Elon Musk says we're all just characters in a more advanced race's video game

No, I was just cracking a joke about how there's always some kind of glitch whenever they start trying to get SpaceX going.

Isildur´s Heir;34485203 said:
I get your point, but that still doesn't make it "beyond our comprehension".

I've been interested in the afterlife for the last 4 years. I have read a lot about it, read several theories and read some people that say that they know what is on the other side, either by mediums that say that talk with the dead or mediums that say that they talk with spirit guides.

I take everything with a grain of salt since i don't know the person, if they have some agenda, or is there any validity to what they say.
The more i believe in something, the more skeptic and cynical i am towards the people that talk about it.
I have my own theories about what happens after we die; if i'm right or wrong i don't know, but i like to believe i'm right since it's good for everyone.

This all to say that, nothing i have read is beyond my comprehension.
I'm a big defender that we can comprehend everything and anything as long as we are willing.
Analogies and metaphors help in simplifying things, imo. I can make a big analogy about the afterlife and an MMO ;)

I would be highly suspect of anyone that claims to be able to contact or communicate with "the otherside". Most psychics and mediums are frauds and charlatans. Anyone writing books are also in it for the money so of course, you're going to be able to comprehend that.

My advice, go and get you some LSD and make a weekend out of enlightening yourself to the possibilities of what the afterlife could be. I've you've never tripped before then you'll have an experience with something that is hard to comprehend.

I would be highly suspect of anyone that claims to be able to contact or communicate with "the otherside". Most psychics and mediums are frauds and charlatans. Anyone writing books are also in it for the money so of course, you're going to be able to comprehend that.
Like i said, i'm cynical and skeptic towards the people that talk about, the more i believe in something.
I also take everything with a grain of salt, like i also said.

It's interesting to read, but one can not, in any way, think it's all factual and valid.
Like you said, books are meant to make money.
That was exactly my argument a few years ago with a conspiracy theorist about aliens and ufos.

My advice, go and get you some LSD and make a weekend out of enlightening yourself to the possibilities of what the afterlife could be. I've you've never tripped before then you'll have an experience with something that is hard to comprehend.
Thanks, but no thanks
I don't do drugs or do i trust them for an "afterlife experience", since, well, they are drugs, your brain is compromised.

The idea that taking LSD to be able to contact the "otherside" is a little bit off, imo, and there is nothing that makes me think otherwise.

Drugs are chemicals that affect your brain and interfere with the way neurons normally send, receive, and process information.

Acid trips are to "the otherside" are what bugs and gitches are to video games, and i don't mean little bugs and glitches, but big ones that makes you not be able to make sense of any of it.
Or being hacked and having your screen "melt".
Or having all your senses in extreme overload.

Bottom line, you can not trust it to be accurate, or even close to it.....or at all.

Last edited:
Isildur´s Heir;34485891 said:
Like i said, i'm cynical and skeptic towards the people that talk about, the more i believe in something.
I also take everything with a grain of salt, like i also said.

It's interesting to read, but one can not, in any way, think it's all factual and valid.
Like you said, books are meant to make money.
That was exactly my argument a few years ago with a conspiracy theorist about aliens and ufos.

Thanks, but no thanks
I don't do drugs or do i trust them for an "afterlife experience", since, well, they are drugs, your brain is compromised.

The idea that taking LSD to be able to contact the "otherside" is a little bit off, imo, and there is nothing that makes me think otherwise.

Drugs are chemicals that affect your brain and interfere with the way neurons normally send, receive, and process information.

Acid trips are to "the otherside" are what bugs and gitches are to video games, and i don't mean little bugs and glitches, but big ones that makes you not be able to make sense of any of it.
Or being hacked and having your screen "melt".
Or having all your senses in extreme overload.

Bottom line, you can not trust it to be accurate, or even close to it.....or at all.

