E3: The Official Nintendo Announcements Thread

Brainiac 8

Clark Smash!
Reaction score
I figured since the first big announcement has popped up, it was time to get the announcement train rolling. What will we see? Kid Icarus? Animal Crossing? Zelda? Pikmin 3? Wii Sports 2? Super Duper Mini Game Casual Encounter?

First announcement:

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/14/nintendo-unveils-wii-motionplus-accessory-for-unmatched-precisi/

joystiq said:
Nintendo has announced via press release Wii MotionPlus, an accessory for the Wii remote that works with both the sensor bar and accelerometer to "allow for more comprehensive tracking of a player's arm position and orientation." No other details are provided at the moment, but more information is promised for Nintendo's press conferece tomorrow.

Sounds good to me. I wonder what games they have waiting in the wings that could benefit from the enhanced motion control. Can we say Kid Icarus and maybe a new Zelda with 1:1 actions? A man can dream! :D

I wish there's a way to make nukchuk wireless.

The question remains how much this will cost and how gameplay will differ if one doesn't have it. But good to see a somewhat original idea at E3.

The announcement of this peripheral makes my hopes for a new Zelda title to be announced even higher.

I know we need a Street Fighter game that use this peripheral to the fullest.

1:1. Its about God damn time. I doubt a new Zelda. Maaybe an announcement. It would still be a few years off though. The new Icarus game will be the flagship title for it.

1:1. Its about God damn time. I doubt a new Zelda. Maaybe an announcement. It would still be a few years off though. The new Icarus game will be the flagship title for it.

I think so too...it's just too coincidental that they create a new piece of hardware that will create 1:1 action.

Kid Icarus is the sure canditate to premiere the new hardware.
I think that is why we haven't heard anymore about Red Steel 2 yet, I have a feeling that it was held back to take advantage of this also.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they are gonna announce.

Nintendo's conference is not very exciting. I hope they amp it up and reveal some new stuff.

Geo... not very exciting is quite an overstatement... I hate that lady and she's doing a horrible job...

Grand Theft Auto: China Town Wars for the DS announced.

Wii Sports resort looks ok. Just need Beach Cricket damn it.

That woman is really annoying. Regi kicked her ass.

This guy is obsessed with the symbols. It's hurting my brain.

The only way they can save it is if they reveal something huge at the end.

Wii Music - Cant play real Instruments? Enjoy not being able to play virtual ones too!

They better have something to reveal in the end. This is terrible.

I doubt it. Looks like this is it.

Shiggy did just make a "More Cowbell" joke. That makes it a bit better.

So, basically aside from the drums, all you do is wiggle around and the game plays music for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"