in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building this afternoon, one of his two small glass prompters came crashing down, hitting the wood floor and crashing in many pieces. It made quite a ruckus.

“Oh, goodness,” a startled President Obama said. “Sorry about that, guys.”

He then proceeded on with his remarks, “To pull our economy back from the brink, including the largest and most sweeping economic recovery plan in our nation's history…”

For the rest of the speech the president relied on the one remaining teleprompter, to his right, and notes on his podium to finish his speech.

Shards of glass remained near the president’s feet for the duration of his speech.

The President’s fandom for his nearly omnipresent prompter has become something of a joke, even to him. In May at the White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner the President poked fun at himself, declaring that he wanted to “speak from the heart” and “off the cuff.”

Two large teleprompters then rose, with a big smile from the President, and laughs from the White House press corps.

Prompter problems also recently plagued Vice President Joe Biden as well. During a commencement address in May to graduates of the Air Force Academy, a gust of wind knocked over his teleprompter.

The VP took the opportunity to crack a joke at his boss’s expense.

“What am I going to tell the president when I tell him his teleprompter is broken?” Biden joked, “What will he do then?”

Of course, television reporters and anchors never become over-reliant on teleprompters. Never happens. Nope. Never.

-Sunlen Miller and Jake Tapper

More proof of the greatness that is Obama. He was able to make it through his speech with only one teleprompter. Will the wonder never cease?:cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"