I never said Acid would let anyone contact the other side, just that it expands one's mind beyond what's normally perceived. Look up DMT, it's one of the most psychoactive substances in the world and it occurs naturally in brain chemistry. In fact, when we start to die the brain overloads the individual with DMT which is a likely cause for most "near death" hallucinations. Any drug, as with most substances, can be a good thing in moderation. LSD has also been shown to ease terminally ill patients in their final days if they are struggling to cope with their impending death.

You should also look into the Stoned Ape theory. Interesting stuff.

Oh no. That would explain why walls formed up out of nowhere around me making me piss on the floor! What kind of mad dictator is this???? :(

(for those who are really young - Sims reference or 'evil God game' lol)

On the plus side, at least whoever is playing isn't playing how 99% of us play Grand Theft Auto before getting to the actual story mode. Or 99% of them aren't and the 1% accounts for all the bad stuff.

I never said Acid would let anyone contact the other side, just that it expands one's mind beyond what's normally perceived.
Fair enough.

But normally perceived doesn't mean it's not all in one's head and the "stoner" is not just living in his own wild imagination.
Just because someone sees pink elephants, doesn't mean there are pink elephants somewhere.

Just like i have read, acid trips might just be conscious dreaming; in other words, seeing your thoughts, and since all your senses are in extreme overload mode...
And your subconscious is at the helm....but since you are conscious, both clash and blend.
That's why bad trips occur when fear and anxiety are involved, when you conscious wants to drive...at least, from what i could gather and rationalize.

But i get that, under the influence of acid, we break our limitations and physical boundaries, since we have no wants or needs.

Look up DMT, it's one of the most psychoactive substances in the world and it occurs naturally in brain chemistry. In fact, when we start to die the brain overloads the individual with DMT which is a likely cause for most "near death" hallucinations. Any drug, as with most substances, can be a good thing in moderation. LSD has also been shown to ease terminally ill patients in their final days if they are struggling to cope with their impending death.
Yeah, i get that.
There are a lot of chemicals in our brains, and all of those are activated when we sleep.
But that's the thing, they are not meant to be active when awake mode.

I agree with you on the all "near-death experiences", that's why i take them with a grain of salt as opposed to the fast majority that see them as factual to the existence of the afterlife and the soul.
I believe in the afterlife and the soul, but i will not accept everything just because it agrees with my theories.

You should also look into the Stoned Ape theory. Interesting stuff.
I have and i don't buy it.
It basically say that, the main reason why there were advances in human evolution was result of the ingestion of magic mushrooms.
I have my own theories of our evolution...and no, it has nothing to do with God or aliens.

If our world really is fake which would you rather have, The Invisibles or The Matrix?

If we did find out that our universe was fake then I don't think humanity could take it. Complete, irrefutable proof that we're just digital creations made by the whim of some programmer.

We'd probably start wars about what they were trying to accomplish, look for meaning in the weirdest places and demand that everyone see things a certain way. Maybe start some Inquisitions and Crusades to find and convert/kill the heretics...

Oh... Well maybe we wouldn't be that much different than now. :o

Isildur´s Heir;34486515 said:
Fair enough.

But normally perceived doesn't mean it's not all in one's head and the "stoner" is not just living in his own wild imagination.
Just because someone sees pink elephants, doesn't mean there are pink elephants somewhere.

Just like i have read, acid trips might just be conscious dreaming; in other words, seeing your thoughts, and since all your senses are in extreme overload mode...
And your subconscious is at the helm....but since you are conscious, both clash and blend.
That's why bad trips occur when fear and anxiety are involved, when you conscious wants to drive...at least, from what i could gather and rationalize.

But i get that, under the influence of acid, we break our limitations and physical boundaries, since we have no wants or needs.

Yeah, i get that.
There are a lot of chemicals in our brains, and all of those are activated when we sleep.
But that's the thing, they are not meant to be active when awake mode.

I agree with you on the all "near-death experiences", that's why i take them with a grain of salt as opposed to the fast majority that see them as factual to the existence of the afterlife and the soul.
I believe in the afterlife and the soul, but i will not accept everything just because it agrees with my theories.

