• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Dungeons And Flagons 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been rewatching the first season of Transformers: Prime lately and it really makes me want another TF game around here, but everyone except me sucks and interest in those games always takes a nosedive after about a week. :argh:

There's only so many times you can change into a truck before it get boring! :cmad:

Be a triple-changer and explore what sorts of psychoses that brings to the character. Fight a pandemic of the rage plague. Have fun with the zillion other alien races in the galaxy and their thoughts on the war that Cybertronians have brought to their doorsteps. Focus on the "robots in disguise" part and have an extra emphasis on stealth in both teams, and look at what that means for a large scale war. Have factions within factions, not just clear-cut good vs. evil stuff (it's an actual war after all, there's not always a right and wrong answer to problems). Encounter ancient Cybertronians returning from the Dead Universe who wonder WTF happened to their race while they were gone. Fight Unicron. Do some stuff with Dark Energon. Focus on characters being on the brink of starvation while real Energon is so scarce. Have your character run into the original Thirteen. Introduce old toy concepts (the IDW comics' version of Headmasters was f**king horrifying). Go on interstellar bounty hunting trips. And there's bound to be plenty of conspiracies and other shenanigans with Earthlings wanting to investigate alien life and/or wanting to acquire Cybertronian technology for themselves.

Or you can have fun with human friendlies. :awesome:Basically, where I think the previous TF games went wrong was the fact that most people were only familiar with the characters from the movies (oh, God) or the 80's cartoon, and they sadly and understandably took their inspiration from those particular sources. So players were really only interested in having their characters transform and get on with the fighting, which, as you say, gets old fast.

Last edited:
No! If I couldn't get enough interest to keep my DC Western RPG going, I'll be goddamned if Transformers ever sees the light of day again! :cmad:

Dick fights aren't fair, dammit! Especially for those of us with weenie do. :csad:

It's what it always comes down to.

If there is any RPG I would want see get off the ground it would be GI Joe...that being said I could see a dozen apps for Snake Eyes (Writing dialog for him wouldn't be too hard :whatever: ) and the fact that we are having trouble keeping our current RPGs going a new one right now just wouldn't really work out. (IMO)

I would enjoy playing Cobra Commander just for the dialogue. "COBRA!" Would be every single piece of dialogue.

Just reopen the damned Independents game and play your Transformers and GI Joe there, damn it. The IC/OOC threads are still there.

EDIT: But seriously, if people are interested, the threads are still there. I wouldn't have a problem opening them back up.

Last edited:
I'm still really interested in trying out Nemesis. :up:

I had an idea or a character a few weeks ago! :cmad:

I'm still really interested in trying out Nemesis. :up:

I mean the IDW TMNT series still has me wanting to play the game. And if there's people interested in other properties that fall under that umbrella, I won't say no to getting it going again.

But I don't see the point at trying to make a singular game under an independent property when there's probably not enough interest or know-how to keep it afloat, and when there's already a game set up and ready to go for those stories to be told.

I'd be up for it if I wouldn't be the only one playing a Transformer and contributing to that particular corner of the Independent Game's universe. If I took up Galvatron for instance, it'd be pretty un-Transformers-y unless there were Autobots to play off of and do intergalactic war stuff with. If it were just Galvatron vs. the Ninja Turtles, Hellboy, or even G.I. Joe, it still wouldn't really feel like I was RPing as a Transformer.

I kinda ran into a similar problem way back after I applied for Big Head (the Mask), and then realized that there were no real conflicts that the character would care enough about to get into (plus he was too overpowered to get involved in other players' stories without derailing them instantly) Sure, like Galvatron, I could come up with a single player story and NPC some opponents and conflicts for Big Head, but I'd be writing full-out fanfiction at that point when what I signed up for was role playing.

Still, if there were Autobot players in the game, I'd definitely give it a shot. But then I look at our currently short supply of active RPers around here, as well as the people on that list who'd also be willing to play an Autobot, and my hopes kinda go down.

Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days...I've been doing some thinking about things concerning my characters and yes even considering dropping out all together.

Well....that's not gonna happen.....I think I have some ideas and a renewed sense of focus...so there should be posts going up starting tomorrow.

In honor of pi day today:

119s8xt.jpg

I dunno if any of you guys have played the Mass Effect series, but fair warning, if you haven't beaten Mass Effect 3...the ending is effing terrible. I've honestly ever been this mad a few times: When I saw Spider-man 3, X-Men 3, and The Matrix sequels.

Except condense all that frustration into a 15 minute window, and you have my current state of rage.

Yeah, I heard about that. I guess I'll find out next week when I'm able to get the game.

I dunno if any of you guys have played the Mass Effect series, but fair warning, if you haven't beaten Mass Effect 3...the ending is effing terrible. I've honestly ever been this mad a few times: When I saw Spider-man 3, X-Men 3, and The Matrix sequels.

Except condense all that frustration into a 15 minute window, and you have my current state of rage.

Not at the end yet, but that's the most consistent comment about the game I've heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"