Does anyone here want a Live Action Teen Titans film?

sweetre15

Positive Page
Reaction score
I've been mulling over ideas for a live action Teen Titans film for a while and trying to get my hands on the Wolfman/Perez run on the comics as research material so I can write a script of my own. So, in light of that, so I'm wondering....

1. What would you guys want the storyline for a potential Teen titans movie to be?

2. Which line up would you guys use for the movie?

3. Who would you guys cast for the roles of the Titans as well as the villain?

Nightwing, Starfire, Raven, Blue Beetle and Beast Boy. Cameo from Cyborg since he's a League member. I'd try and stay away from sidekicks like Wonder Girl, Red Arrow, Aqualad and Kid Flash because I don't want the Titans to be the mini JL.

Nightwing, Starfire, Raven, Blue Beetle and Beast Boy. Cameo from Cyborg since he's a League member. I'd try and stay away from sidekicks like Wonder Girl, Red Arrow, Aqualad and Kid Flash because I don't want the Titans to be the mini JL.

Now who would you cast in those roles and who would be the main villain?

I hope the Cyborg movie is a Titans movie

Nightwing
Cyborg
Raven
Starfire
Beast Boy
Terra

There's your team for the first movie. Deathstroke as the villain

Not really, since there's a lack of niche for them to fill. The Justice League themselves haven't even formed, so there's no room for a "young, new superteam of beginners and sidekicks". Doubly so since Dick Grayson would be a long time veteran by now, assuming he exists/is still alive. It just doesn't really work out.

Yes, I think DC has dropped the ball on this for years.

Raven
Robin/Nightwing
Starfire
Beast Boy
Aqualad
Speedy

I think Trigon as a villain would work in a long story like a trilogy, maybe set it up starting off with Brother Blood and the Church of Blood and then going from there. Terra can turn traitor somewhere along the way.

Not really, since there's a lack of niche for them to fill. The Justice League themselves haven't even formed, so there's no room for a "young, new superteam of beginners and sidekicks". Doubly so since Dick Grayson would be a long time veteran by now, assuming he exists/is still alive. It just doesn't really work out.

I diasgree, I think it would work, simply by the fact that Suicide Squad worked. And Teen Titans has more going for it that Suicide Squad. I think more people have heard of the Teen Titans. They have a pretty loyal following from the comic books and the TV shows of course, people know the characters, they are fun, young, and you can do a lot of different things with them versus what you can with the Justice League. This is the kind of stuff DC needs right now: different energy. Instead of re-shooting scenes in Suicide Squad in order to make the movie more "light-hearted", something other than what David Ayer designed it to be, why not just work with material that is already lighter and lends to more comedic elements? It just makes more sense to me.

And like I said, Teen Titans fits the demographic and is already popular. Teen Titans Go is probably one of the more popular shows on right now. Kids love it. If a Teen Titans trailer came out during the show, those same kids would drag their parents to the theaters themselves to see it. I think a Teen Titans trilogy should be a no-brainer. It'd probably do no worse than Suicide Squad and you wouldn't need all the big name actors either.

Teen Titans have a lot of potential. Great movies could be made, based on their characters and stories, especially from the Wolfman/Perez era. I would not trust WB/DC to do a good job with them or come close to reaching their full potential though.

Now who would you cast in those roles and who would be the main villain?

I have some actors in mind but it depends on the age DC wants the Titans to be.

Isabelle Fuhrman- Raven
Xolo Mariduena- Blue Beetle
Katherine McNamara- Starfire
Ryan Potter- Robin (Tim or Damien)
Cameron Boyce- Beastboy
Nightwing-????

As for villain, well I'd go with Trigon instead of Deathstroke ot Terra.

If there were a trilogy, I would want Deathstroke, Terra, Trigon and Brother Blood to turn up. H.I.V.E would be good too. It would be cool if they used Damien Darhk like Arrow used him. I love what they did with that character, but that would be very unlikely to happen.

Last edited:
If there were a trilogy, I would want Deathstroke, Terra, Trigon and Brother Blood to turn up. H.I.V.E too, would be good. It would be cool if they used Damien Darhk like Arrow used him. I love what they did with that character, but that would be very unlikely to happen.

Could you imagine a Judas Contract movie? I can see that being as dark as Captain America: Winter Soldier

Could you imagine a Judas Contract movie? I can see that being as dark as Captain America: Winter Soldier

If they did, I would like it if they gave Terra better motives. I like what the cartoon did with her.

