Disney in talks to buy Fox: X-Men Homecoming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I this goes down they need to fly Jackman out to wherever they are shooting IW for a cameo or more. The possibility of Wolvie with Spidey and the Avengers, man that would be unbelievable.

Please let this happen, I need a MCU X-Men, Deadpool and Fantastic 4. But reading the various articles about it, I am not encouraged, I am cautiously optimistic at best. As from what I have read the 2 companies have been in on and off negotiations for awhile, and who knows what the government will say in regards to anti-trust laws.

Hahahahaha
Our government doesnt give crap about anti trust laws anymore...
gotta make that paper

Hahahahaha
Our government doesnt give crap about anti trust laws anymore...
gotta make that paper

Oh they care about them, as in they will make a fuss at first to get Disney and Fox to hand over some bribes.

I can't believe that another huge step to media consolidation would be considered a good thing.

Please let this happen, I need a MCU X-Men, Deadpool and Fantastic 4. But reading the various articles about it, I am not encouraged, I am cautiously optimistic at best. As from what I have read the 2 companies have been in on and off negotiations for awhile, and who knows what the government will say in regards to anti-trust laws.
MCU Deadpool would be PG13

Like Disney doesn't already own the entertainment industry.

They don't really have a strong foothold in the music industry. :o

MCU Deadpool would be PG13

And we'd never see anything like Logan again. Besides, Disney already owns just about everything. Them owning the whole industry is nothing but scary, they already bully film theaters.

This would be about more then just X-Men. This would also be content for the upoming Disney streaming service and also more IP they can use in the parks. Pulling not just disney content, but fox content from hulu/netflix and bringing it to disneys service would make it much more attractive.

And we'd never see anything like Logan again. Besides, Disney already owns just about everything. Them owning the whole industry is nothing but scary, they already bully film theaters.

I just read about that after watching Red Letter Media's review of Ragnarok. The notion that Disney would mandate theaters keep Star Wars in theaters for a certain amount of time and keep out any potential new films in the following weeks of Star War's premiere feels very much like them altering the deal.

On one hand for me: FantasticFourFantasticFourFantasticFourFantasticFour....

On the other: Will we ever see something like Logan and Deadpool again, would they awkwardly insert X-men and FF into the MCU proper or allow them to be on their own?

I love the MCU and have a blast with each movie, but even though I've had some issues with the X-franchise in the past, I like that they're experimenting more with things like Logan, Deadpool and now it looks like New Mutants will be horror-based. I don't want to lose that.

Says a nobody in Finland.

I just read about that after watching Red Letter Media's review of Ragnarok. The notion that Disney would mandate theaters keep Star Wars in theaters for a certain amount of time and keep out any potential new films in the following weeks of Star War's premiere feels very much like them altering the deal.

Exactly. Can't imagine further power to the company would ease the situation with the theaters, or their streaming service ploy.

Says a nobody in Finland.

That's your contribution to the discussion? Pathetic.

On one hand for me: FantasticFourFantasticFourFantasticFourFantasticFour....

On the other: Will we ever see something like Logan and Deadpool again, would they awkwardly insert X-men and FF into the MCU proper or allow them to be on their own?

I love the MCU and have a blast with each movie, but even though I've had some issues with the X-franchise in the past, I like that they're experimenting more with things like Logan, Deadpool and now it looks like New Mutants will be horror-based. I don't want to lose that.
But what about the classic X-Men that aren’t Logan and Deadpool? Does no one else notice the movies people are scared of losing are Logan and Deadpool and not “X-Men” movies?

Fascinating....

How long ago was it that Fox was in talks to buy WB? And Now they might be selling Fox to Disney?

But what about the classic X-Men that aren’t Logan and Deadpool? Does no one else notice the movies people are scared of losing are Logan and Deadpool and not “X-Men” movies?

Logan and Deadpool were great, it's easy to hope for more. After Apocalypse who knows what happens with the X-Men films, especially with Kinberg directing. If we are on for more X2 or DOFP level films, I would never trade that for a possibly bland but comic-accurate version. Fact also is that if we lose the X-Men we also lose the experimental spin-offs for good.

Fox's shares jumped 8.5% after this news broke, meaning the market is behind this merger. Might take some hoops to jump through but I bet it happens.

In my point, I'm more talking about how they decided not to make "typical" superhero movies and pushed to be R-rated despite the norm being Pg-13 and how Logan was more about the ending journey of a battered fighter instead of a "save the day, dispense justice and feel good " type of adventure. I actually want a classic X-men that gives due to Cyclops, to Storm, to Nightcrawler, and more. I'm just saying, I don't want the realm of breaking out and doing something new to be lost.

If we are on for more X2 or DOFP level films, I would never trade that for a possibly bland but comic-accurate version. Fact also is that if we lose the X-Men we also lose the experimental spin-offs for good.
I already don’t see how a comic accurate X-Men would be bland, as the X-Men weren’t bland before the movies in the first place, they were very popular,

So we’re just not going to agree on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"