Daredevil Drew Goddard Leaves DAREDEVIL?!

Compi716

The SHH! Jew
Reaction score
From Latino-Review:
BREAKING

More bad news this holiday weekend. According to sources, award winning writer/director Drew Goddard has left Marvel's Daredevil. Due to the fact that it is a holiday, calls to his reps at UTA can't be returned till Tuesday at the earliest. Goddard was supposed to write and direct the first episode of Daredevil, while also serving as series Showrunner and Executive Producer for the 13-episode series premiering on Netflix in 2015.

More to come as this story develops...

Stay tuned...
http://www.latino-review.com/news/exclusive-drew-goddard-has-left-marvels-daredevil

Wow. This is awful news if true. It's a bad weekend for Marvel Studios.

Omg hope this is fake...I love daredevil and I hope marvel dont screw it up!

I really don't see how he couldn't do it still and supposedly do whatever big projects he has lined up next. He was only directing and writing the first episode, which would be the most extensive duty he'd initially put into the project. After that, he was just going to be the showrunner and EP, things he could likely multi-task with others and still do his other side projects.

What the hell is happening to Marvel Studios? This is really sad if true.

Wow. Two directors leaving their projects... This is beginning to get worrisome.

What....the ****?!

Horn, Permuller, you lot have a lot of 'splaining to do! :cmad:

I am so flipping pissed off at Marvel right now. Whatever the hell they are doing they need to stop.

Can we wait until this is official before we panic? They actually announced Wright leaving, without anyone getting an 'inside scoop' before it happened. I'll wait until to hear more about this.

If true, though, Marvel's going to need to make some "big win" announcements soon to put people at ease.

I've seen him directing Ant-Man suggested a few times... And I'd be totally okay with that.

If true, though, Marvel's going to need to make some "big win" announcements soon to put people at ease.

Like "Edgar Wright and Drew Goddard back at Marvel working on their respective projects! Woops, a disney executive overstepped and now he's FIRED, there will be no further delays"

Thats what I need to hear.

If its true that even Kevin Feige supported Wright, none of this should have happened. Feige is bossman in my eyes. Disney can get bent. We should make as big of a stink as we can about this. I doubt Disney likes the negative publicity.

Something is really strange about this. For Wright and Goddard to both be jumping ship at exactly the same time, something is wrong in paradise. I hope Marvel isn't starting to think they're the end all be all and forget what made their cinematic universe so special. It was the creative talent behind the interesting properties. This has me worried.

If its true that even Kevin Feige supported Wright, none of this should have happened. Feige is bossman in my eyes. Disney can get bent. We should make as big of a stink as we can about this. I doubt Disney likes the negative publicity.

Us making a stink will have zero effect. People are still going to watch and go to the movies. The only point we could make would be at their pocketbooks, and there aren't enough of us to make that kind of difference.

With SDCC coming up I would assume Marvel wanted progress to show their fans. Wright has done NOTHING with Ant-Man and July is round the corner and theirs no DD news. Goddard was doing 1 episode so why the outrage?

With SDCC coming up I would assume Marvel wanted progress to show their fans. Wright has done NOTHING with Ant-Man and July is round the corner and theirs no DD news. Goddard was doing 1 episode so why the outrage?

He was directing the pilot, but he was overseeing the entire project. That's the worry.

Us making a stink will have zero effect. People are still going to watch and go to the movies. The only point we could make would be at their pocketbooks, and there aren't enough of us to make that kind of difference.

:o

People were saying the exact same thing about the Xbox One when they announced all the DRM and used games policies. So yeah if people make a big enough stink, the studio will get scared.

:o

People were saying the exact same thing about the Xbox One when they announced all the DRM and used games policies. So yeah if people make a big enough stink, the studio will get scared.

That's a night and day situation. You're comparing XBOX implementing a protocol that would have changed the gaming industry altogether to hurting Disney in their wallets. There isn't a big enough stink to be made for this.

Fellow "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" alum Steven S. DeKnight will take over the reins of the drama, while Drew Goddard will segue to Sony feature "Sinister Six."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/steven-deknight-set-as-daredevil-703693

Buffy and Lost alum Goddard will segue to writing and directing Sony's Spider-Man spinoff Sinister Six, which will focus on the villains from that universe. He'll remain with Daredevil and serve as a consultant on the drama.

So this was a Sony thing. :o Figures.

Like "Edgar Wright and Drew Goddard back at Marvel working on their respective projects! Woops, a disney executive overstepped and now he's FIRED, there will be no further delays"

Thats what I need to hear.

Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked...

The directors of the firm hired to continue the credits after the other people had been sacked, wish it to be known that they have just been sacked. The credits have been completed in an entirely different style at great expense and at the last minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"