• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Do not call list for cell phones

Spidey-Bat

Ours is the Fury
Reaction score
My dad sent me an email about this. Telemarketers are going to start calling your cell phones. The bad part is you will be charged for these calls. To put your number on the Do Not Call list, use that phone and call this number: 1-888-382-1222

Tell you what: I'll worry about this supposed "do not call list" for cell phones once I actually start to get telemarketer calls on my cellphone.

Is there a news link? I'm not surprised though, capitalism is out of control.

My dad sent me an email about this. Telemarketers are going to start calling your cell phones. The bad part is you will be charged for these calls. To put your number on the Do Not Call list, use that phone and call this number: 1-888-382-1222

That started happening to me today. A freaking credit card company called both my sister's cell & mine. I was like WTF?!:cmad:

A couple months ago, there were a few days where I would get calls from numbers from strange area codes, too. When I called it to try to figure out who/what it was, they said something like "Thanks for calling: please hold" and I got put on hold!

I was like, "Screw this" and hung up. Haven't got any calls from them recently, but it DID annoy me, and I couldn't believe (well, I guess I could...) that I was getting calls like that on my cell phone.

This is what I am going to do the first time they call my cell.

[YT]J5z4Vs26-TI[/YT]

I read about that somewhere. It's hysterical. I've been waiting to try it for months. :D

I did this forevers ago. Way to be behind, ****e-faces.:cmad:

I get calls on my cell phone from fax machines. I pick up and its always this beeping ****. ****ing pisses me off. How do I stop that ****??

I don't understand how/why we would be charged. :huh: Except for wasting our minutes.

Yeah, that's one of the best things I've ever seen on Youtube. The guy was so good at staying 'in character.' :up:

Don't cellphones have caller ID? Just don't answer calls from numbers that you don't recognize. :confused:

Yeah cells have caller ID, where have you been?

You could also probably just call them back and ask them if they want to order something.

I know they have caller ID. My question was for those who answer calls from telemarketers. Why answer those calls and waste time on them?

I think it's just that sometimes you grab your phone without looking. And some people block their numbers, which is already suspicious. :cmad:

:woot: NYS ^^

It says right on the "do not call registry" website:

Did you get an email claiming that your cell phone is about to be assaulted by telemarketing calls because of a new cell phone number database? Those claims are not true. In fact, federal law prohibits telemarketers from using automated dialers to call cell phones. You may place your personal cell phone number on the National Do Not Call Registry, but there is generally no reason to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"