Djimon Hounsou is The Fisherman King

In the scene, Or mentions Fisherman King's name. Did anyone remember his name?

In the scene, Or mentions Fisherman King's name. Did anyone remember his name?

I looked up his name on IMDB cast list, it's King Ricou (played by Djimon Hounsou ) and his wife - Queen Rina (played by Natalia Safran) and their daughter Fisherman Princess (played by Sophia Forrest).

source

Last edited:
It was Princess Scales in merchendise which is far more badass, :)

Sophia Forrest
46192719-264333187575835-2201694647998611767-n.jpg

47583930-2213090632280431-6479178642519836977-n.jpg

47116129-956697604718506-7610987674046816423-n.jpg

wish djimon had a meatier role in AM.
i wanted to see more about the fisherman king and his realm.
that might be one of my nitpicks with the movie - they didn't really show u anything about these other kingdoms - like the brine kingdom just shows up in the battlefield.

i really liked djimon in blood diamond where he played the dad who was desperate to save his son. his part in that nearly brought me to tears!

We'll get to see more of the other kingdoms in sequels. There is so much to draw from. We can only assume WB has begun to see the light underwater, so to speak.
Yes, this would me more exciting to me than them spending too much time on the surface.

wish djimon had a meatier role in AM.
i wanted to see more about the fisherman king and his realm.
that might be one of my nitpicks with the movie - they didn't really show u anything about these other kingdoms - like the brine kingdom just shows up in the battlefield.

i really liked djimon in blood diamond where he played the dad who was desperate to save his son. his part in that nearly brought me to tears!
I would have loved to see more of the other kingdoms before they all go to battle. I guess the film was already long though. Extended edition? :funny:

Yes, this would me more exciting to me than them spending too much time on the surface.
There are many stories of aquatic alien worlds opening "portals" under-sea to attack Atlantis, I guess some aliens might have already visited them in past, which would explain some of the hi-tech stuff they have.

Edit: Something to look forward to in sequels. BTW, this reminds me of the scene in Pacific Rim where Kaijus appeared out of portals under Pacific Ocean.

There are many stories of aquatic alien worlds opening "portals" under-sea to attack Atlantis, I guess some aliens might have already visited them in past, which would explain some of the hi-tech stuff they have.

Edit: Something to look forward to in sequels. BTW, this reminds me of the scene in Pacific Rim where Kaijus appeared out of portals under Pacific Ocean.
Nice! That sounds great to me.

I demand Cthulhu for Aquaman 2, or 3!

I hope we see more from them in a sequel. It was a bit mean saying they were nothing but artists considering arts role in stopping fascism and imperialism usually

I'm watching the movie again tonight....this time with subtitles....that's why I noticed that this character's name is King Ricou. What I'm now wondering is....was this name a homage to Ricou Browning? For those that don't know....Ricou Browning is the swimmer/stuntman who played "The Creature" in the three Creature From the Black Lagoon movies, was the stunt co-ordinator for the underwater sequences in the James Bond movies THUNDERBALL and it's remake NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN and underwater sequences in Disney's 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA.

I'm watching the movie again tonight....this time with subtitles....that's why I noticed that this character's name is King Ricou. What I'm now wondering is....was this name a homage to Ricou Browning? For those that don't know....Ricou Browning is the swimmer/stuntman who played "The Creature" in the three Creature From the Black Lagoon movies, was the stunt co-ordinator for the underwater sequences in the James Bond movies THUNDERBALL and it's remake NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN and underwater sequences in Disney's 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA.
Interesting I had no idea abut all that info, that could be the case as in comics, he is just called "The Fisherman King" (as far as I can remember)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"