• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Do you want a sequel?

antonydelfini

Strange Tales
Reaction score
Now that the movie's out (don't vote if you haven't seen the film), do you think the Wolverine franchise should be continued? I say yes, do the Japan movie (based on the miniseries by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller) and then the part 3 could be set after/or during the Singer/Ratner X-Men movies. I just love Wolverine and even though X-Men origins is not the Wolverine film i was hoping for (I want a grittier, more violent and more serious take- bring on Scorcese, Tarantino, or even Snyder), I just love Jackman's interpretation of the character which I think would be cool to see in an R rated movie.

i think its safe to say there will be a sequel anyway, so anyone who dont like it will have to get used to it

i dont know really if i care about a sequel really

Yeah but it's kind of hard for me to explain how I want it to go. Here's how I see it:

X-Men Origins: Wolverine
X-Men Origins: Something else
X-Men Origins: First Class
X-Men
X2
X-Men: The Last Stand

First class would obviously lead into the first Singer X-film but I'm not sure what I want between it and Wolverine. Maybe in the next Origins movie give Wolverine a part that is comparable to the size Gambit had and make the story about another mutant (Magneto?).

But if it can't be done in a way that doesn't feel phony then I think I'd be okay with X-Men Origins: Wolverine in Japan.

I feel like I've seen 3 satisfying Wolverine films already. I don't need another.

i would love a sequel with Hugh Jackman, he is great actor.

I'm kind of dried up on Wolverine interest after four films about him.

he better be very animalistic and very raw in the second one but is the japan story that interesting i don't want it to be like the last samurai or something.

he better be very animalistic and very raw in the second one but is the japan story that interesting i don't want it to be like the last samurai or something.

That's actually exactly how I imagine it will be.

If I had my way, this movie would have opened with about 80 million dollars world wide, and the week 2 dropoff would be so bad that Fox would say "Ah screw this franchise, no-one likes it anymore," which would allow Marvel to come in and get the rights back. From there, they could finally make a fourth real X-Men movie, and they could finally address things that fans have complained about for years. They could go the Incredible Hulk route and use the original trilogy as an "introduction" to the characters, while still moving in a new direction. The biggest change I would have liked to see is for Cyclops to not get a bum wrap, which I suppose there's some hope for with the First Class movie, but honestly if Wolverine is going to be the benchmark for the "new" X-men franchise's quality then there's not much hope at all.

As long as Fox has their tentacles around the X-Men franchise, I don't think I really have any interest left in it. I'll buy the trilogy on Blu-Ray and enjoy what came before, but as far as I'm concerned, until Marvel can find a way to get the rights back, I'm done with the franchise. Maybe it's time I started collecting comics...

Yes bring on more Wolvie, they are doing a great job. All the haters can wait 20 years to pet themselves to some crappy interpretation of the 1960's X-Men.

No more Wolverine. Please! There are far more interesting characters. Wolverine didn't even deliver a good story and had too many plot holes.

No, time to give Wolverine a rest, maybe even the whole X-Men universe for a few years.

I'm all Loganed out, to be honest

I would be interested to see what they do with a story in Japan. I would like to see a movie version of Omega Red, and some Explaination of Lady Deathstrike. Those are things I'd like to see with Wolverine. So I voted yes, and I gave wolverine an 8...I liked it more then X3 and X1.

We all know there's going to be a movie with Wolverine in Japan so why even discuss it? In a year and a half we'll hear about someone who wants to direct it. Then 4 to 6 months later we'll hear about who'd been asked to star in it and who denied/accepted a role. Then a couple of months later we'll hear that production and underway with a small synopsis. I know people don't believe things until it's been confirmed but let's take a look back at movie history and learn from it. A movie that does as well or better than expected will get a sequel regardless of whatever we think. The real question is, what is the storyline, characters and actors who will star in it?

There is so much ground yet to be covered with Wolverine, to stop here would be REALLY dumb.

We all know there's going to be a movie with Wolverine in Japan so why even discuss it? In a year and a half we'll hear about someone who wants to direct it. Then 4 to 6 months later we'll hear about who'd been asked to star in it and who denied/accepted a role. Then a couple of months later we'll hear that production and underway with a small synopsis. I know people don't believe things until it's been confirmed but let's take a look back at movie history and learn from it. A movie that does as well or better than expected will get a sequel regardless of whatever we think. The real question is, what is the storyline, characters and actors who will star in it?

It will be Jackman without a doubt. I mean first of all he LOVES the character, and second he just tied Chris Reves for number of consecutive films for one superhero character, why wouldn't he want to break it?

I'd like at least one more wolverine movie, with some omega red action. But I really could go either way with the director if he comes back fine but wouldn't mind someone else giving it a try even Jackman himself.

I don't think the director was the problem with wolverine. I like Hood. I think fox needs to control themselves and I think they need a really good script.

And Jackman would be the only reason they would be going to Japan, because he wants that. So he will produce and he will be the cliche walking Wolverine one more time.

I would love to see Patch (Logan) vs the Silver Samarai in Madripoor with a cameo from Sunfire. But I can't see the X-Men team being done again after X3 so there has to be only stand alone X-films and prequels (i.e Wolverine 2, First Class, Deadpool, Gambit etc). Because of X3 there may be a need for a total reboot if we are to see the modern team again.

There most likely will be a sequel, but im on the fence about wanting another.
1) Im sick of Wolverine this, Wolverine that. All X-Men films were basically his films and he had a prequel. So in that case, I dont want one, BUT
2)There are alot of good stories out there that I would like to see done with Wolverine.

I feel like I've seen 3 satisfying Wolverine films already. I don't need another.

Seriously. There are characters that can be the lead in an X-film that arent Logan. It'd be nice if Fox could figure that out.

First Class, please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"