Daredevil Drew Goddard Leaves DAREDEVIL?!

Fellow "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" alum Steven S. DeKnight will take over the reins of the drama, while Drew Goddard will segue to Sony feature "Sinister Six."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/steven-deknight-set-as-daredevil-703693

Buffy and Lost alum Goddard will segue to writing and directing Sony's Spider-Man spinoff Sinister Six, which will focus on the villains from that universe. He'll remain with Daredevil and serve as a consultant on the drama.

****ing Sony! :cmad:

Still, good on DeKnight to step in

Fellow "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" alum Steven S. DeKnight will take over the reins of the drama, while Drew Goddard will segue to Sony feature "Sinister Six."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/steven-deknight-set-as-daredevil-703693

Buffy and Lost alum Goddard will segue to writing and directing Sony's Spider-Man spinoff Sinister Six, which will focus on the villains from that universe. He'll remain with Daredevil and serve as a consultant on the drama.

Well, there we have it. Again, didn't we all know this was coming since Goddard got involved with Sinister Six? I'm glad we already have a replacement, and we didn't have to wonder more than a couple hours.

Now we need to hear about Ant-Man.

I wanna know if this was an ultimatum by Sony, or if it was strictly Drew's decision.

And I really would have liked to see Marvel's Netflix endeavor get off to a better start. I always get nervous when new attempts like this don't go smoothly. It tends to set the tone for everything coming after. Growing pains are to be expected, but to have the show runner jump ship, it's a bad sign. I just don't want it to scare off any talent from the other projects.

If Goddard is still onboard as consultant, thats a good thing.

Let's hope Marvel sells Daredevil to FOX so we can have Joe Carnahan's DD movie back.

If Goddard is still onboard as consultant, thats a good thing.

I can't see the Sinister Six being a positive project. He must believe in it heavily. Idk if that bodes well for the SS or bad for DD.

Let's hope Marvel sells Daredevil to FOX so we can have Joe Carnahan's DD movie back.

Nothing about his spiel or sizzle reel he had put together interested me in the slightest. I enjoy Carnahan, but I think they can do better than the '70's premise he wanted to go with. Besides, Marvel just got the rights back. They aren't going to get rid of them. I don't see them ever getting rid of anything that winds up back in house again.

I figured it was because of Sinister Six, I'm glad he's still a consultant on DD at least.

Now that DeKnight is the showrunner, I hope he lobbies to get a Sparatcus alum to helm the series. Liam McIntyre as Murdock? Yes? Yes.

And here's the official announcement from Marvel:

http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/5/24/22578/steven_s_deknight_joins_marvels_daredevil

Steven S. DeKnight Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
Acclaimed Writer, Director & Producer Joins Marvel's Inaugural Series on Netflix

Marvel is proud to announce that acclaimed writer, director and producer Steven S. DeKnight ("Spartacus," "Buffy: The Vampire Slayer," "Angel") has joined "Marvel's Daredevil" as Executive Producer & Showrunner on the all-new 13-episode series premiering on Netflix in 2015. Drew Goddard, who also wrote the first two episodes, will continue to serve as Executive Producer on "Marvel"s Daredevil" as he writes and preps Sony's "The Amazing Spider-Man" spin-off film, "The Sinister Six."

For more information on Marvel's Daredevil, and the other exciting new Marvel Television series coming to Netflix, stay tuned to Marvel.com.

Now that DeKnight is the showrunner, I hope he lobbies to get a Sparatcus alum to helm the series. Liam McIntyre as Murdock? Yes? Yes.

I never considered Liam...yes indeed.

****ing attempt at a Spider-Man Cinematic Universe depriving us of a showrunner.

Like Marvel's really near bankruptcy again even though they make big money now. :whatever:

****ing attempt at a Spider-Man Cinematic Universe depriving us of a showrunner.

DeKnight is a pretty good replacement, imo. Him taking over has me way more interested in the project now.

how is Sinister Six still happening? the Spider-man sequel was an undercooked turd.

DeKnight is a pretty good replacement, imo. Him taking over has me way more interested in the project now.

I've got nothing against DeKnight, and indeed he is quite good, but it still pisses me off.

how is Sinister Six still happening? the Spider-man sequel was an undercooked turd.

I just flat out don't see how that project is even gonna work. How do you make villains protaganists that the audience is gonna give a rat's ass about? I'm glad I'm not responsible for trying to put that POS together.

Meh, I'd rather have 13 hours of Matt Murdock rather than just two.

Had a feeling that this whole thing would work out and Goddard would still be involved in some capacity.

I just flat out don't see how that project is even gonna work. How do you make villains protaganists that the audience is gonna give a rat's ass about? I'm glad I'm not responsible for trying to put that POS together.
IDK but I am pretty interested in seeing it. It's a new type of superhero movie and that alone makes me excited.

Way more interested in SINISTER SIX than THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3. But that doesn't say a lot. And I would rather have Goddard do Daredevil than S6 in any case.

Who cares about Sinister Six? I mean I'm sure some do, but I'm curious as to why.

I submit Reggie Hudlin to direct some episodes of DD. Also Lexi Alexander.

IDK but I am pretty interested in seeing it. It's a new type of superhero movie and that alone makes me excited.

That's the thing though. Are they gonna be presented as heroes? I know some of the most interesting things about bad guys is that a simple change in viewpoint can make them seem relatable, but is that how we're gonna see this? From their point of view where they're in the right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"