I have and i don't buy it.
It basically say that, the main reason why there were advances in human evolution was result of the ingestion of magic mushrooms.
I have my own theories of our evolution...and no, it has nothing to do with God or aliens.

Ahhh but was it is reality except something that we perceive with our senses that the brain then processes? Take it from a person that has tripped on several occasions when I tell you it is quite the experience. I also suffered from alcoholic induced schizophrenia for several years and would hear voices in my head telling me about beings not of this world which was very real to me at the time.

The prevailing train of thought within the infinite multiverse theory says that all of these other dimensions are stacked on top of each other but we are incapable of perceiving them. Who's to say that mind altering drugs aren't a way for our brain to get a glimpse of these alternate dimensions?

I'm a man of science but I'm also keenly aware that for humans to think we understand even 5% of this vast universe and all it's mysteries as laughable.

Another quandary with the infinite multiverse theory I often ponder, if there are infinite "me's" that are constantly splitting due to doing the opposite choice I do; then inevitably there thousands of "me's" that have done some truly horrible things. So if the Judeo-Christian concept of heaven and hell is actually just alternate dimensions within the infinite multiverse how then would the "me's" be judged considering we'd all technically be the same person but with radically different lives?

Ahhh but was it is reality except something that we perceive with our senses that the brain then processes?
Reality just is, it's not subjective.
Anyone who enters a room, as long as they are in the same frame of mind, will see the same room.
Psychedelic trips are subjective to the person having them.

Take it from a person that has tripped on several occasions when I tell you it is quite the experience. I also suffered from alcoholic induced schizophrenia for several years and would hear voices in my head telling me about beings not of this world which was very real to me at the time.
I don't pretend to know more than you about this stuff, but that's doesn't make me think differently due to what i said above, psychedelic trips are subjective.
I've been watching some videos from the youtube channels "PsychedSubstance" and "SWIM" (both from the same guy) and it doesn't changed my mind about it.

For example, there is a video where a guy with Aspergers takes LSD.
4 hours later he starts saying that there is no good or evil; well, i have arrived to that same conclusion some time ago, and i never took anything, except alcohol.
I have some of very spiritual theories and ideas, so, unless i'm very spiritual and consciousness attuned, i don't see drugs as a "requirement" to expand conscious awareness.

But, if you are willing, give some examples of your experiences. I'm always interested.

The prevailing train of thought within the infinite multiverse theory says that all of these other dimensions are stacked on top of each other but we are incapable of perceiving them. Who's to say that mind altering drugs aren't a way for our brain to get a glimpse of these alternate dimensions?

I'm a man of science but I'm also keenly aware that for humans to think we understand even 5% of this vast universe and all it's mysteries as laughable.
And who's to say that they are? Or if those other dimensions really exist?
Sure, i can not say that aren't, but you can't say they are either.

I'm a man of reason.
That doesn't mean i only believe what i see (if not, i wouldn't believe in the afterlife, soul or reincarnation), but it does mean that i try to apply logic and reasoning to my own believes.

Another quandary with the infinite multiverse theory I often ponder, if there are infinite "me's" that are constantly splitting due to doing the opposite choice I do; then inevitably there thousands of "me's" that have done some truly horrible things. So if the Judeo-Christian concept of heaven and hell is actually just alternate dimensions within the infinite multiverse how then would the "me's" be judged considering we'd all technically be the same person but with radically different lives?
Since i do not accept the notion of heaven or hell, which i'm 100% positive that doesn't exist...
Heaven and hell are petty human conceptions based on good and evil, which are also human constructs.
Besides, "God" doesn't judge anyone after one dies...we judge ourselves.

But to answer your question, the way i see it (going with the premise that it's all true), you start being two different people the moment of split.
You look the same and your idea might similar, but you are not the same person, and as such, you will both be judge separately as any other.

Last edited:
We're all pretty sure you are robot programmed by Sia's manager.

