• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Do you want DC Comics to begin using Silver Age elements again??

boywonder13

Sidekick
Reaction score
I have been hearing rumors that DC will start to use Silver Age elements again outside of the All Star Lines.

From Wikipedia:

During the Silver Age, the character make-up of superheroes evolved. Writers injected science fiction concepts into the origins and adventures of superheroes. More importantly, superheroes became more human and troubled, and since the Silver Age, character development and personal conflict have been almost as important to a superhero's mythos as super powers and epic adventures.

What do you think???

It doesn't matter what we want! DC is going to do it anyway.

They're already using Silver Age elements again. :confused: Krypto, Kara Zor-El, a bunch of Silver Age elements combined with Morrison's Doom Patrol, Hal Jordan's old jerk-off personality, the upcoming reintroduction of the Red Tornado and Hal Jordan to JLA membership, etc. The elements have been flooding back into the DC universe throughout the Crisis. That seems to be what the ultimate goal of Superboy Prime's punches was, in fact: a quick, easy means for DC's writers to resurrect everything they loved about the Silver Age.

Streaky the Super Cat.
Please. :(
streaky.jpg

As long as Batman and Robins relationship is father and son. I'm okay with that(and anyone else seeing how robin has got like every chick his age ready to screw him?)

In some instances. Such as restoring Wonder Woman and Troia back to their Silver Age status quos. But I do admit that DC is taking it a little too far.

Overall? No. Some stuff is okay, but overall, its freakin Superfriends all over again. I cant wait for the writers to roll along who grew up with JLU. Good times will certainly be ahead then.

jaydawg said:
Overall? No. Some stuff is okay, but overall, its freakin Superfriends all over again. I cant wait for the writers to roll along who grew up with JLU. Good times will certainly be ahead then.

Like me :)

Before I even read comics I was groomed by the super hero movies Batman, SUperman: The MOvie, Superman TAS, Batman TAS, x-men tas, spidey TAS Batman Beyond, JL, JLU

I hope to be a comic book writer after I graduate and do some school....remember the name Toni Harrison....:) :up:

I will if you bring back the hardass John Stewart into the JLA and kill off Hal Jordan.

storyteller said:
As long as Batman and Robins relationship is father and son. I'm okay with that(and anyone else seeing how robin has got like every chick his age ready to screw him?)
Batman and Nightwing's relationship was father and son. Batman and Tim's relationship had evolved into something else, which I was much happier with. Robin's getting shafted left and right now with this whole Silver Age resurrection agenda. :o

No one got shafted worse than Batgirl. League of Assassins my ass.

Robin the comic is now better avoided altogether, as the character is more prolific and sympathetic in Batman's titles.

To paraphrase Socrates (hahah! I'm such a pretensious prick. You must hate me), this question is a question of definitions. If we take the silver age to mean something approximating to "heroes who are heroes", then I approve of it. But I do not want to see Superman becoming a dog or Batman fighting a dinosaur.

I must admit that, given the current character-trajectories of the principle dramatis personae, I am very much looking forward to seing Bruce-Clark-Diana and the rest re united.

There are elements of Silver Age comics I would love to see come back. Most importantly, stories with plots, less padding, and less emo soap opera Trade Paperback Collection pretentious bull****.

But it's a lot easier to splatter a bunch of blood and guts than to actually come up with a plot or actually include science in stories. ****ing hacks.

regwec said:
But I do not want to see Superman becoming a dog or Batman fighting a dinosaur.

I bet Morrison could write that and make it work :D:up:

Well, some of the stuff was silly. I don't like the stuff that makes me roll my eyes, or feel embarassed to be reading a comic book.

Anyone fighting a dinosaur could work. It's a f***ing dinosaur.

jaydawg said:

I honestly prefer a modified version of the Superfriends line-up for the Justice League. They are DC's biggest characters. And together would probally form one of the most powerful teams in all of comics. It gives off a feel of elitism. A team that not just any person can join like Booster Gold, Supergirl, the Question, etc. The best of the best.

Any JLA that doesn't have room for people like Plastic Man, Zauriel or Faith is a JLA that we don't need.

Ben Urich said:
The ****??
Question is ****ing awesome.

Yes he is awesome, but it would be stupid to have him on the JLA

The Leaguer said:
Any JLA that doesn't have room for people like Plastic Man, Zauriel or Faith is a JLA that we don't need.

**** Zauriel. **** Plastic Man. **** Faith. And while I'm at it **** Kyle Rayner and **** Batgirl too. **** 'em all :mad:

You know what was completely absent from that post? Verbs. And what's with all those asterisks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"