Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3

Nathan

Avenger
Reaction score
Spike, responsible for Tenkaichi 1 & 2, are already busy working on the third game in the successful Tenkaichi franchise. This probably won't come as a surprise to anybody.

– Budokai Tenkaichi 3 Game Set for Wii™ and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system –

NEW YORK, NY, MAY 21, 2007 – Atari, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATAR) one of the world’s most recognized brands and a third-party video game publisher, today announced that Dragon Ball Z®: Budokai Tenkaichi™ 3 is in development for Wii™ and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 combines the lightning fast fighting and action that have made Budokai Tenkaichi 1 and Budokai Tenkaichi 2 the #1 fighting games of 2005 and 2006. Developed by NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc. / Spike, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is slated to release during the 2007 holiday season.

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 delivers an extreme 3D fighting experience, improving upon last year’s game with over 150 playable characters, enhanced fighting techniques, beautifully refined effects and shading techniques, making each character's effects more realistic, and over 20 battle stages. In addition, an improved control system for the Wii will allow players to easily mimic signature moves and execute devastating energy attacks as they are performed in the Dragon Ball Z animated series.

“Atari is incredibly excited to offer the ultimate chapter in the Budokai Tenkaichi series with over 20 new characters that have never been seen in any other DBZ video games such as Nail, King Cold and King Vegeta and battle stages that fans will love,” said Emily Anadu, Senior Product Manager, Atari, Inc. “Each year, the developers refine the game to bring fans closer to feeling like they are actually playing the show.”

In addition to the unprecedented number of characters and improved Wii control system, the environments have also been enhanced to feature day and night stages, The power of the moon in the night stages gives players additional ways to transform their characters and lets fans recreate some of their favorite memories from the show.

The immensely popular Dragon Ball Z®series is the gold standard of anime-based video games, with more than 25 different games and over 10 million units sold since May 2002.

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is set for release this holiday season. For more information on Dragon Ball Z video games, please visit http://www.atari.com/dragonballz.

Source

DBZ_BT3_nail.gif
DBZ_BT3_KingVeg.gif
DBZ_BT3_KingCold.gif

OFFICIAL SITE

Those models look great, but I turned off when it became authentic 3D. I couldn't get any enjoyment whatsoever. If i had a Wii, I would invest, but I don't. Best of luck to the game though.

C'mon, could they have at least made a Next-Gen version? Wii doesn't count. :o

C'mon, could they have at least made a Next-Gen version? Wii doesn't count. :o

To be fair they couldn't really improve the character models much more unless they went like an interactive CGI movie, which would not be as true to the anime visual style it suits so well.

Ok, who can read spanish? 2 page preview here.

i don't see why someone would bother with something like this, it's not like anyone is likely to use any of these extra characters...

they are merely cannon fodder...

they should introduce a new plot line into it with new transformations, fusions etc instead of rehashing the same old game again...

Well, I'm just glad to see that they seem to be including the evade ability from Budokai 3.

I used to watch this show... Badibidi? That's sweet. You can summon his minions like Yakon and Pui Pui?

(Forgive if I'm wrong/mispelled.. It's been a while)

From the Atari boards.

Below is an exclusive first look at Tenkaichi 3. That's right, the members of Atari Community will be the FIRST ones to see Tenkaichi 3 in action!

For those who want to see the full-sized version of the clip, click the link below:

Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi 3 Raw Footage

Enjoy! And please feel free to share your thoughts about the video!

Ciel

i dont even recognize half the people anymore lol

i remember being and android 17 and 18 fan.

I am kind of excited about this. I liked BT2 on the Wii. I thought that the controllers suited the controller well. I hope gameplay changes are different enough to warrant a new purchase as I really don't care about some of these characters.

It would be cool if they could get Akira Toriyama to do an exclusive story arc for one of these games and do some new character designs just for the fun of it.

Kinda late, but here's the new Trailer to the game.

[YT]r3XdJ5tQpTs[/YT]

And additionally some gameplay footage.

King Vegeta Vs. Spopovitch
[YT]EzHU0aI40rE[/YT]

King Vegeta Vs. Brolly
[YT]aqCKX8O_79I[/YT]

Babidi Vs. Majin Vegeta
[YT]waUg8UfnQwU[/YT]

E3 Interview
[YT]VW50vyzh-CY[/YT]

Small E3 Trailer
[YT]T4DZ3hm3XJY[/YT]

Why didn't they create a Next Gen version of this game? Sure, the character models can only look so good with a drawn cell shaded look like they have, but the backgrounds could be way more detailed. The processing power of the PS3 or X360 could make great looking backgrounds...I don't understand.

Because not the entire gaming community has got the money to buy a next-gen console. So logically it's coming out on the current-gen system because that's where the most money can be made. Maybe we'll get a Next-gen DBZ title next year.

How are the Budokai Tenkaichi games different from the Budokai games? I've never really understood that. :confused:

I hope they make a next-gen Dragon Ball game that covers literally the entire Dragon Ball saga, from DB to DBZ to DBGT. Not a fighting game, either; an adventure/RPG-style game. Since they don't need to work much more on the graphics, they can devote all of the extra space and power next-gen consoles provide to expanding the story. :up:

How are the Budokai Tenkaichi games different from the Budokai games? I've never really understood that. :confused:

I hope they make a next-gen Dragon Ball game that covers literally the entire Dragon Ball saga, from DB to DBZ to DBGT. Not a fighting game, either; an adventure/RPG-style game. Since they don't need to work much more on the graphics, they can devote all of the extra space and power next-gen consoles provide to expanding the story. :up:

I think they tried a RPG..dragon ball sagas or something on PS2...and it tanked.

The problem with RPG's is someone who is adept at creating RPG's needs to help out, at least with their first. Rememper Super Mario RPG or the original Breath of Fire games? Capcom and Nintendo titles with help from Squaresoft....there is a reason they enlisted the help of Square. Atari needs to do the same with Dragon Ball Z.

Yeah, I'd want a good RPG. I played that Sagas game and it was awful. But a fully comprehensive DB/Z/GT game with help from an established RPG maker would rule. It'd probably even be better than the cartoon, since you could progress at your own pace instead of watching five episodes in a row of Goku and Frieza breathing hard at each other.

i prefer they make a free roam dbz game covering only dbz saga up to frieza...

so that in the sequel game they have a somewhat ok storyline to followup on...

Meh. The graphics can't really get any better with the cel-shading style, so I think they could fit the entire saga into one game on next-gen consoles, especially the PS3. It uses Blu-Ray discs, after all.

The graphics can get better just look at the intro videos they have in each game, when they look like that then im happy. and bringing it to next gen should make the levels more expansive

One was a 2D (with 3D) graphics fighter (which I preferred) a lá Tekken, the other is a fully 3D environmental combat game (which I'm not a fan of, but is more faithful to the animé).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"