No cell phones.

I hate it when a product gets so popular/trendy that it's name transcends it's category. Like the iPod

A phone is just a phone. A Blackberry is more than a phone though and he wasn't using it as a phone.

But a Blackberry is a phone as well. Even if he was using it for a different purpose it is still also a phone. If the reason that he wasn't support to use the phone is because they didn't want people to appear like they're using a phone.

But a Blackberry is a phone as well. Even if he was using it for a different purpose it is still also a phone.
But he wasn't using it as a phone. Would they have disciplined him for using a camera?

If the reason that he wasn't support to use the phone is because they didn't want people to appear like they're using a phone.
We don't know that though.

He should have been given a warning because they failed to clarify that you cannot use a phone even if it isn't for calling/texting. Really, it's a summer camp for kids. They don't need to be Nazis.

But he wasn't using it as a phone. Would they have disciplined him for using a camera?

We don't know that though.

He should have been given a warning because they failed to clarify that you cannot use a phone even if it isn't for calling/texting. Really, it's a summer camp for kids. They don't need to be Nazis.

I agree they don't need to be Nazis about it, but to me it seems fairly obvious that the kids are encouraged not to use cellphones so they made it a rule, to prevent kids from using cellphones they decided to set a good example and not use their cellphones either.

If they made smoking against the rules I wouldn't pull out a cigarette and put it in my mouth but not actually light it and then try to use the excuse that I wasn't actually smoking I was just holding it in my mouth.

I agree they don't need to be Nazis about it, but to me it seems fairly obvious that the kids are encouraged not to use cellphones so they made it a rule, to prevent kids from using cellphones they decided to set a good example and not use their cellphones either.

If they made smoking against the rules I wouldn't pull out a cigarette and put it in my mouth but not actually light it and then try to use the excuse that I wasn't actually smoking I was just holding it in my mouth.

Again, I see your point - but the fact remains:

After the memo was sent down, I spoke, directly, to the Director and told her I use my Blackberry's camera to take pictures. She thought that was a great idea, and told me to be sure to get her the pictures.

That was one conversation about "using" my "phone," after the memo was sent.

The next day, I told her I tried to send the pictures, via email, and there was a failure notice, from their end. Further, I told her the pictures we saved on my email account and I could, easily, download them to her computer.

That was the second conversation about "using" my "phone," after the memo was sent.

Two conversation about me "using" my "phone," for the gain of the camp.

My argument is the Director should have thwarted my "phone usage" then. An array of retorts comes to mind. She could have said "listen, that's great, in all. But remember the memo about no cell phones? How about you send me the ones you've taken and use your camera or ours, from now on - to make sure you are not perceived as doing the wrong thing."

That never happened.

Further, there was no question of what I was doing. I was sat down and told "we are sending you home for using your phone." There wasn't a discussion, or a "remember the memo?" Just a flat out "peace out, playa."

In said meeting, I said " I can prove I was not using my phone for call or text, by showing you a real-time bill, at Verizon.com. I was taking pictures and can prove that as well."

My main argument is the write-up reads as if I was on my phone, per using a my phone for text or a personal call. That was not the case, and I refuse to sign a write-up saying so. If I do, then I agree to what it says, and essentially stating that I blatantly refuse to follow orders.

That camp fails. Those kids are going to turn out to be a bunch of degenerates. Then again that could have something to do with the people they hired to watch the kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"