• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sequels Do you want the Fourth Spider-Man movie to be a Sequel or a Reboot?

boywonder13

Sidekick
Reaction score
So what do you want....? A Sequel to the Raimi Spider-Man movies or a reboot of the whole franchise., possibly closer to the comics???

What do you want?? :spidey: :up:

I haven't made my decision I like Raimi's Spider-Man movies but 3 movies is enough for me of the same thing.

I don't want the movies to detiorate in quality becuase cast memebers might not be able to come back and Raimi might not direct.

I wouldn't mind a new Spider-Man Saga coming to the cinemas in 2010 or 11 or some time after.

But I would love for the current movies to continue because there are so many villains and story lines that could be added to make this a huge Spider-Man saga of movies.

I don't know.

I say sequel. It doesn't need a reboot.

Majik1387 said:
I say sequel. It doesn't need a reboot.

I would love a sequel 2 but not if the quality of the movies g down.

Comic Book Movie fan now how fast "Good milk can get sour" in a franchise.

But the chances of having the cast back isnt that high though it wont be a problem they will justneed tobey and dunst cuz alot of charracters are knocked of in Spider-Man 3.

I think it's way to early to reboot it. Plus, at the moment it doesn't need a rebooting.

boywonder13 said:
But the chances of having the cast back isnt that high though it wont be a problem they will justneed tobey and dunst cuz alot of charracters are knocked of in Spider-Man 3.
Cliff Robertson(Uncle Ben), Rosemary Harris(Aunt May), The guy who plays Connors(Dylan Baker, right?), JJJ and JJ, I haven't seen any of these actors in recent films, so it won't be hard to bring them back. Sony can afford to throw some cash at Tobey, Kirsten, and Raimi.

TheFlyinRussian said:
Cliff Robertson(Uncle Ben), Rosemary Harris(Aunt May), The guy who plays Connors(Dylan Baker, right?), JJJ and JJ, I haven't seen any of these actors in recent films, so it won't be hard to bring them back. Sony can afford to throw some cash at Tobey, Kirsten, and Raimi.

Thats a good point.

It's unanimous. The poll's 11-0 in favour of sequel. If they absolutely HAD to re-cast then **** the sequel, just reboot.

What do we mean by reboot? While I'd be perfectly fine with a different direction and cast for Spider-Man, we really don't need to see the origin, or anything like that again...or at least, any time soon.

We don't need a reboot because the franchise is going great. A sequel. If Raimi returns then the same cast should return aswell. But if we get a new director then I'm also for a new cast.

A sequel. You don't reboot something as successful as Spider-Man. I think everyone will return for the 4th movie except for Dunst, which is a good thing imo.

Reboot.

By the time Spider-man 4 is released Toby Maguire will be 34 years old. And we've seen Sam Raimi's version of Spider-man. It's time to see what someone else has to offer.

blind_fury said:
Reboot.

By the time Spider-man 4 is released Toby Maguire will be 34 years old. And we've seen Sam Raimi's version of Spider-man. It's time to see what someone else has to offer.

Preach it Blind Fury........!!!:) :up: :spidey:

blind_fury said:
Reboot.

But will anybody's version really be that different that we'll need to see the origin story done all over again?

I swear, ever since Batman Begins, people seem to just want to reboot everything. The Spider-Man movies have been very succesful, and although there were minor changes, there weren't enough to warrant completely redoing it. Another Spider-Man origin film would be boring as hell (whereas with Batman, we never got an origin).

Let's have a sequel. Let's move forward with these movies, not backwards. And if they cant do a sequel, then just... stop.

Katsuro said:
But will anybody's version really be that different that we'll need to see the origin story done all over again?

I swear, ever since Batman Begins, people seem to just want to reboot everything. The Spider-Man movies have been very succesful, and although there were minor changes, there weren't enough to warrant completely redoing it. Another Spider-Man origin film would be boring as hell (whereas with Batman, we never got an origin).

Let's have a sequel. Let's move forward with these movies, not backwards. And if they cant do a sequel, then just... stop.

Reboot's dont have to be sequels they could have made Superman Lives or something and it would be a reboot though it has nothing to do with its oriign.

New Universe is part of a reboot. The first film doesnt have to focus on origin maybe in 10 15 minutes.

It makes it so what happened in the past films,didnt happen giving the filmmakes more freedom.....

By reboot we mean rebooting the universe of the psidey movies, not just an origin film....

No need for a reboot. Spider-Man is going pretty good. I think they could probably make two more movies before having to find another Spider-Man. If not, they could always cryogenically freeze Tobey.

blind_fury said:
Reboot.

Tobey's not aging bad. Just put some make-up on him and he could still look like he's in his 20's for the 5th. Sam Raimi's version of Spider-Man is the best version we could've hoped for. No other director would have done as good a job Raimi has done. Anyone else wouldn't have focused enough on Peter Parker, they would just had tons of flash with no substance. Yeah we've seen Raimi's version, and since it's spectacular, let's continue seeing it.

There will probably be a reboot eventually, but for now lets get to Spider-Man 6, and then 20 years after that, reboot it....maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"