Disney Making a Live-Action Version of 'The Jungle Book'

Finally saw this, and my goodness, it was stunning. Glad it's been such a success. :up:

while watching the movie i noticed in some shots that the lighting on Neel Sethi lookd very realistic. now we know why.

AmI8y3g.jpg

OX8jcwN.jpg

gAhzuTv.jpg

even when they filmed inside on soundstages they found a way to simulate real sun with blue skies. i read somewhere that they used some new calculations on computers to find out what color to use for lighting Neel.

The comparison pics are great to look at...

New ‘The Jungle Book’ Images Offer an Astonishing Before-and-After Look at Two Scenes

With Alice Through the Looking Glass set to be a definite family destination over Memorial Day with a projected $60M over four days, that’s another big reason that’s curbing family dollars away from Angry Birds this weekend. Also stealing dollars away from Angry Birds: Disney’s The Jungle Book in its sixth weekend. Who the heck ever had the foresight to predict that the Jon Favreau movie would be putting up double digit weekends at this point in time? Jungle Book is poised to make $11.3M this weekend in fourth place, taking its stateside cume to $327.8M, becoming Favreau’s highest grossing movie of all-time at the domestic B.O. as a director, drowning his previous high, Marvel’s Iron Man ($318.4M).

http://deadline.com/2016/05/angry-birds-neighbors-2-the-nice-guys-weekend-box-office-1201760146/

TJB will go over $850 million WW this weekend. A billion is probably out of reach but I think it will puff its way across the $900 million mark before it's done.

Nicely done Favreau.

That is potentially 3 Disney films at the top of the list going into the heart of the summer. If Finding Nemo to come in June.

Finally saw this and really loved it. Totally wouldn't mind seeing a live action Lion King at some point.

Finally saw this and really loved it. Totally wouldn't mind seeing a live action Lion King at some point.

Glad you enjoyed it man, it was one of those movies that took me by surprise as I didn't expect them to pull off talking CGI animals so well.

They really did a fantastic job with that ^ Plus it looked beautiful and so well done. Can't wait to see how they did some of this stuff on the special features of the blu ray.

Just like with Zootopia, the Disney bean counters...

giphy.gif

..... aannndd.... Disney does it again. Screwing over the consumer. I mean, what the hell? Delaying the Force Awakens blu ray 3d makes somewhat sense - promote the next film. But now Jungle Book blu ray 3D too? Seriously? At least they can't pull this crap with BFG and Pete's Dragon or at least I hope not "blu ray 3d, sometime 2017!" Agh! What is Disney thinking with this??? I know I'll wait, your average Joe doubt it. They're really shooting themselves in the foot. We still don't even know when Force Awakens 3D is going to hit stores. I just, I have no idea what their thinking behind this could be.

Last edited:
What are the numbers for this?

$934.8 million WW. Still to open in Japan (August 11 IIRC).

How much do you guys think it'll earn in Japan?

I finally saw it and I found the movie to be near flawless. Breath taking visuals engaging story and great performances.

For those still keeping score, JB began its final play in Japan yesterday with $1.7 million. (To compare SLOP also opened with $3 million and X-Men Apocalypse with $1 million.) It was at $941 million before Japan so it has a long way to go and I wouldn't bet on it, but you never know.

I'm so glad there will be a sequel. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie and it really brought back the memories of when I was young watching the animated version. Just incredibly well done!

Sequel confirmed? Awesome!

Oh..I don't know, I was asking Rod.

In the news article on Disney's live action Little Mermaid that's in the works, they mentioned some of the films on their upcoming slate that were being developed. The Jungle Book 2 was one of them, with Favreau returning to direct. I kinda figured that would happen, since they left out Mowgli going to the man village and a few other story elements from the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"