• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does anyone here want a Live Action Teen Titans film?

The Wolfman/Pérez run is such a goldmine, that I still can't believe WB-DC didn't try to tap this one years ago!

Raven. Trigon. Terra. Deathstroke. Brother Blood. Starfire's wedding. There's so much there!

The Titans and the Omega Men. Why have these not books not been turned into films? Look how well the Guardians did. The Omega Men would be dyn-o-mite!

And...yes, just call the film Titans.

Cyborg and Flash create the Titans as a Justice League "Plan B" off-shoot.

The new Robin (20 year old Damien Wayne), Batman's estranged son with Talia Al-Ghul, leads them.

The rest writes itself.

I know people would love the TV show line up but that won't happen unless Cyborg is leader. If Cyborg was ever demoted from JLer to Titan in the DCEU that could potentially destroy any respect the general audience might have for him. He could potentially scrape by being mentor but Flash looks younger than him so I don't know how they'll make it work.

But then I don't think the animated movie team is very good either. Firstly they would change Robin from Damian to Tim, it's the logical choice. Also the use of Blue Beetle would contradict with the Booster/Blue movie supposedly being done. I could easily see them use the new 52 line up. Tim, Bunker, Beast Boy, Raven and to mix it up I would put in Terra. I mean I would love Blue Beetle to be in but it wouldn't make sense with the Ted Kord version coming to the big screen.

I thought it was rumored that Jaime was Blue Beetle in the Booster Gold movie? He's the one that's more popular anyway. But if Ted is in it they can easily kill him off and use Jaime or go the rebirth route with Ted as his mentor. Jaime Reyes is the Blue Beetle DC is using in outside media appearances (videogames and animation) so its makes a lot more sense for him to be the DCEU Blue Beetle.

As for Damien, I can easily see them skipping Tim in favor of introducing Batman's son.

Only time will tell though what route they go in.

Good pick, though I think they'll cast older actors, around Ray Fisher's age.

Just call the movie "Titans".

Yeah those actors I listed are all on the young side. I had some actors in mind for older versions though. The lineup of characters is very hard to predict honestly

I don't know if they should use Blue Beetle in this. He's going to be in the Booster Gold/Blue Beetle movie. I think if those guys are gonna be on a team, it should be the Justice League. I would rather they not split up on two different teams

I sort of think a CW tv show might be a better way to capture the appeal of the Teen Titans, where they can build long relationships, romances, etc, and interest audiences with characters they've introduced in other shows. Plus, with Superman now on tv, maybe they'd be willing to create a second Teen Titans version of Cyborg for TV as well (though I don't really think Vic is an essential character).

I sort of think a CW tv show might be a better way to capture the appeal of the Teen Titans, where they can build long relationships, romances, etc, and interest audiences with characters they've introduced in other shows. Plus, with Superman now on tv, maybe they'd be willing to create a second Teen Titans version of Cyborg for TV as well (though I don't really think Vic is an essential character).

I know they were trying to get a Teen Titans show made for TNT and Word had it that Robin would become Nightwing and Babs Gordon would be a part of the team as well with Raven, Starfire, Hawk and Dove as the main team.Not sure how that would turn out but I wouldn't be surprised if we got a CW Teen titans show.

I don't know if they should use Blue Beetle in this. He's going to be in the Booster Gold/Blue Beetle movie. I think if those guys are gonna be on a team, it should be the Justice League. I would rather they not split up on two different teams

As of right now do we even know if that movie is still a thing?

I'd just rather have Blue Beetle and Booster Gold on the Justice League than Blue on the Titans

I wonder if there will be any attention given to the Nightwing/Deathstroke conflict in the Batman movie...

I always saw Deathstroke as Nightwing's nemesis

Here's a pitch: Cyborg, as a member of the Justice League, follows up on Batman's mobilization idea against major threats by teaming up with Nightwing against a growing cult headed by Brother Blood. Blood is a legacy mantle, and that's up front in the story, so it's more the force of the cult as the antagonist than anything else. Since Blood targets teens and impressionable people, Cyborg frees Beast Boy and Starfire from his clutches (Blood's trying to brainwash a captured Gar and Kori) while Nightwing finds Raven (who Blood has been portraying as a monster to his people and hunting down).

Best one, imho, so far. Simple, elegant, great for an origin and pulls together the existing DCEU well.

