Edgar Wright's Ant-Man - Part 1

It's glue, fer cryin' out loud.

That's probably a crude plastic model Wright is using to storyboard/map out scenes for the movie. Looks like Douglas' Hank Pym Ant-Man suit, minus helmet.

No it's not, this is what the movie will be. Stop-motion using unpainted, tiny plastic, models. Rudd & Douglas will do voice overs for all the characters.

Edgar Wright just had a pretty funny tweet to Empire:

@edgarwright: Dear @empiremagazine, how about just one character cover for 'Ant-Man' that's seemingly empty. (Include a free magnifying glass to see him)

Funny Idea. :yay:

More Ant-Man clues on Edgar's website include a picture of French fifties heist film Rififi DVD cover.

Rififi stars Jean Servais as the aging gangster Tony le Stéphanois, Carl Möhner as Jo le Suédois, Robert Manuel as Mario Farrati, and Jules Dassin as César le Milanais. The foursome band together to commit an almost impossible theft, the burglary of an exclusive jewelry shop on the Rue de Rivoli. The centerpiece of the film is an intricate half hour heist scene depicting the crime in detail, shot in near silence, without dialogue or music.

Edgar posted some pills which I'm guessing means his either sick or it might be a nod towards Pym particle pills.

Finally Edgar posted a picture of his Ipod with 80's New Romanitcs band Adam and the Ants - Kings of the Wild Frontier :cwink:
[YT]/5M2gtZPvzWg[/YT]

i'm loving this teaser "campaign." that heist film sounds interesting (like most heist movies). this does imply that Douglas' Pym will be part of the action. wonder if this means that Janet is also part of the team.

Last edited:
i've been reading up on Rififi's plot. i know that we're not supposed to take it too literally. but there are a lot of similar themes within that movie and old Ant-Man stories (ex. kidnapped children). i wonder if Pym will be as ruthless as the main character in Rififi or have a more active hand in recruiting Lang (as opposed to scott just stealing his invention by chance). as an aside, i really wish that S.H.I.E.L.D were the bad guys in this one. it just instantly seems cooler if Pym's plan is to break into some kind of SHIELD base; to retrieve something he created. yes, i know that Thor managed it. but that was a relatively low security SHIELD camp.

Edgar's website update
12461957005_058b0d1226_z.jpg

12504792884_237eb4cbfc.jpg

finally, an ant!!

...what are those red things?

look like some sort of pills

wait
nah
He's not hinting at the Pym particles pills, is he?

i wonder if the figure is supposed to be Hank or Scott. he's dressed differently from the last two figures. is that supposed to be a city in the background or some random charts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"