• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do not call list for cell phones

A couple months ago, there were a few days where I would get calls from numbers from strange area codes, too. When I called it to try to figure out who/what it was, they said something like "Thanks for calling: please hold" and I got put on hold!

I was like, "Screw this" and hung up. Haven't got any calls from them recently, but it DID annoy me, and I couldn't believe (well, I guess I could...) that I was getting calls like that on my cell phone.

So just today, the calls have started back up.

It's just past noon, and my cell phone has already been called 4 times by 1-800-684-8429. I pick up and a computer says "We have an important call for you", and it jumps to some lady asking for somebody that isn't me who sounds an awful lot like a telemarketer. When I tell her it's not me, she still asks for that person...so I hang up.

If this isn't a telemarketer, who is it??

Edit: I just Yahoo'ed that number, and got a lot of links to people complaining about getting harassed by that number.

Have you been receiving debt collection phone calls and messages from 800-684-8429? If so, you are not alone. A UCAN member recently filed a complaint regarding incessant phone calls and messages she had received about someone else's debt from the number 800-684-8429. The calls appear to be made on behalf of HSBC Bank, or Orchard Bank, a banking and credit provider. Under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, debt collectors must honor any request to cease telephone communication and contact you only in writing.
Source

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"