Deathstroke and Terra would work best for the sequel, assuming D-stroke hasn't already been done away with in the Batman franchise. Terra betraying the team doesn't have the same punch when the team has *just* gotten together. It's always best, IMHO to save the best antagonist for the sequel so that it doesn't get bogged down by the origin story.

Raven and Trigon in a threequel, but Trigon is such that he can have any kind/number of vassals. Blackfire included.

Yes, i do, so much, i love the Teen Titans, i want to see my boy Beast Boy and best girl Raven on the big screen, just the fact that Slade is gonna show up in Batman's solo just gives me more hope that we'll eventually get a Titans movie.

Okay so people are thinking
Movie 1: Brother Blood and HIVE
Movie 2: Deathstroke and Terra
Movie 3: Trigon

I can get behind that.

A Judas Contract movie has so much ****ing potential, it's unreal. I hope this animated Judas Contract movie delivers.

Okay so people are thinking
Movie 1: Brother Blood and HIVE
Movie 2: Deathstroke and Terra
Movie 3: Trigon

I can get behind that.

A Judas Contract movie has so much ****ing potential, it's unreal. I hope this animated Judas Contract movie delivers.
Idea on how to do a Judas Contract movie without just following the same pattern as its original counterpart; have Terra introduced to the audience as a mole for Deathstroke from the word go, and have the team's influence on her take her from straight up immoral mercenary to conflicted deuteragonist torn over what she should do. As much as making her a pure evil sociopath with an unstable mind worked for the original run, it'd be more focused to have her bond with a few team members, find out that being good feels good... And then still turn on them because she convinced herself that's the right move, and that causes her breakdown.

In fact, here's even more extrapolation based on that; she does her best to intentionally seduce Beast Boy, goes all out to allay Nightwing's suspicions, but ends up befriending Raven accidentally, and Raven's empathy lets her learn the truth first, setting up a bitter confrontation between the two powerhouses and upping the tragedy. Oh, and maybe Rose is helping her dad with this plan, and his apathetic betrayal of Terra later on (in a move that makes coldly logical sense but is still heartless) pushes her into Nightwing's camp. And Deathstroke's doing all this because Lex Luthor/Libra/The Light/Legion of Doom wants to neutralize Justice League off-shoots before they spread.

Would LOVE to see a Young Justice movie!

You could do something like Impulse goes back in time to recruit Robin to help stop some form of future apocalyptic event that involves a clone of Superman, and in the process they find the Superboy clone

I diasgree, I think it would work, simply by the fact that Suicide Squad worked. And Teen Titans has more going for it that Suicide Squad. I think more people have heard of the Teen Titans. They have a pretty loyal following from the comic books and the TV shows of course, people know the characters, they are fun, young, and you can do a lot of different things with them versus what you can with the Justice League. This is the kind of stuff DC needs right now: different energy. Instead of re-shooting scenes in Suicide Squad in order to make the movie more "light-hearted", something other than what David Ayer designed it to be, why not just work with material that is already lighter and lends to more comedic elements? It just makes more sense to me.

And like I said, Teen Titans fits the demographic and is already popular. Teen Titans Go is probably one of the more popular shows on right now. Kids love it. If a Teen Titans trailer came out during the show, those same kids would drag their parents to the theaters themselves to see it. I think a Teen Titans trilogy should be a no-brainer. It'd probably do no worse than Suicide Squad and you wouldn't need all the big name actors either.

Absolutely *none* of which have anything to do with the core problem: there's no space in the story of the DCEU for the Teen Titans. You've described all the many reasons why it'd be nice to make a Teen Titans movie. You haven't solved any of the problems that make said movie infeasible.

I don't quite understand your objections; are you arguing they're superfluous, or that there's simply no space in the DCEU world for them?

Because honestly, I can see issues with trying to form the original Fab Five lineup, since as you've noted, Nightwing would have to be a veteran and the other League sidekicks would be children in comparison. But if we're talking about the old cartoon lineup, it can't be that hard to come up with a reason for their existance and alliance; Suicide Squad managed to paint a world very capable of having someone line Beast Boy or Raven, and it's not like an alien like Starfire can't be in Earth as well in the face of an Apokiliptikan onslaught.

I don't quite understand your objections; are you arguing they're superfluous, or that there's simply no space in the DCEU world for them?

The latter.

