Dukerjay's Art Thread

Another update on the WIP...probably the last one today.

Bottom panel is done...

holgercolourdetailfullwwo9.jpg

Don't know if it's even worth it to post this, but...

holgercolourdetailbpx6.jpg

Thanks for looking everyone...and thanks for any and all encouragement. It's needed and much-appreciated.

Another update on the WIP...probably the last one today.

Bottom panel is done...

holgercolourdetailfullwwo9.jpg
Your colors are pretty good. They really accentuate your character, especially considering your coloring almost has like a specific texture, that looks really good on cloth and small metal pieces. I'd revisit the sparks and the metal paneling, though. (the turret looks great, though.)

It looks great. Keep up the great work.

Your colors are pretty good. They really accentuate your character, especially considering your coloring almost has like a specific texture, that looks really good on cloth and small metal pieces. I'd revisit the sparks and the metal paneling, though. (the turret looks great, though.)

It looks great. Keep up the great work.

Thanks for the crit.

I've actually tweaked the plane a bit already and plan on redoing the whole of it (minus the gun and gunner bubble) before it's all said and done.

I think I'll leave the sparks, though...

A bust that I've been working on...it'll be a Christmas present for my cousin (who I'm making the comic with). Hopefully you can recognize Holger Danske in the bust.

holgerbustpj9.jpg

Thanks...now, if only the actual comic were this close to completion. Then I'd be laughing.

I did a design for Holger's sword this week...
cortanabf3.jpg

You'll notice it's different from the bust...but I think it's a lot better. Cortana's the name of the sword. Those runes are actually LOTR runes but I liked the look of them.

Hope you like.

So, I've been busy working on my comic for the last little while. It's hard and frustrating sometimes...and it's almost always excruciatingly slow.

Anyways, I thought I'd post some pencils here...obviously they'll still need to be inked and coloured (which I'm hoping will make them look a whole lot better) but you get the idea.

holgerdanske30so9.jpg

holgerdanske3132sg2.jpg

holgerdanske33er6.jpg

holgerdanske34fk5.jpg

holgerdanske35ec8.jpg

holgerdanske36qn2.jpg

I like your perspective work with the plane, clean lines also, wish mine were like that.

Finished painting the Holger bust (although it may need some touch ups.) The new sword definitely looks better than this one.

holgerbustfinxr4.jpg

holgerbustfindet1zn3.jpg

Thanks for looking.

can't see anything but the bust but it is great!

It took me about a week and a half, sculpting on and off. Plus another week and a half to paint it.

Hours-wise, I don't know. I didn't spend more than an hour or so each day.

I didn't really keep track.

great job duker, the bust looks awesome

Still plugging away at the comic...

Thought I'd post this...
holgerpage3colourup6.jpg

Looks great. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members