Tim Burton's Frankenweenie

Haha, the design of the creepy blonde chick is awesome.

When I watched the trailer my little brother said hes seen a movie like it before (showed it at the after school program) but with real people I didnt know Burton did this before live action but either way I look forward to this.

322_sw_0050.jpg

Source

Excellent... I really hope this is a big critical and commercial hit for Burton.

But I worry about it's box office potential.

I honestly can't get excited for this anymore. Not after how disappointing Dark Shadows and how perfect ParaNorman was.

ParaNorman was so average it was shocking...

Didn't hold a candle to Coraline or even Corpse Bride.

ParaNorman was so average it was shocking...

Didn't hold a candle to Coraline or even Corpse Bride.

As a big fan of both of those films, I liked it as much as Coraline, and better then Corpse Bride. The ending is legit heart breaking.

Are kids really going to want to watch a movie in black and white? Hmm...

I nearly cried just watching the clip of Sparky coming back to life, I'm not going to survive this movie.

Looks like Disney is doing something similar to WB. Anyone attending a midnight IMAX 3D showing gets one of these.
196579_475725162462193_330756158_n.jpg

I just got back from the midnight showing (paired in a double feature with The Nightmare Before Christmas, which is AMAZING in 3D), and I have to say, I really loved it. I think it's definitely a return to form for Burton. It's not his masterpiece by any means (I believe Edward Scissorhands deserves that title), but it is a really fun, really heartfelt, and obviously very personal film for Burton, and I think it works. The animation was stunning and all the characters were great. I had a few very minor gripes here and there, but I really believe the film is strong enough for me to overlook them.
The best part, I think, was that this was definitely not an inflated version of the original short. This feels like something new entirely, while still retaining the spirit and even some lines and imagery from the original. It was really great.

Yeah, I caught it also. If you have a dog or any pet that you may have lost, it'll get you. This is the classic Burton right here. I mean the Scissorhands/Beetlejuice/Pee-Wee Burton. My favorite character is Nassor, though I know Weird Girl will be the fan favorite.

I don't even think I can pick a favorite of the kids. Each one was so perfectly unique and such a great tribute to classic horror icons that I couldn't choose. But Nassor and Weird Girl definitely made me laugh the hardest.

I'm looking forward to the movie, but I'm nervous that Sparkey will go back to being fully dead at the end. He's just too damned adorable, I don't want a sad ending for the little guy :csad:

I'm glad that this is Burton's best reviewed movie since Sweeney Todd... but I knew it wasn't going to ignite the box office and it looks like I was right.

Frankenweenie disappointed with a meager $3.27 million opening on Friday. That's less than half the opening day of director Tim Burton's last stop-motion animated movie Corpse Bride ($6.7 million), and also lower than ParaNorman's $4.6 million debut in August. In the best case scenario, Frankenweenie finishes the weekend at around $13 million, which is poor considering the active marketing effort and Burton's supposedly strong brand.

http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3540&p=.htm

Between Dark Shadows, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and now Frankenweenie... Burton has had a pretty awful year at the box office.

But hey, at least it was a critical success.

The budget was only $39M so it's fine. It's certainly not a BO dud like Dark Shadows and I don't think Disney expected much out of it, it was a thank you for Alice In Wonderland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"