No, I am just attracted to talent darlings. if you stan Sia, you automatically win at life. no one can come for you or check you because you recognize excellence only

Isildur´s Heir;34489517 said:
Reality just is, it's not subjective.
Anyone who enters a room, as long as they are in the same frame of mind, will see the same room.
Psychedelic trips are subjective to the person having them.

I don't pretend to know more than you about this stuff, but that's doesn't make me think differently due to what i said above, psychedelic trips are subjective.
I've been watching some videos from the youtube channels "PsychedSubstance" and "SWIM" (both from the same guy) and it doesn't changed my mind about it.

For example, there is a video where a guy with Aspergers takes LSD.
4 hours later he starts saying that there is no good or evil; well, i have arrived to that same conclusion some time ago, and i never took anything, except alcohol.
I have some of very spiritual theories and ideas, so, unless i'm very spiritual and consciousness attuned, i don't see drugs as a "requirement" to expand conscious awareness.

But, if you are willing, give some examples of your experiences. I'm always interested.

And who's to say that they are? Or if those other dimensions really exist?
Sure, i can not say that aren't, but you can't say they are either.

I'm a man of reason.
That doesn't mean i only believe what i see (if not, i wouldn't believe in the afterlife, soul or reincarnation), but it does mean that i try to apply logic and reasoning to my own believes.

Since i do not accept the notion of heaven or hell, which i'm 100% positive that doesn't exist...
Heaven and hell are petty human conceptions based on good and evil, which are also human constructs.
Besides, "God" doesn't judge anyone after one dies...we judge ourselves.

But to answer your question, the way i see it (going with the premise that it's all true), you start being two different people the moment of split.
You look the same and your idea might similar, but you are not the same person, and as such, you will both be judge separately as any other.

As a man of reason, you're kind of missing the point here. Smarter people than you or I have gone pretty far down this rabbit hole with lots of complicated math to show these theories could, in fact, be true. We just lack the technological wherewithal right now to adequately test them.

Reality as we know it is determined by the senses of whoever is experiencing it. Reality in of itself is subjective because no two people on this planet have the exact same thoughts regardless of their frame of mind. What we think of as "reality" is merely sensory input interpreted by chemical reactions and electrical current in our minds.

The point I'm trying to get across to you is this; if one takes a psychoactive substance the reality they perceive is no less real than the one perceived by a sober person. The multiverse theory holds weight because what we know as space/time is essentially "strings" (hence the name string theory) that are vibrating on an imperceptive level. The math appears to show this is correct but there are problems trying to apply the laws of physics at the subatomic level that we have yet to reconcile and as I said earlier, we do not yet possess the technology to test such things.

Of course, drugs are not necessary to become spiritual or have spiritual experiences or beliefs. I'm simply stating that man can have deeply profound experiences with the aid of psychoactive substances. Shamans in tribes in the rainforest have been doing this for thousands of years. There are many substances found naturally that may be labeled as "drugs" by the government which I find silly. The most common after effect of a good trip is the shedding of one's ego. Realizing we are all connected in a way that's hard to understand until you experience it for yourself. In many circles, this is referred to as the opening of one's "third eye".

Nobody ever knows for sure what lies beyond but it is certainly a fascinating subject. When I try to wrap my brain around the vastness of the Milky Way galaxy, let alone our actual universe, I just have to sit back and laugh that anyone has the audacity to think we really know anything (myself included).

No, I am just attracted to talent darlings. if you stan Sia, you automatically win at life. no one can come for you or check you because you recognize excellence only

Excellence. Of course. Which explains the spelling, punctuation and capitalization problems with this post.

I'm sure it's just a white wine and turkey induced slip.

Y'all have been watching The Matrix too much.

Yq9u0Hq.png

Ruth, real recognizes real. You know this. I know this.

That being said, are you f***ing with us? I feel like you're f***ing with us.

I take it that you're bilingual which is super cool as I am not, so much respect there. However, I'm fairly certain most languages do stress the importance of punctuation and syntax and to a lesser degree grammar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"