Dorkyfresh Sketches and Drawings

This shiz is tight, dawg! What colors were u thinkin' for heroinsideme?
well done one...preferably multiple :p

honestly i'm not too sure. i'm not going to be coloring it so it's not really up to me. i'll provide my input but it's really the colorists job to bring it vibrancy...

it's been a while since i've followed the fan art boards but holy crap Dorky, you've gotten even better since I was here. Your page layouts look amazing!

thanx X-Fan. i appreciate your compliments :) sequentials are a very interesting art form. it's more than just making pretty pictures. it's almost like storyboarding (telling a story) but you also have to design the panels to flow well.

a quickie after i saw a new image of Henry Cavill from 'the Immortals'. decided to see what he'd look like as Supes...

Cavillquickie-color.jpg

Can't stay outta your thread! Very nice and well rounded. The Superman costume reminds me of something Kirby woulda done if Kal-El was in the New Gods.

Very nice Supes pic! There's one thing I noticed, though, and I've seen it in the last few of your pics, is that you're starting to emphasize the lower lip on the guys, and it kinda looks like they're wearing lipstick. Wolverine's face in the panels on the previous page has it too, and it's something that immediately sticks out to me. I think it may be because your faces are so expressive that anything out of the ordinary really throws me off.

I think you can get away with just that little line at the center of the lower lip to express the fact that it's there, but not so much that it outlines the lower lip. You went much lighter with it in the panels of your comic and I think that it really helps when the male characters don't have a fully defined lower lip.

keith_v, yeah i've been drawing the lower lip a lot lately...i just like the way it looks. i can see what you're saying about it looking like they're wearing lipstick though i don't necessarily agree. i guess what i'll start doing is to only draw the single line for the shadow on the lower lip for the further shots, but for the closer shots i'll draw the lower lip. that way it's a happy medium :)

btw, thanks again guys for checking out my thread. here's something that i'm working on right now...

placebo__page_4_by_jessekwe-d45wbyq.jpg

Your work is amazing Dorky. :up: I have a challenge for you. :ninja:

uh oh...I can't turn down a challenge!! What say is this challenge you speaketh of?

:woot: The other day I read the article about a potential Batman/Superman crossover movie, and I thought how cool it would be to see them flying through Metropolis or Gotham side by side, with Bamtan in the Batwing.....so I went to google and discovered that no such image exists.

So good sir! I challenge you to create said image, full colour and detail! if it's wallpaper size, even more praises will be poured upon thee! :awesome:

This shiz is tight, dawg! What colors were u thinkin' for heroinsideme?

Something real, but not too dark and ominous. I would really like a colorist who can present it in a real way, but be able to use the pallet to create an overall mood to each scene....plus someone who adds to the overall art in a way where you are not paying attention to the colors... Basically something that enhances without distracting.

In terms of technique, I'm somewhat open to anything. A whitewash, watercolor, etc

-R

a lil' something i'm working on in my rare spare time...

sauronsdemise-s1.jpg

...it will be a remake of one of my famous unfinished pieces.

You'll HAVE to finish this someday. Perhaps after your Transformers drawing?

preview.jpg

Last edited:
a quickie after i saw a new image of Henry Cavill from 'the Immortals'. decided to see what he'd look like as Supes...

Cavillquickie-color.jpg

I really like this drawing of Superman!! Nice work!! :up:

Wow, you go away for 3 or 4 years...

And all the greatness is still there :D

Best of all is that it's something Spider-Man would TOTALLY do.

A couple of sketches I did for a 20 minutes drawing contest at Heroes Con (Charlotte, NC) early last month. Didn't place with either of these, hehe...

20_minute_sketch___batman_vs_superman_by_jessekwe-d59lnnp.jpg

20_minute_sketch___predator_vs_batman_by_jessekwe-d59lq7q.jpg

As always, AWESOME work, Dorky!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"