Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

You want a Marvel RPG, go for it. I would say try and do something different than base it off current comic canon. People don't seem to go for that anymore.

Because current canon is garbage.

I've had a concept for a Marvel RPG brewing that's neither All-Star nor strictly 616, but mirrors the idea of classic Marvel canon. Basically, just 10 years into the Marvel Universe, vague continuity, some major stuff happened, some didn't. Everything would be deemed fit and unfit by GMs instead of players, so there'd be no confusion.

Personally, I think it's time to move away from the 'back to the beginning' stuff for awhile. UDC and OE already cover that ground well enough.

I like this idea.

Out of all the games, sadly the Marvel ones have the worst track record. Which is funny since how much the OU games and OE seems to embrace Marvel stuff. Without loyal new blood, I think you guys are setting yourself up to get disappointed.

I think this is the reality.

And thus concludes Rain Dog's 2 cents.

Much rather have his posts than his two cents, but we all know that **** ain't happening anytime soon.

Awwwww, it's MB's home movies.

2upsj7k.jpg

2960lrs.jpg

106m3ur.jpg

If I had costumes that awesome as a kid, I'd have never grown up.

No, I meant physically. I'd have found a way to keep myself at three feet tall, just so I could still fit the suit.

Alright, you've made the gifs now, Bats... ...now let the kids go.

24502d1329586823-got-new-red-eye-intro-tips-farnsworth-good-news.jpg

Got the new Dell Mini all set up! So things should be on the up and up from here on... and we might see something more detailed than just back and forth dialogue for Nuff Said Hawkeye for once...

So, The Amazing Spider-Man.

Is it worth my money? My friends seem pretty divided on it and the trailers only make it seem "okay" to me.

I love The Amazing Spider-Man so much I carved its name into every inch of my skin.

On a related note, I am in an unbelievable amount of pain right now.

How obsesses is Andy over Garfield?

He had his name changed to Charles Guiteau... :awesome:

Hmm.

I'm still apprehensive. How is it compared to Raimi's Spider-Man? Is it analogous to what Batman Begins is to Batman?

Just as good as the first two Raimi films, and some will argue better, and it's like Batman Begins in that it takes its time with characters developing. In a good way.

NOW, GET THE **** OFF THE INTERNET AND GO SEE IT!!!

I had zero desire to see ASM, and zero expectations.

It was great. Glad I went to see it. I think, in a lot of ways, it's better than the Raimi movies because it takes itself seriously, without taking itself too seriously, or not seriously enough. Whereas Raimi seemed to be all about the camp (he was making a comic book movie, whereas Webb made a movie based on a comic book) and either too serious or too silly.

I still love the first two Raimi movies, but I don't think they've aged well when compared to the Marvel-made films.

Charles Guiteau... He was obsessed with and assassinated President Garfield.... Garfield is the name of the guy playing Spider-- It's a whole thing.

Charles Guiteau... He was obsessed with and assassinated President Garfield.... Garfield is the name of the guy playing Spider-- It's a whole thing.

Just go back to reading about Teddy Roosevelt

TASM - worth your money. Come to think of it, that should've been the tagline. Would've been more honest than "The Untold Story."

^
A testament on ASM right there. It left that gabby mother****er speechless.

I had zero desire to see ASM, and zero expectations.

It was great. Glad I went to see it. I think, in a lot of ways, it's better than the Raimi movies because it takes itself seriously, without taking itself too seriously, or not seriously enough. Whereas Raimi seemed to be all about the camp (he was making a comic book movie, whereas Webb made a movie based on a comic book) and either too serious or too silly.

I still love the first two Raimi movies, but I don't think they've aged well when compared to the Marvel-made films.

My thoughts exactly. :up: The film's not without it's flaws, but neither were the other films, despite growing up with them and loving them. This one comes away feeling more like the Spider-Man I know, rather than the original incarnations that Raimi was going for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"