• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Elder Scrolls Oblivion Film?

Mrs. Sawyer

Avenger
Reaction score
http://movies.ign.com/articles/111/1119303p1.html
Bethesda parent company Zenimax Media has filed a motion picture trademark for Oblivion, the fourth game based in the Elder Scrolls series.

The trademark, filed on Aug. 17, covers "Motion picture film production; entertainment services, namely, providing motion picture theatrical films in the field of fantasy games."

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion was first released for Xbox 360 in 2006. In April of last year, Bethesda secured the rights to create a filmed based in the Fallout universe.

Even though it will probably take forever if it all, the prospect of an Elder Scrolls film still excites me.

So if there was a film, who would you cast (since the main character can be anyone)? What characters would you include? Who would be your dream director?

Interesting...the game barely had any real story. So they would have to write in quite a bit of additional material.

Ideally....I'd prefer the hero be a dark elf. But we'll probably get a generic human.

When did I become a cynic?

Perhaps Martin will be the main character with the main quest the story of the film. Oh and I demand that The Dark Brotherhood are in this. :awesome:

All this being said the idea of making films out of games like Oblivion, Fallout 3 and World of Warcraft doesn't appeal to me. I mean there are no main characters in these games, the user creates the main character himself.

World of Warcraft I can see them making a film out of...it has a RICH lore to pull from...but with Fallout and Oblivion, I agree...there's really not much to work with. Open world games like that don't really have a strong story.

I have no problem with them creating a story inspired by the worlds of Fallout and Oblivion though. I don't think that's too much of a stretch.

Fallout 3 already got a partial film adaptation anyway, it's called Book of Eli. :p

I'd rather see a Fable film. Or the plot from Fable II.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"