Last edited:
If they did, I would like it if they gave Terra better motivations. I like what the cartoon did with her.

Hopefully the animated movie for Judas Contract will do something better with Terra motive wise as well.

Nonetheless the Judas Contract comic would be a great idea for a threequel IMO.

You know, a while back El Mayimbe dropped a scoop that WB wanted to put a focus on team movies and I was skeptical. But as it turned out we got a BOP/Harley movie in devolpment, a JLD with a director, Succesful SS movie, and possibly a booster Gold/Blue Beetle movie. So I could see a Titans movie

Hopefully the animated movie for Judas Contract will do something better with Terra motive wise as well.

Nonetheless the Judas Contract comic would be a great idea for a threequel IMO.

I agree.

Here's a pitch: Cyborg, as a member of the Justice League, follows up on Batman's mobilization idea against major threats by teaming up with Nightwing against a growing cult headed by Brother Blood. Blood is a legacy mantle, and that's up front in the story, so it's more the force of the cult as the antagonist than anything else. Since Blood targets teens and impressionable people, Cyborg frees Beast Boy and Starfire from his clutches (Blood's trying to brainwash a captured Gar and Kori) while Nightwing finds Raven (who Blood has been portraying as a monster to his people and hunting down).

I agree that there should be a trilogy

one movie would have Deathstroke and Terra
another would have Brother Blood and the HIVE
another would have Trigon and Deathstroke

I agree that there should be a trilogy

one movie would have Deathstroke and Terra
another would have Brother Blood and the HIVE
another would have Trigon and Deathstroke

Any room for Starfire and Blackfire's adversarial relationship?

I would like to see an already existing TT team, no origin sorry. Personally I'm getting tired of them.

Yes I like the idea of a Brother Blood/Deathstroke/Trigon trilogy. Any ideas who would write and direct?

I would like to see an already existing TT team, no origin sorry. Personally I'm getting tired of them.

Yes I like the idea of a Brother Blood/Deathstroke/Trigon trilogy. Any ideas who would write and direct?

This seems like the perfect type of thing for Joss Whedon provided he'd ever touch a CBM again.

Here's a pitch: Cyborg, as a member of the Justice League, follows up on Batman's mobilization idea against major threats by teaming up with Nightwing against a growing cult headed by Brother Blood. Blood is a legacy mantle, and that's up front in the story, so it's more the force of the cult as the antagonist than anything else. Since Blood targets teens and impressionable people, Cyborg frees Beast Boy and Starfire from his clutches (Blood's trying to brainwash a captured Gar and Kori) while Nightwing finds Raven (who Blood has been portraying as a monster to his people and hunting down).

Those are good ideas.

My problem is that there are so many great members. I don't know who the team should be.

Robin
Nightwing
Cyborg
Kid Flash
Raven
Starfire
Beast Boy
Superboy
Wonder Girl
Blue Beetle
Terra
Speedy
Aqualad
Static
Miss Martian

All of these are great characters

And how do you handle Cyborg?

The recent Teen Titans vs Justice League movie handled Cyborg being in the Titans and the Justice League pretty well. But does he need to be on the Titans? Or could they just give his place on the team to a new character?

I think Cyborg could be on both. His main job these days is obviously with the JL, but his heart should always be with the Titans. IMO, the team should be the New Teen Titans from Wolfman's run i.e. Nightwing, Starfire, Raven, Cyborg, Beast Boy and Donna. I have a feeling that they would have Damien and Blue Beetle in there though, which would not be my first choice.

I know people would love the TV show line up but that won't happen unless Cyborg is leader. If Cyborg was ever demoted from JLer to Titan in the DCEU that could potentially destroy any respect the general audience might have for him. He could potentially scrape by being mentor but Flash looks younger than him so I don't know how they'll make it work.

But then I don't think the animated movie team is very good either. Firstly they would change Robin from Damian to Tim, it's the logical choice. Also the use of Blue Beetle would contradict with the Booster/Blue movie supposedly being done. I could easily see them use the new 52 line up. Tim, Bunker, Beast Boy, Raven and to mix it up I would put in Terra. I mean I would love Blue Beetle to be in but it wouldn't make sense with the Ted Kord version coming to the big screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"