Djimon Hounsou is The Fisherman King

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
From http://www.superherohype.com/news/4...launts-his-form-in-new-aquaman-photo#/slide/1

Entertainment Weekly has given movie fans a glimpse of the Fisherman King and the people in his kingdom from the upcoming Aquaman movie in a new photo

The photo shows the trident toting Fisherman King, played by Djimon Hounsou, while being asked for help by Patrick Wilson’s King Orm to declare war against the culprits from the surface world. Hounsou is on a roll in terms of appearances in comic book movie adaptations. He’s also playing the Wizard in DC’s upcoming Shazam! film and will appear as Korath the Pursuer in Captain Marvel (reprising his role from Guardians of the Galaxy).

“After the fall of Atlantis, some of the kingdoms evolved and some devolved,” producer Peter Safran tells EW. “This is one that evolved. This is a kingdom that’s primarily artistic and cerebral, with poets and philosophers.”

Read more at http://www.superherohype.com/news/4...form-in-new-aquaman-photo#5mzPQ6JhL3d2F1ho.99

Gosh Hounsou is the king of comic book roles! Can’t wait to see more of him

He looks utterly fantastic!

Is it motion capture or prosthetics? Also is he a good or bad guy?

Absolutely love the design.

Who will he play in The Batman?

I remember when he had bigger roles. But I guess even small roles in superhero films pay the rent.

jesus, the man is just wants roles in all the movies huh.....friggen hell, give it to him! lol

Nice... so is he a good or bad guy? I'm trying to find out as much info on this king as I can.

I don’t know to be honest. I think this is a film that’s inspired by game of thrones sort of. There’s no good guys or bad guys, there’s people with different ideologies grinding up against each other and with differering levels of ambition

I don’t know to be honest. I think this is a film that’s inspired by game of thrones sort of. There’s no good guys or bad guys, there’s people with different ideologies grinding up against each other and with differering levels of ambition

Sounds awesome.

I'm...

Pretty sure there's bad guys in Game of Thrones.
game-of-thrones-penis-thing.gif

Besides, wiping out the entire surface world is a pretty evil thing to do.

But on the note of moral complexity, you have a point. Orm very much believes what he's doing is what's right, much like Zod from Man of Steel.

He cares about helping his people, and to hell with everyone else.

I wonder if he will be a harsh king that sides with ocean master then eventually turns good?

I’m a fan of the look. Hopefully he gets good material here.

So he’s in Aquaman. The wizard in Shazam. And reprising his role as Korath in Captain Marvel.

Always the bridesmaid. Never the bride.

So he’s in Aquaman. The wizard in Shazam. And reprising his role as Korath in Captain Marvel.

So with Guardians not a bad selection of films to appear in.

Hey, he was the one who lived to tell back in Gladiator.

I like his design and I'm very happy to see various types of Atlanteans, particularly this kind of mer-people.

However, I am not a fan of the name: The Fisherman King.

Is Fisherman the name of his people; the Fishermen from Fisherland?
Is he so good at fishing he was named the Fisherman King?
Are these the only Atlanteans who fish, if so what does everyone else eat?

Why not call him The Fisher King, in reference to Arthurian Lore?

Just a small thing, but it bugs me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"