• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dream Team League (Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random but Franklins current post total is 11,111

Kinda cool and a pointless fact at the same time

If it's the BOTTLE City of Kandor, then yes, it's in the bottle. If it's just the City of Kandor, then there's no boundary, I would guess, and the entirety of Krypton is fair game. So I'm going to go and look-see if wieg specified Bottle City.

If it's the BOTTLE City of Kandor, then yes, it's in the bottle. If it's just the City of Kandor, then there's no boundary, I would guess, and the entirety of Krypton is fair game. So I'm going to go and look-see if wieg specified Bottle City.

Only asking

Sorry, didn't mean to come off like I was mad or something. The capitalization was just for emphasis and differentiation.

Battle threads are now posted.

I think we can declare this season officially started!

Okay, I know it's belated, but what's Waverider's "super speed" like? Is it more like Surfer's in that it's mainly travel speed? Or more like Superman's, where it's a combo of traveling and reaction speed? And how fast is he, etc.? Also, is his precog "true" precog, or is it more like we were writing Zemo's, ie not flawless by any means?

I think it's both his reaction and traveling speeds. The reason that doesn't make him tuber, as it would the Surfer, is that the Surfer travels massively faster than Waverider, and the Surfer has much more power versatility and more ways to beat you. Waverider's travel slightly exceeds the fastest speed feat of any Flash, whereas Silver Surfer travels orders of magnitude faster than light.

Limited, I would suspect. I mean, he can predict your future ten years from now, and he has limited "everyday-use" precog, but I never saw anything to suggest it was Midnighter-level precog.

Invisible Woman can cast multiple force fields at once, right?

Yancy prep is up. Being a theater person, I just work better with scripts. Hope no one minds. :D

:gl: :gl: :gl:

Write up is up...

its gonna take me a while to get into this DTL thing again...so naturally the first one is brief and sucks...

:D

But its all in the name of fun

For real, I'm taking forever on my write-up. Going a season and a half without thinking about this thing has left me dull and more ******ed than usual. :(

I need to get my ass in gear as well and at least get my prep up tonight.

Ok question time here people...

My understanding with Cap A with Mjolnir was that if he wasnt shown to use the skills then he couldn't

So in that way wouldnt the same go for Stark Supreme? If he hasnt been seen to use it then he cant...its all well and good using Strange as an example of using it but if Cap cant use thor as an example then can Stark use strange?

PS I think mages should be banned

Ok question time here people...

My understanding with Cap A with Mjolnir was that if he wasnt shown to use the skills then he couldn't

So in that way wouldnt the same go for Stark Supreme? If he hasnt been seen to use it then he cant...its all well and good using Strange as an example of using it but if Cap cant use thor as an example then can Stark use strange?

PS I think mages should be banned

I wasn't paying attention to the Cap discussion. Which skills were they talking about? Hammer skills, or fighting skills, or both?

Last edited:
Hammer skills. I argued that, left alone with Mjolnir for at least a year (since there was a reference in the issue that Cap and the Defenders had been together at least that long), Cap should have figured out how to use most of the hammer's powers, even though the issue itself only showed him using lightning blasts, flying, and being stronger than usual. The consensus seemed to be that he wouldn't have those powers, so I ultimately dropped him and picked up Thor instead.

Hammer skills. I argued that, left alone with Mjolnir for at least a year (since there was a reference in the issue that Cap and the Defenders had been together at least that long), Cap should have figured out how to use most of the hammer's powers, even though the issue itself only showed him using lightning blasts, flying, and being stronger than usual. The consensus seemed to be that he wouldn't have those powers, so I ultimately dropped him and picked up Thor instead.
Well, I frankly think you were right. The difference here, though, is that Stark underwent the whole Sorcerer Supreme training, had the same artifacts, etc. as Strange, making it that much easier to assume that he'd have the same knowledge. The origins are nearly exactly the same, in regards to training with the Ancient One, and fighting Mordo. Only difference is he was a tech genius as well.

I think it's safe to assume that Stark at least had the same skills that Strange had at a comparable point in his history, since as you said, they had the same training. If Strange has had more recent power ups, I don't think they'd apply to Stark.

By the way, was Stark really Sorcerer Supreme? I haven't read the issue (Marvel really needs to reprint What If? Vol. 2) but I've seen a scan of the cover which said "Tony Stark -- Sorcerer Supreme?" (with a question mark), and a scan of the interior that says "Anthony Stark, Master of the Mystic Arts".
scan 1
scan 2

To be honest, I'm not even sure if Strange becoming Sorcerer Supreme was a power upgrade, or just a title upgrade due to the death of the Ancient One.

Much as I'd love to agree with you, Nightwing, I think they're pretty much right.

I think it's safe to assume that Stark at least had the same skills that Strange had at a comparable point in his history, since as you said, they had the same training. If Strange has had more recent power ups, I don't think they'd apply to Stark.

By the way, was Stark really Sorcerer Supreme? I haven't read the issue (Marvel really needs to reprint What If? Vol. 2) but I've seen a scan of the cover which said "Tony Stark -- Sorcerer Supreme?" (with a question mark), and a scan of the interior that says "Anthony Stark, Master of the Mystic Arts".
scan 1
scan 2

To be honest, I'm not even sure if Strange becoming Sorcerer Supreme was a power upgrade, or just a title upgrade due to the death of the Ancient One.
Actually, it's the title granted to the most powerful magic user in each "realm" or whatever. Strange got his title when the Ancient One died/passed on. And, re-reading the What If, that version of the Ancient One still looked in pretty good shape, and only ever calls Stark Earth's Sorcerer Champion. But, yeah, it's not a power upgrade, just a recognition of power/ability.

Last edited:
Well, Stark Supreme sounds a lot better than Stark Champion, so let's just keep on calling him Stark Supreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"