• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Dormammu - the dread thread

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
image.jpg

I can't wait to see what they do with dormammu. I hope they do something like with sauron where he just has this seeping power over everyone

Last edited:
I'd like to be made afraid of him, hear mention of him, maybe even a glimpse...

but for cripes sake save him for the sequel!

I'd like to be made afraid of him, hear mention of him, maybe even a glimpse...

but for cripes sake save him for the sequel!

Agreed. Mordo should definitely be the first villain. But it wouldn't hurt to have Mordo try to summon Dormammu or Shuma-Gorath; just save them as a main villain for the sequel.

I'd even argue save him for the threequel.

But what might be kinda interesting is if Mordo fails to summon Dormammu and Strange has to clean up the planet swallowing mess that is Shuma-Gorath

Shuma_Gorath.jpg

Mordo for Part 1.

Shuma-Gorath for Part 2.

Dormmamu for Part 3.

All I know is that this better be who Martin Freeman's playing in Civil War :funny:

I'd even argue save him for the threequel.

But what might be kinda interesting is if Mordo fails to summon Dormammu and Strange has to clean up the planet swallowing mess that is Shuma-Gorath

Shuma_Gorath.jpg

No. Galactus is a planet swallowing mess. Shuma Gorath is a UNIVERSE swallowing mess. Huge difference. Dormammu may be a big bad but Shuma Gorath is the biggest bad there is. He is literally the ultimate evil in a way that Red Skull and Sabretooth can only imagine. You can't do Shuma Gorath in the first film.

What about Nightmare or Chthon?

Chthon would be best used as the big bad for some kind of Midnight Son's supernatural crossover. Or alternatively, just as a background justification for lower level supernatural stories, like the Nightstalkers or Darkhold Redeemers, in terms of "where is this horror movie badness coming from?"

Dormammu will be the main villain in this film, bank on it.

Dormammu will be the main villain in this film, bank on it.

Yes, but will be be pulling the strings, or center stage?

I think the former. Mordo is his pawn, and when he fails Dormammu himself will emerge likely at the end of the film or during the credits.

I really doubt Dormammu will be the main villain, not with them hiring Ejiofor to play Mordor. You don't cast like that for second fiddle.

Dormammu will likely be involved, probably as the source of Mordo's power, but he won't really be the villain of the movie, anymore than Thanos was the villain of Avengers 1.

I suppose he could do a good Mephisto, but Dormammu seems more likely.

No. Galactus is a planet swallowing mess. Shuma Gorath is a UNIVERSE swallowing mess. Huge difference. Dormammu may be a big bad but Shuma Gorath is the biggest bad there is. He is literally the ultimate evil in a way that Red Skull and Sabretooth can only imagine. You can't do Shuma Gorath in the first film.

What? Is he really that powerful? Galactus at full power is practically abstract

Mads would be good as the Dread One but... I get more of a Nightmare vibe from him.

I only read stories with Nightmare in Strange Tales. He seemed a weak villain back then (then again, Dormammu and Mordo stand out as villains for a reason). Has he been improved upon since then?

What? Is he really that powerful? Galactus at full power is practically abstract

My understanding is, Shuma Gorath is basically the Eternity of his own universe. So, yes, more powerful than Galactus, who'd have to go into "its time for the Big Crunch" mode to fight him.

( Dr Strange ultimately defeated Shuma Gorath by stealing the power of one of Gorath's minions to transform himself into, essentially, an elder god himself, so that he could have enough power to act as channel for Eternity. Said elder god eventually spat out the infinitesimal mote of its existence that used to be Stephen Strange, so he could go back to being a mortal. )

Shuma-Gorath takes any incarnation of Galactus. Even fully fed 616 Galactus. In his realm, or outside of it. It's stupid, how powerful Shuma is. He's the omnipotent God of a billion universes, while Galactus is a cosmic pillar of one. Galan is one of the most powerful beings in Marvel, and his feats are great...But he's a planet-eating force of one universe. Shuma is infinite.

Shuma-Gorath takes any incarnation of Galactus. Even fully fed 616 Galactus. In his realm, or outside of it. It's stupid, how powerful Shuma is. He's the omnipotent God of a billion universes, while Galactus is a cosmic pillar of one. Galan is one of the most powerful beings in Marvel, and his feats are great...But he's a planet-eating force of one universe. Shuma is infinite.

How does he compare with the living tribunal?

How does he compare with the living tribunal?

Well The Living Tribunal is second only to TOAA so...no contest. But to better explain Shuma's power level...Sise-Neg once became one with the entire Universe and eventually recreated it from scratch...and he couldn't destroy Shuma-Gorath even then. He could only banish him...I'd put Shuma alongside beings like Eternity easily.

Oh wow, damn good to know!

I only read stories with Nightmare in Strange Tales. He seemed a weak villain back then (then again, Dormammu and Mordo stand out as villains for a reason). Has he been improved upon since then?

I'm not sure what's been done with him recently, but he's always struck me as having huge potential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"