Arrow Episode 7: Muse of Fire - Discussion/Rate & Review Thread

The rating for this episode was 3.7 million viewers.

I enjoyed the episode. It did feel like it was laying the groundwork for more.

I think its fairly obvious that Daddy Merlyn is setup to be the "Dark Archer"...or at least the initial version of him.

Have to do a re-watch....my CW affiliate cut to commercial during a scene between Oliver and Frank. UGH!

Oh yea The ComicBookKid.... thanks for pointing out there were no flashbacks lol

Yeah I was watching CW WPIX, and it was cutting out on like 3 scene's. I have to do a re watch. Liked it tho,next weeks looks better.

I didn't understand that part at all. It seemed Oliver was horrified at what Helena did but he
had just snapped a henchman's neck

I think you missed the point. Maybe.

Helena was choking that dude out in anger for killing her fiance then kills him as if it was to protect her identity.

Ollie killed those kidnappers in the pilot with that same reasoning but he didn't kill them out of some sense of revenge. It was to protect his ID pure and simple.

Helena was lying.

I enjoyed the episode. It did feel like it was laying the groundwork for more.
Yeah,I think some people were disappointed with the episode for that reason.The real fun should be in next week's episode to see where they take it,now that Huntress "origin" is out of the way.

Pretty disappointed in this episode. The writing was very clunky in places, and the actress playing Helena was pretty bad.

I think you missed the point. Maybe.

Helena was choking that dude out in anger for killing her fiance then kills him as if it was to protect her identity.

Ollie killed those kidnappers in the pilot with that same reasoning but he didn't kill them out of some sense of revenge. It was to protect his ID pure and simple.

Helena was lying.

I'm really not sure which is actually supposed to be better. On one hand, not knowing oneself, or lying to oneself, can lead to sloppiness, especially when combined with vengeful rage. OTOH, its also a lot more human than coldly killing people because they are a threat.

Is Ollie supposed to have the moral high ground because he's coldly ruthless rather than angry? Or because he doesn't lie to himself?

I'm really not sure which is actually supposed to be better. On one hand, not knowing oneself, or lying to oneself, can lead to sloppiness, especially when combined with vengeful rage. OTOH, its also a lot more human than coldly killing people because they are a threat.

Is Ollie supposed to have the moral high ground because he's coldly ruthless rather than angry? Or because he doesn't lie to himself?

I've said before that Ollie is delusional about how to obtain his goals, but on this one I can see his argument.(Possibly if that's what the writers are intending).

Helena was giving evidence to the FBI as in non-violent actions. Once her fiance was killed, she started shooting and snapping necks. There's no higher goal and it is just revenge. She doesn't care about mob wars or anything else. Just making the people pay who killed her man.

Ollie's stopping the people who "poisoned his city" is stepping up for all the people that have been done wrong. He sees himself as championing the smaller man who can't fight. He isn't just sending arrows through people's chest.

I enjoyed the ep, especially the Ollie/Helena and Thea/Ollie/Mommy Arrow scenes, all good development for those characters. The Meryln/Laurel stuff was ok and as a few had predicted led to a reveal that was pretty anticlimactic in it's execution.

I think the look of shock was from her snapping someone's neck and then saying "no one can know my secret." Just like Ollie did in the first episode.

I got what they were going for, but I think the director dropped the ball on it.

Yeah, like Tommy's Dad reveal the editing let the scenes intent down.

I thought this episode was kinda funny. Then, I saw that Geoff Johns helped write it.

I enjoyed the ep, especially the Ollie/Helena and Thea/Ollie/Mommy Arrow scenes, all good development for those characters. The Meryln/Laurel stuff was ok and as a few had predicted led to a reveal that was pretty anticlimactic in it's execution.

Agreed. The timing for the reveal that Barrowman's character is Tommy's father left me quite puzzled. To me, it's something that is easily worthy of an ending reveal - especially if he'd been given opportunity to commit more behind-the-scenes villainy - as opposed to this practically off-hand revelation. Especially since this little tidbit of information wasn't really made use of in this episode. My only guess is that the Tommy-'Well Dressed Man' connection is needed in the next episode and the creators decided to sew the seeds in this episode to foreshadow it.

Great!.Thanks.So is Arrow the most watched show of CW?

Likely, although I don't watch the other shows. I don't know what their ratings are. I just heard that Emily Owens MD just got cancelled.

Pretty disappointed in this episode. The writing was very clunky in places, and the actress playing Helena was pretty bad.

Yeah, there was like zero chemistry between her and Amell.

Another awesome episode as far as I'm concerned they're 7 for 7 so far.

I expected nothing else from a Geoff Johns episode and he once again did not disappoint. The action was once again superb, Arrow vs Helena in the restaurant was awesome.

Helena was awesome in this episode and I expect we're only going to see more of her seeing as we've seen a pic of her in costume and we didn't see that here.

The reveal that John Barrowman was Tommy's father did not surprise me but was still a good reveal. Whilst I'm on the subject of JB he continues to impress me on this show he's not corny like he's come across in other stuff.

I wasn't expecting to see China White again so soon so that was a nice surprise.

Is it just me or is Laurel getting hotter week by week :oldrazz:

My only negatives were there was abit too much soppy stuff but heck it's CW.

Lastly just wanted to point out that this episode featured Tahmoh Penikett whose guest starred several times on Smallville and is in the upcoming Man of Steel.

9/10

Lastly just wanted to point out that this episode featured Tahmoh Penikett whose guest starred several times on Smallville and is in the upcoming Man of Steel.

Yeah when I saw him I knew he looked familiar and so I checked him out and realized I saw him from Smallville.

Not so sure about the actress, but maybe she just needs another episode to get into the role more. Over-all...it was a good episode though. It's nice to see Green Arrow find someone to share in his struggle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"