Disney's Frozen - Part 4

Was there this big of a merchandising boom for the Disney Renaissance films (Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Lion King, etc.) as there is with Frozen? I was really young at the time, and I remember there being a lot of merchandise for The Lion King especially, but now you can't spit without hitting something with Olaf or Elsa on it.

The Simpsons.:funny:

tumblr_ng9fwyRZM41r94mgyo2_500.gif

tumblr_ng9fwyRZM41r94mgyo3_500.gif

tumblr_ng9fwyRZM41r94mgyo4_500.gif

Wouldn't Snow White be a queen, too? Her stepmother the Queen died, after all, and she was the only heir. On the other hand, she went to live with the prince in HIS kingdom, didn't she? I'll bet there was a lot of fun back in her kingdom as they tried to fill *that* power vacuum...

I wonder if 2015 will have a frozen level hit? As in a great film everyone can enjoy, very modern, great music etc?

I hope so

Well as someone who thinks Frozen is vastly overrated I certainly hope so. Frozen is not bad but most Pixar movies alone are better. Also, Frozen is a girl movie. There is next to nothing in the movie for boys. Besides maybe Olaf and thinking that Elsa and Ana are cute.

Well as someone who thinks Frozen is vastly overrated I certainly hope so. Frozen is not bad but most Pixar movies alone are better. Also, Frozen is a girl movie. There is next to nothing in the movie for boys. Besides maybe Olaf and thinking that Elsa and Ana are cute.

My nephews would very much disagree.

And that is why the marketing for Tangled became what it was. The bulk of Disney's animated movies are based on tales with female protagonists so this isn't really off the beaten path.

Uniters of the Universe. :hehe:

I love it....nothing in the movie for boys because the guys aren't talking about how hot the girls are.

I love it....nothing in the movie for boys because the guys aren't talking about how hot the girls are.

Or the fact that one of reasons the movie was such a blockbuster was because girls were seeing it in droves. But that's wrong, because movies are apparently for boys. And we don't have nearly enough of those.

(actually, a big contributor to the movie's success was that it appealed to boys too)

Also, my superhero-loving nephew, who's about to turn 7, totally dug Elsa because she had superpowers and built a whole castle during "Let It Go", which yes, he knows all of the words to as well.

Turns out there's more to appreciate than whether or not the girl is "cute". :whatever:

well, the fact that Elsa was smoking hot didn't hurt either..........:o :oldrazz:

Also, my superhero-loving nephew, who's about to turn 7, totally dug Elsa because she had superpowers and built a whole castle during "Let It Go", which yes, he knows all of the words to as well.

as do these Marines.....

[YT]ER4srD951bw[/YT]

:cwink:

The bulk of Disney's animated movies are based on tales with female protagonists so this isn't really off the beaten path.

That's not actually true. They just tend to be more popular and famous.

I would say Big Hero 6 is more of a boys movie than a girls movie.

however, I saw an equal amount of boys and girls in my audience when I saw the movie.

same with Frozen. there were plenty of boys, of all ages, seeing it. myself included.

the best pieces of animation can be enjoyed by both genders and by all ages. ;)

And that is why the marketing for Tangled became what it was. The bulk of Disney's animated movies are based on tales with female protagonists so this isn't really off the beaten path.

As Kahran Ramsus said, that's not true. And since I have too much free time on my hands (leaving out things like Fantasia for obvious reasons):
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - female led
Pinocchio - male
Dumbo - male
Bambi - male
The Three Caballeros - male
The Adventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad - male and male
Cinderella - female
Alice in Wonderland - female
Peter Pan - male
Lady and the Tramp - both
Sleeping Beauty - female
One Hundred and One Dalmatians - male
The Sword in the Stone - male
The Jungle Book - male
The Aristocats - to be honest, I don't really remember, but Eva Gabor is first listed on the wiki page so I guess it's female led
Robin Hood - male
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - male
The Rescuers - male
The Fox and the Hand - male
The Black Cauldron - male
The Great Mouse Detective - male
Oliver & Company - male
The Little Mermaid - female
The Rescuers Down Under - male
Beauty and the Beast - female
Aladdin - male
The Lion King - male
Pocahontas - female
The Hunchback of Notre Dame - male
Hercules - male
Mulan - female
Tarzan - male
Dinosaur - male
Atlantis: The Lost Empire - male
Lilo & Stitch - both
Brother Bear - male
Home on the Range - female
Chicken Little - male
Meet the Robinsons - male
Bolt - male
The Princess and the Frog - female
Tangled - female
Winnie the Pooh - male
Wreck-It Ralph - male
Frozen - female
Big Hero 6 - male

Female led: 16
Male led: 33

You were right. On both counts. :oldrazz:

This will shock you but traditional gender roles are very much over and many men enjoy frozen.

I don't really see Frozen or Big Hero 6 as a boys or girls movie. Just good animated movies! I myself love Frozen and bought it the day it came out, no regrets.

I like a good movie. I couldn't care less whether it's a girls movie or a boys or whatever label you put on it.

Am I the only one who was turned on by elsa when she was singing let it go and you see her hips swaying side to side at the end of the song?. :hubba

I like a good movie. I couldn't care less whether it's a girls movie or a boys or whatever label you put on it.

I completely obsessed over Star Wars after my folks took me to see it when I was only 3. As much as it drove them up a wall sometimes, it just occurred to me recently that not once did they ever try to tell me back then that Star Wars was "for boys". I loved it, and they let me enjoy it as much as I wanted to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"