Because honestly, I can see issues with trying to form the original Fab Five lineup, since as you've noted, Nightwing would have to be a veteran and the other League sidekicks would be children in comparison. But if we're talking about the old cartoon lineup, it can't be that hard to come up with a reason for their existance and alliance; Suicide Squad managed to paint a world very capable of having someone line Beast Boy or Raven, and it's not like an alien like Starfire can't be in Earth as well in the face of an Apokiliptikan onslaught.

The problem is less about whether the world supports the ability of individual members to exist ( as you point out, it does ). Its that the story of that world doesn't have room for their existence to have meaning. Core to the premise of the Teen Titans is that they are young, new heroes, a new generation following the old. Even if you go with a roster that's not literal sidekicks, this just doesn't work when they are outright contemporaries of the Justice League. As things stand, the Teen Titans would have almost the same level of experience at being a hero team as the Justice League, and that just doesn't work.

Combine that with the Cyborg problem ( one of their core members having been preemptively yanked ), and the oddity of Dick Grayson recruiting them all when Batman just recruited the JLA himself, and you have a frankenstein's monster composed of Teen Titan parts somewhat shambling along.

Basically? For Teen Titans to work, it really needs to happen a goodly number of years after the founding of the Justice League.

Titans would fit perfectly in with the DCEU, we just have to wait for the League to be established

This is a simple fact

Nothing about the DCEU will prevent the Titans from existing

I keep saying it, but if I were a betting man, I'd wager that we'll get a Titans movie in the next five years.

Robin/Nightwing, Raven and Deathstroke will be locks

The latter.

The problem is less about whether the world supports the ability of individual members to exist ( as you point out, it does ). Its that the story of that world doesn't have room for their existence to have meaning. Core to the premise of the Teen Titans is that they are young, new heroes, a new generation following the old. Even if you go with a roster that's not literal sidekicks, this just doesn't work when they are outright contemporaries of the Justice League. As things stand, the Teen Titans would have almost the same level of experience at being a hero team as the Justice League, and that just doesn't work.

Combine that with the Cyborg problem ( one of their core members having been preemptively yanked ), and the oddity of Dick Grayson recruiting them all when Batman just recruited the JLA himself, and you have a frankenstein's monster composed of Teen Titan parts somewhat shambling along.

Basically? For Teen Titans to work, it really needs to happen a goodly number of years after the founding of the Justice League.
Maybe my perspective is skewed from being both more of a fan of G4 characters like the Young Justice roster and having been exposed mostly to the cartoon version of the New Teen Titans roster, but I don't value the experience gap between these characters and the Justice League as much as you do. Plus, I feel like the Titans are the quickly accepted young heroes; generational clashes are always more of a Young Justice thing. And o kind of feel the public's awareness of the property justifies their existance as much as anything else; Cyborg is still regarded largely as a Titans character even among mainstream folks, so go ahead and give the people what they want.

The NTT kids existed pretty well in a seemingly League-less world in their cartoon, easily the most mainstream variation of the team. Their youth was still a massive factor in their portrayal, don't get me wrong, but they didn't need any senior team to exist above them for the sake of the show. Plus, Batman, Wonder Woman, and possibly Aquaman all seem to be veteran heroes to whom the contrast you desire would be evident. I do kind of agree with the idea that having Cyborg and Nightwing likely being "upgraded" may impact the team's chemistry with the overall world, but not to a debilitating degree.

Plus, I've never been a major fan of the idea that a comic character needs a purpose; it certainly helps but sometimes I want to read a Tim Drake story because it's Tim Drake, even if he 's no longer Robin, can't be Nightwing or Red Hood. And I kind of think the team could serve a similar purpose to Nightwing's; to show how the next generation of heroes, even if they're only a bit younger than some Leaguers, have a better relationship and foundation to stand on a s the next defenders for he Earth. Snyder's Justice Legaue seems to have formal and professional feel to it; have you ever heard of a Titans team where the author didn't even try to make them the club of friends?

To me, we resolve your issue by emphasizing their comparatively young ages in comparison to the League, make their team chemistry radically different and warmer, and go ahead and make them the teens to the Justice League's adults. And then you keep expanding they number of heroes; I want to at least see Wally on the big screen before I die, and I'd love to see Tim, Jason, And Damian.

Last edited:
i heard that tnt was going to make an live action teen titans tv series!! but they backed out!! i also recommend checking out the latest justice league vs teen titans Animated movie!!
justice leauge vs teen taitans movie trialer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFjg3oNxaJ4

Titans would fit perfectly in with the DCEU, we just have to wait for the League to be established

This is a simple fact

Nothing about the DCEU will prevent the Titans from existing

I keep saying it, but if I were a betting man, I'd wager that we'll get a Titans movie in the next five years.

