Disney Making a Live-Action Version of 'The Jungle Book'

Excellent flick with perfect pacing and a good blend of emotion and humor. I spent the whole movie in terror that something would happen to Gray. Yeah, I know it's a Disney movie but still....

Mowgli being depicted as cunning with his tricks was a nice touch.

I didn't like were King Louie's song, which didn't fit in well with the rest of the movie. It would've gone over better, I think, if Kaa's song had been left in. Also, I couldn't get used to Shere Khan's voice. I prefer the animated voice.

I enjoyed this but I thought the transitions from locale to locale were jarring and the editing to progress the plot was super rough. Mowgli was in one place then cut to black...open a new scene in a totally different place. Needed a montage or transitional sequences. It felt like a bunch of scenes just cut together with a 2 second black screen. It felt pressed for time.

Isn't that how the original cartoon was kinda cut?

Shere Khan's brutality caught me a bit by surprise.

Is it too much b to ask for a Jungle Book trilogy that sustains the quality of the first movie?

As of today Gitesh seems to think it will get there, but I've known his estimates to be a touch overly optimistic before.

Gitesh Pandya ‎@GiteshPandya
#JungleBook broke $100M in China on MON & cracks $200M in US today. Will shatter $600M global FRI & $700M by SUN climbing to $1B+.
10:27 AM - 26 Apr 2016

Saw it once in 4D which was awesome. Seeing it again in IMAX. This film was surprisingly a lot more experience-worthy in 4D than Batman Vs Superman (which I enjoyed, a lot). With every swing Mowgli made - you felt it. With every water scene - they basically made it rain in the theater... maybe a little too much since it was endless for about three minutes lol. But, it was overall a very interesting experience.

Saw this yesterday and it was incredible. My God, this movie reminded me I could experience actual joy in the movies again, something I was in dire need of after seeing BVS.

This had the best CG I have ever seen. There were times where I just couldn't tell if it was CG or not. And the environments? My God. From that opening shot of the movie I couldn't believe I wasn't watching a location shot. What a technical triumph. Oh, and the story was great too so it makes this movie even more special.

Finally got around to seeing it. A very enjoyable and entertaining film. Great characters, moments, and animation.

while watching the movie i noticed in some shots that the lighting on Neel Sethi lookd very realistic. now we know why.

AmI8y3g.jpg

OX8jcwN.jpg

gAhzuTv.jpg

even when they filmed inside on soundstages they found a way to simulate real sun with blue skies. i read somewhere that they used some new calculations on computers to find out what color to use for lighting Neel.

Last edited:
The fact that all that **** is CG actually impressed me more than the characters. Favs ain't no joke.

My God, this movie reminded me I could experience actual joy in the movies again, something I was in dire need of after seeing BVS.

Not every flick requires 'joy'. Is cannibal holocaust or Schindler's List joyful? Nope. So why should BvS be? Crawl back to the comic if you want joy. I will take my radical, edgy, suicidal BvS flick.

Yeah, I guess I just don't get Snyder's unconventional vision.

Finally saw this. It was great.

I was not a fan of the trailers and boy was I wrong. I really really enjoyed this.

There's not much to say that hasnt been said. Only complaint is that the pacing did feel a little slow to me at times. And then "I wanna be like you" was kinda out of place to me.

Fantastic movie. Can't wait to pick it up on Blu Ray

Last edited:
This movie further proved to me that you can't always judge CGI by how it looks in a trailer. I didn't think the trailer cg was perfect but in the theater it really blew me away.

there is still hope :)

Yup. :yay:

It seems to have held up decently OS despite the arrival of CW so I have some hope the domestic opening won't hurt it too much.

Wild card is that it still has 3 decent markets left, Hong Kong (May 26), South Korea (June 2) and Japan (August 11).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"