• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Dream Team League Transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a bit sneaky...changing your line up last minute then closing them...I can't change mine now...

Thats a bit sneaky...changing your line up last minute then closing them...I can't change mine now...

That's because you made a last minute change, so I get a last minute change to counter.

Okay, after reading that you closed line ups I went up and saw that one I posted didn't post. Looking further I now see that I apparently didn't post a new post but edited my previous post about an hour before you closed it. I don't know what the heck I did to do that, as that wasn't the intent, but that's where the new lineup is listed so I guess that's what I did. I guess that's what I get for multitasking. Just wanted to point that out.

He's got super-strength, steel hardened skin and a healing factor. His healing factor isn't on par with Deadpool or Wolverine, but he does have one.

To take effect after Week 8

Drop - Rulk (MU)
Pick up - Gorilla Grodd (DM)

Luke Cage is a reg.
Mirror Master is a reg.
Snake Eyes wouldn't be allowed.
I'm pretty sure that are two Supermans in play, so your Supes is not allowed.

Oh, and welcome. :)

P.S. I will be in London monday to wednesday. I would appreciate the chance to put up a write-up up on thursday.

I thought it was the Clark Kents that you were only allowed 2

This is a russian version and as such I think he would be allowed.. Personally

Also as cool as Snake Eyes would be he wouldnt be allowed as he didnt start in comic form he started as a tv character.

I do have to check though why you chose the Comedian?

He isn't exactly skilled in his field and his knowledge of abilities is limited as he wasnt displayed in his comics as doing much if im not mistaken

I mean its your team and all but that one I am a little concerned for for your team

Snake Eyes wouldn't be allowed.

I did run it by Wieg beforehand. I knew it would cause some **** so I am prepared to change it.

I do have to check though why you chose the Comedian?

He isn't exactly skilled in his field and his knowledge of abilities is limited as he wasnt displayed in his comics as doing much if im not mistaken

I mean its your team and all but that one I am a little concerned for for your team

He was shone mostly through flashbacks in Watchmen, but Comedian was shown to be a man who participated in government black-ops for close to forty years. He was a Vietnam vet and did countless missions for the US government. He beat Ozymandias at hand to hand combat at one time, and somewhere in the book it stated he was one of the best fighters in the Watchman U.

Hey if Weig says Snake Eyes is allowed then im ok with it but it was my understanding that they had to start in comic form to be allowed...otherwise the likes of Transformers, Star Wars and Thunderats would be allowed...

As for Comedian...there isnt really a basis to compare him to in terms of the other DC universe characters and their abilities...I mean what level is Ozymandias? Who would he be compared to? And who would Comedian be compared to?

Hey if Weig says Snake Eyes is allowed then im ok with it but it was my understanding that they had to start in comic form to be allowed...otherwise the likes of Transformers, Star Wars and Thunderats would be allowed...

As for Comedian...there isnt really a basis to compare him to in terms of the other DC universe characters and their abilities...I mean what level is Ozymandias? Who would he be compared to? And who would Comedian be compared to?

Valid points. I'll probably keep Comedian for now. But when I get my ass kicked with him? Then that'll be a different story.

Not great comparisons can go for a person or against a person. You can always debate a person greater than they really are without good comparisons. It just depends on the level of debater you are and how well you like the character. I think that's the deal Proctor really. He's only a decent character in my opinon in this type of setting but in Wiegeabo's hands he's deadly because he loves the character and he's a great debater.

HOTNA Current Line up

307ng21.jpg

Looks like it's a good time to announce the theme for week 9. It's especially important to do so early.

This week's theme is...
Yeah, I'm making you do this again
The theme is...
Regular-only week!

That's right, this week only regulars get to fight.

Don't have enough regulars? Not to worry. On a temporary basis for this match, you'll be allowed to extend your roster to bring your list of regs up to 5 without needing to drop any of your characters. (If you do have 5 or more regs already, you won't need to worry about this). After this week is up, you'll have to drop those temp regs.

Can we pick up temp regs regardless of the fact that we have five or more? (I have four, but might like to pick up another reg)

Nope, temps are for those people who don't have enough regs. The point is to use as much of your team as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"