Tim Burton's Frankenweenie

I love everything Burton, well there a few films I have yet to see but everything from Burton in recent years I have enjoyed immensely...I enjoyed the original Frankenweenie short!

Big_Fish_movie.jpg

[YT]t-56hQtOlA8[/YT]

Ah, just watched that trailer again. I absolutely love that movie. And look! A good Burton movie doesn't need Johnny Depp! Hell, I'd love for Ewan McGreggor to voice the kid in Frankenweenie. It'd be hella interesting, in my opinion.

there are very few exceptions like Big Fish and Sweeney Todd

Since Planet of the Apes he has directed four movies and co-directed one. Two of them were Big Fish and Sweeney Todd. So, is that an exception or simply that he got it right half the time.

According to /film, Frankenweenie is due out in March of 2012, and Burton is only listed as producer.

First casting...... and it's not Depp or HBC?! :wow:

Color me shocked.

First casting...... and it's not Depp or HBC?!

Helena Bonham Carter is indeed shocking, but Johnny Depp not so much. If Burton wanted to cast Winona Ryder then clearly Depp wasn't gonna join. Even if they don't record their vocals together they still would have been on the red carpet together and that would be incredibly awkward for everyone.

Helena Bonham Carter is indeed shocking, but Johnny Depp not so much. If Burton wanted to cast Winona Ryder then clearly Depp wasn't gonna join. Even if they don't record their vocals together they still would have been on the red carpet together and that would be incredibly awkward for everyone.

I don't think it would be that big of a deal. Its been some 20 years.

I can't wait. Love the original short, NBC and CB.

I really like the sound of a black and white stop motion animation by Burton. Might be bad, but worth checking out I hope.

the nightmare before christmas is one of my favorite movies of all time. ever since i was about 3. i hate how "emo" kids automatically love it just because hes a popular face in hot topic and spencers. i love the movie for its timeless quality! not because its "creepy" even though its an added plus. ive loved everything burton ever since, except alice in wonderland. that was such a let down!!:(

I see they changed the release date to October 2012. Not bad. This could be a fun film for Halloween.

I loved the original short & the new pictures just released look promising. I wonder what would've happened if Burton had opted to do this as a live action instead though?

I loved the original short & the new pictures just released look promising. I wonder what would've happened if Burton had opted to do this as a live action instead though?

Well since the original short movie was also live-action I don't think I would've been interested if they went with a similar route on a bigger scale. The stop-motion itself brings out part of the charm to the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"