Robin/Nightwing, Raven and Deathstroke will be locks

Five years? It could even be less. Its WB, they are not waiting for anyone. People underestimate how well known the Titans are to the general audience. 2 hit shows, 2 different generations. I think a Teen Titans film can make more money than the Flash and Aquaman films, domestic anyways.

As long as it comes after a JL film and the kids look up to them. They don't have to be experienced. Cyborg can easily be replaced by Blue Beetle (Jaime) or Aqualad (Kaldur'ahm).

Yeah honestly I don't see why everyone is underselling the Titans on the Hype. I'm guessing it's because a lot of people here are on the older side. I'm an American guy in my early 20s, and pretty much everyone my age knows who the Titans are and grew up watching the 2003 animated series. They're incredibly well known and popular for my generation. After the 2003 series, there was Young Justice and Teen Titans Go, introducing even more young people to the team.

Wb would be stupid not to make a movie out of this, it would be a huge success, and it would be really hard to mess it up. The source material is already so strong, and there have been really high quality animated adaptations already that need very little changes to be appropriate for live action.

Teen Titans 2003 and Young Justice were really high quality shows. I've read the Judas Contract, and I honestly prefer the modernized animated adaptation in the 2003 show. I really enjoyed the way they handled Trigon, the HIVE and Brother Blood as well.

My favorite portrayal of Brother Blood would definitely be Geoff Johns portrayal in the 2003 comic series though. So creepy

I'm guessing that it may be a while before we get Wally. Seeing as Ezra is so young and he basically seems like he acts like Wally already. So maybe we could count him out.

When it comes to Robin, I don't know. I want Dick Grayson to found the team but I don't know how I feel about Nightwing being on the team instead of Robin. Something would just feel wrong. I know that Dick became Nightwing when he was in the Titans, but I want him to start off as Robin. But that can't happen, because Dick is already Nightwing in the DCEU, because Jason is already dead.

So maybe they will go with Damian? Just like the animated movie. I think we honestly should pay close attention to the animated movie lineup.

Think about it, we're getting a Justice League Dark animated movie to test the waters for a live action movie, and we got the Suicide Squad movie to test the waters for the live action movie. The Titans animated movie series could be doing the same thing.

I personally really loved the animated movie lineup. I can see them using Damian over Tim. I love Tim. Tim was always my favorite Robin. I grew up with him as my Robin. From The New Batman Adventures, to his own comic series, to being my favorite character in Johns' incredible 2003 Titans series... But let's face it. Tim has the least interesting backstory of all the Robins. Dick and Jason are already guarantees in the DCEU. And I see them skipping Tim in favor of Damian, because Damian simply has the better backstory. There's a lot you can do there. Damian is the perfect venue to introduce the DCEU's Ra's and Talia without telling a similar story to TDKT Ra's and Talia. And as a guy who grew up loving Tim, I wouldn't even be mad. I've come to love Damian.

I think our lineup could very well be the animated movie lineup.

Also! I bet we get Kaldur in Aquaman. I hope that there is a theme of fatherhood throughout the Aquaman movies. Kaldur could turn on his father, leading to Black Manta's obsession with taking Arthur Jr away from Aquaman. It could be very heavy stuff. Aqualad was easily one of my favorite characters in Young Justice, I'd be happy to see him join the team.

Superboy is almost a lock for the Supergirl TV show, we'll see if they introduce him in the DCEU any time soon. He'll definitely be introduced after Supergirl, so I see him being brought in fairly late in the game. He's another great character, but there's a lot of story they need to tackle in the Superman universe before they get to Superboy.

The team possibilities are really exciting. Who knows who they will choose!

Yup. DC has no shortage of Young/teenage heroes. Teen Titans fans may never forgive WB if Raven, Beast boy or Star Fire are not in the line up. If those 3 are in, TT fans will turn up.

Green Lantern and Manhunter are not in JL. Pym and Wasp were not in the first Avengers and Iceman and Beast were not in the first x film. Fans will get over Cyborg missing in a TT film. Cyborg fans can at least see him on film next year.

I think Raven is a guarantee. And to a lesser degree, Starfire and Beast Boy are too.

My money's on the team being Robin, Raven, Starfire, Beast Boy and then a wild card. Maybe Blue Beetle, or Aqualad, or Kid Flash or even Cyborg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"