• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Disney/Pixar's Onward

Wow, this is going to become one of biggest bombs of all time. I don't think this will increase the subscriber base of Disney+ in any substantial manner as the ones who will be watching the movie on the streaming services are the ones who already have it. Sale of physical copies will take a gigantic hit and what is even the point of digital release if the movie will be on D+ in 2 weeks time. Should have put a price tag on it for rentals before becoming available for D+.

Wow, this is going to become one of biggest bombs of all time. I don't think this will increase the subscriber base of Disney+ in any substantial manner as the ones who will be watching the movie on the streaming services are the ones who already have it. Sale of physical copies will take a gigantic hit and what is even the point of digital release if the movie will be on D+ in 2 weeks time. Should have put a price tag on it for rentals before becoming available for D+.
They are eating the loss as a bit of goodwill. They already lost the money. They can't really do anything about that.

Why would you buy it digitally when it’s going to come on Disney+ just 2 weeks later? If you’re a big enough Disney fan to buy these movies then chances are you already have Disney+ too.

Why would you buy it digitally when it’s going to come on Disney+ just 2 weeks later? If you’re a big enough Disney fan to buy these movies then chances are you already have Disney+ too.
Im buying because i wont have disney plus forever, i only have it now free for a year and honestly Im not impressed

I thought about buying this, but I probably won't now. Especially since it'll be available on Disney+ so soon and Disney movies never drop in price.

It's the same the thing with purchasing a digital release three weeks before it hits the stores at $19.99. You own it now

When it hits stores physically the price drops on the digital release to $5.99 or $2.99 to just rent.

They prey on peoples needs to get it now. If you wanted it now you have to pay more.

Saw this on Disney+. It was kind of boring for me

This always had kind of a "We tried. But you know, at one point you gotta finish your work and 'Soul' is coming up next, anyway" feel to it judging from the marketing campaign.

But who knows, maybe I'll like it.

A lot of people are gonna be watching it now considering it's the only Pixar movie we'll have for a while from a new standpoint.

Still think they wanted Jack Black originally for the brother role and settled for Pratt.

Saw it last night. It was cute but I don't think the story development went much beyond the "Hey, wouldn't it be funny if we had this fantasy world but it was like modern day with cell phones and cars and stuff?" phase. The story needed a lot of work, it never really gelled for me. I liked it OK but it was nowhere near what Pixar is usually capable of. It didn't even look much like a Pixar movie.

I felt Barley was a MUCH stronger, more appealing character than Ian and think they should have made him the main character.

I'm still trying to work out why that is: it might be because the bond between Ian and Barley is just so similar to the one I have with my sisters, so it really hit home emotionally

Tom Holland who comes from a big close-knit family with three brothers talked in an interview about basing some of that on his own relationships with his brothers.

Also not a dynamic movies really focus on that much as opposed to romantic ones or even buddy movies.

Still think they wanted Jack Black originally for the brother role and settled for Pratt.
I don't know, it's not as if he would have turned them down had they approached him (it's Pixar) and it's a voice role so there wouldn't have been scheduling conflicts. They probably just wanted a younger-sounding voice so they went with Pratt. That being said, though, had Onward come out 15 years ago, Jack Black would totally have been Barley.

If you didn't recognize him that's a testament to the voice actor. I barely noticed Elaine as the mom until she started screaming.

That's Pixar's M.O. Unlike other animation studios pretty much tailoring a character to suit an actor (Shark Tale for example), Pixar usually goes for the actor best suited for the character without putting their names on the marquee. The major exception of course being Toy Story since they advertised the hell out of the lead actors for the first two films especially, but that's because they were just starting out as a company and what better way to get parents to take their kids to a movie than by luring them in with one of the biggest movie stars (Hanks) and one of the biggest network TV stars (Allen) for the time.

When you look at their resume, it's kind of rare when Pixar chooses a big name star to be a main character in their movies. For every Cars movie with Owen Wilson, you have a Brave where the biggest name involved is Emma Thompson and a Wall-E where Sigourney Weaver, the most famous actress in it, plays a small role. But I like that Pixar does that as opposed to taking the Dreamworks approach where they have to have multiple big celebrities in an animated film in order to sell it to parents.

I know with Soul you have Jamie Foxx and Tina Fey but they don't even give them billing, which I'm fine with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"