Doctor Who - The Regeneration Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didn't the doctor just put everyone in the tardis and evacuate them to a safe area? Why did he blow up their town, that was a pretty convenient way of editing to make you think of all the peoples who's homes got destroyed when the doctor regenerated.

Except this time he was receiving a signal from Gallifrey. Are you really arguing he would have ignored that?

He sat around for 300 years ignoring it.

And they were doing a bang-up job keeping aliens off the planet.

At the start of the story. He didn't know that.

Isn't this something 12 is going to handle? I don't see how Manic can answer that question not having seasons 8 and on yet.

I was continuing a discussion.I wasn't asking for definitive answers. what is your problem?

Did you not notice the Daleks waiting for them on the other side?

I certainly noticed, but there was no way for the Time Lords to see through the crack. They were ready to jump over the second the Doctor said his name--they had no idea there was an army of people waiting to destroy them on the other side.

So, nice snarky answer. But a real answer would be great.

I really enjoyed Smith's run. The main problem was always with the writing. Smith's Doctor got into dramatic situations (like protecting Christmas Island for 300 years) but the end result never seemed to linger. Next episode, all is forgotten about.

Tennant's Doctor worked so well because every bad situation stuck with him. I loved when 10 talked about the regeneration process and how he hates it when someone else walks away in his shoes, or in his last episode he goes crazy and says ''I could've been so much more''.

Moffets arcs became confusing, and by the time we got an answer, I just didn't care anymore.

I have a feeling the new Doctor will be more child-like with moments of sheer intensity. Going from 0-100.

He sat around for 300 years ignoring it.

:huh:

They were asking for an all-clear, the situation wasn't clear. A huge part of why he defends the town is because its a life-line to the Time Lords. You say why didn't he just wait for another signal, but all another signal would have done is recreate the exact same situation on some other planet.

At the start of the story. He didn't know that.

Yes he did, when she tells him they are blockading the planet he outright says that it will be broken.

I was continuing a discussion.I wasn't asking for definitive answers. what is your problem?

Apologies, but it sounded like you were asking for a definitive answer which obviously he can't possibly provide. If that wasn't the case then I was in the wrong.

I certainly noticed, but there was no way for the Time Lords to see through the crack. They were ready to jump over the second the Doctor said his name--they had no idea there was an army of people waiting to destroy them on the other side.

Firstly,

they were asking for his name because they were in fact afraid there was an army of people waiting for them on the other side - it was something they knew was a very real probability.

Secondly, they clearly had at least a degree of influence through the crack - they were able to project the truth field and heard Clara as well, not to mention they could pass through whenever they wanted (but were afraid too).

Rewatched Time Of The Doctor for the third time and I still think it was a great episode and beautiful send off for Matt Smith. My biggest gripe was the passage of time. I really think the episode should have been longer.

Another 20-30 mins would have let us see some of the battles play out which would have been great. The montages were really my primary issue with the ep.

Yeah, I was not too high on the narration during the battles.

Firstly,

they were asking for his name because they were in fact afraid there was an army of people waiting for them on the other side - it was something they knew was a very real probability.

Secondly, they clearly had at least a degree of influence through the crack - they were able to project the truth field and heard Clara as well, not to mention they could pass through whenever they wanted (but were afraid too).

That makes more sense, thanks.

I still think just shoving regenerations at the Doctor through the crack and then disappearing was pretty lazy writing, though.

I want to see Clara's crack in the next series.

I want to see Clara's crack in the next series.

tumblr_mydqwakRYF1r2xpibo4_500.gif

I love Clara's expression! She has a huge WTF on her face. :hehe:

I'd put a...

No, don't tempt me.

Those chocolate locks tho. :woot::hrt:

It's going to be fun seeing her and Capaldi interacting with each other come Series 8.

I'm happy that Clara gets to stick around, it's always fun to see a companion's reaction to a new face.

I think that is probably the best reaction to a regeneration. She looks scared out of her mind.

Out of all the reactions to Regenerations, I think Clara had the best one. And Capaldi had the best first lines too :funny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"