DRAGON BALL Z: BATTLE OF Z - Eight Player Battle Royale

Nathan

Avenger
Reaction score
Namco Bandai is working on a brand new Dragon Ball Z fighting game called Dragon Ball: Battle of Z. Details are still coming in, but one of the key features is an eight player battle royale. Dragon Ball: Battle of Z also has four player co-op and supports online multiplayer.

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z is in development for PlayStation Vita, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. A release date for the title was not announced.

Source

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z Makes Super Saiyan God Playable

J-Stars Victory Vs isn’t the only Namco fighting game that Goku is going to be starring in. He’s also going to be in Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z, announced in Japan’s Weekly Shounen Jump magazine.

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z is team fighting action title that lets up to eight players battle it out against one another. Alternatively, you can have up to four players in cooperative play. The game lets players perform attacks together and heal one another, and will allow for online multiplayer battles.

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z is in development for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Vita. Jump shows Super Saiyan God from the Battle of the Gods movie as a playable fighter.

Source

E77Z72T.jpg

Ky1DvpN.jpg

md5QzJw.jpg

tPlYezO.jpg

I haven't played a DBZ game since Burst Limit. Have any of the recent ones been any good?

All of these games look the same to me.

I haven't played a DBZ game since Burst Limit. Have any of the recent ones been any good?

I'd avoid Ultimate Tenkaichi. It's just a QTE fest filled with cutscenes. And if you actually enjoyed Budokai Tenkaichi during the PS2 days, you can't go wrong with Raging Blast 2. Though there really aren't really any fundamental changes. Battle of Z is going to be the first DBZ game in years, that seems to change things up, with an up to 8 players Battle Royal.

Why didn't they just call it Super Saiyan 4? I think that's what they were up to, right? Or do they all have odd names like that in the Japanese versions?

Why didn't they just call it Super Saiyan 4? I think that's what they were up to, right? Or do they all have odd names like that in the Japanese versions?

Probably to distance it from Dragon Ball GT. The new Movie that came out, which introduces Super Saiyan God, is the official continuation of DBZ.

Oh, I don't even know what that is. Not a ubber fan obviously. Does it suck, I'm guessing?

Yes, it sucks.

This was the Super Saiyan 4 in GT.

KDPAWSw.png

It was really weird. Apparently Toriyama and Yamamuro kept going back and forth on how this next stage of Super Saiyan should look like. Yamamuro wanted a middle ground between a Super Saiyan 3 and his design of Super Saiyan 4 from GT while Toriyama wanted to keep Goku looking essentially the same and make him less muscular and give him the Kaio-ken glow.

BcJBO0f.jpg

They went with the latter. As for the choice of God over 4 remains a mystery. I would assume that God just sounds more alluring and powerful.

EDIT: Probably along with what Nathan mentioned too.

I'll be honest I think I like the look of Super Saiyan 4 a lot more. Super Saiyan God was really underwhelming. It's just a taller and leaner Kaio-ken state. That's it.

I didn't even know that's all it was. I only saw those images online, of a basically Golden Super Saiyan 4.

Yep, underwhelming. But then again, I really liked Gohan's Ultimate Form, which was basically spiky black hair.

I liked it too but for some reason that worked better than this SSG mode.

You're right. At least Gohan's face looked way more mature and even the hair looked a bit different once he was fully powered up. Goku looks exactly the same. He just glows now.

Super Saiyan God. Also known as the Bruce Lee mode.

IMO, the only thing SS4 had going for it was the black hair and red eyes, that was cool. Everything else like the pink fur and tail was awful. I once photshopped SS4 Goku's head onto his regular DBZ body, looked pretty cool.

Anyway, this game looks like your normal Tenkaichi fest, lately those are hit and miss.

Last edited:
There's been no innovation in these games and the little that has been changed has been for the worst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"