Disney Channel developing "Boy Meets World" sequel series

No surprise there. There have been a lot of rumblings for a few months now that the series was either cancelled or precariously close to being cancelled in favor of yet another reboot with an even younger cast to take up the roles.

Please god say the cancellation is true, it's airing on Disney what more was there to expect, don't they end shows after they hit the 100 episode mark anyways?

No surprise there. There have been a lot of rumblings for a few months now that the series was either cancelled or precariously close to being cancelled in favor of yet another reboot with an even younger cast to take up the roles.

What are they going to do? Cancel their show about 13 year olds in favor of a show about 6 year olds?

Hollywood ageism is out of control! :o

Please god say the cancellation is true, it's airing on Disney what more was there to expect, don't they end shows after they hit the 100 episode mark anyways?

If that were true there would be another 29 episodes left of Girl Meets World. They look to end on episode 71, Girl Meets Goodbye.

What are they going to do? Cancel their show about 13 year olds in favor of a show about 6 year olds?

Hollywood ageism is out of control! :o
The main cast is actually 15-18 years old, excluding Corey and Topanga, but yeah they can't go much younger without running into even more restrictive limitations on working hours for the kids not to mention harder casting to find children who can act.

Freeform should pick the series up and bring back TGIF.

That is one option for the series and something a lot of fans would like to see since Disney allegedly does not like the show going into a more "mature" route with the characters daring to actually grow up into teenagers and young adults.

I agree about Freeform.

The show did provide a template for "Fuller House" in a way.

It started off crappy then they found their footing. Too little too late, it appears. I liked it for what it was, but I didn't expect them to exceed Boy Meets World in terms of episodes. At least it's getting a finale so they can send the characters off right.

That is one option for the series and something a lot of fans would like to see since Disney allegedly does not like the show going into a more "mature" route with the characters daring to actually grow up into teenagers and young adults.
if thats case, they should just sent older kids off to collage and make the show about the little brother instead (they can even change the name back to "Boy meets world")

I only watch it for Corey and Topanga anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"