Episode 16 - 'Night of the Huntress!' Discussion Thread

I just love hearing Tara Strong voicing another batfamily member. <3

What? How is this airing on May 1st? According to my TV, Cartoon Network is showing Sky Kids in Brave and the Bold's Timeslot.

I noticed the disconnect in airing date yesterday. I was hoping someone would have some sort of confirmation, but no dice so far. At any rate, it appears our wait will extend by at least a week. :down

Interview with Tara Strong @CBR
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=21028

You’ve been Batgirl, Raven on “Teen Titans” and even an Amazon in the “Wonder Woman” direct-to-DVD film. What do you think it is about the female characters from the DC catalog that makes them so strong and interesting to see come to life?
Well I feel really lucky to even be part of that family, and even when I first booked Batgirl, that was probably ten years ago and I remember being so excited about it. My agent called and said, “You’re her. You’re the girl. You’re the bat. You’re the Batgirl.” I was so excited. So I feel like it’s an honor to be a part of that trilogy.
Then on top of that, with DC, their female characters are traditionally stronger than any other show. I mean, you look at different heroines in different shows and, obviously the “Powerpuff Girls” are really fun, and “Kim Possible” has a light teeny-bopper sense, but these are real dark characters that I’m really drawn to and love to play as a voice actress. Because we’re not going so over the top, it’s more like TV and film acting, with maybe a slight twist on bringing some of the action forward with your voice. But for the most part, we’re getting to be very real in real moments. I know for me, people say, “Do Batgirl.” I say, she’s me, only cool. I’m not really doing a voice - I’m just being me. So the DC characters, as opposed to anything else, just for me, is about getting to actually put yourself in their shoes and being real with these characters.

Anyone knows if this episode aired Friday?

It's back tonight! :up:

I'm guessing CN shifted their Friday scheduling around a bit, because I've got a 8:30 start time.

It's on now...Ms. Manface....yikes. Though this Huntress is actually hotter than the JLU version.

I loved Jaime in this episode.

"What is she doing?"

"Flirting."

"Oh." *swoon*

---

"Can I ask you a question Batman?"

"No."

"About girls?"

"No."

Dude, I'm waiting for the episode where Jaime ends up in Helena Bertinelli's class! Then, he'll really take the "Hot for Teacher" act to new heights!

Now, we're waiting for Batgirl to show up on Brave and the Bold!

God damn i love this show!

Blue beetle to Huntress: I'm sorry your hotness distracted me. =P

Best part had to be the fact the Batmobile can trasnform (oh yeah baby) and when Mrs. Manface says "you wouldn't hit a girl would you?" Batman replies with: "The hammer of justice is unisex!"

Batman's deadpan delivery and pun usage kills me. :D

The gags with Babyface and his gang had me rolling. Even the diaper shot and tantrum at the end was funny. For some reason, I think Batman being caught in between Huntress and Aquaman would be hysterical.

The teaser has me looking forward to a Black Canary episode.

nx9d91.png

Brave and Bold, ROLLOUT!

First in the teaser, crime lord Solomon Grundy and his goons are ready to slice off a scientist's brain for Grundy to use, but Batman and heroine Black Canary use his zombie stupidity to outsmart him. Canary was nice, but I was a bit surpirsed by her face. Nothing wrong with it, but it was the way it was drawn. Rather than doing the zombie hulk Grundy from Justice League or the decaying zombie from The Batman, they made him a gangster, which fits for his origin.

In the main episode, Blue Beetle resists his hormones as he finds himself distracted by femme fatale Huntress, while they try to stop Baby Face and Mrs. Manface from reuniting their Dick Tracy-inspired gang and stealing powerful weapons. The villains were very oddball, and were very funny, especially the creepy couple of Baby Face/Manface. It was a good time.

Huntress was also a little bit cold, but was much more flirty with Batman, and to an extend, Blue Beetle. Seeing Jaime drooling over Helena was amusing, and Batman's comment about complicated women were also hilarious. A lot of comedy in this episode.

As for the cameos, we had Dr. Polaris, Black Manta, Clock King, Top, Cavalier, Crazy Quilt, (who were all arrested at Gotham, so being in Blackgate instead of Iron Heights makes sense) Sportsmaster, Felix Faust, Fun Haus, Kite-Man, and the 60's villains were in the breakout scene. Not sure why, but Shark appears in there, though we have not seen him before. A nerdy version of the Calculator appeared, while contacting Weather Wizard. Eagle-eyed viewers should have also spotted Louie the Lilac in the crime lord summit.

NEXT WEEK: First, Batman needs Wildcat's help in taking down escaped convict Bane. Then, after catching Punch and Jewelee, Batman reluctantly accepts time traveler Booster Gold's help in stopping the power-hungry Vandal Savage.

when Mrs. Manface says "you wouldn't hit a girl would you?" Batman replies with: "The hammer of justice is unisex!"

Damn that sounds hilarious makes me mad I missed it cause I was out last night :csad: , for some reason I thought the show was coming back next week.

Why yes it is. ;) Another great tribute if you ask me.

IMHO the teaser was very weak,but the main ep is histerical!

Wow this episode was really really campy ! I disliked it. I'm ok with some camp, with some jokes or cranks but not that. :(

Can we expect Penguin, Superman and Batgirl on this show? Or even Wonder Woman and Catwoman?

Last edited:
I pretty sure Catwoman is showing up, and would think since they did Joker and soon Bane, that eventually will use Penguin and Batgirl

Superman might be the season finale if any, and Wonder Woman is a long shot.

Good eppy, is all female superheroes are going to have a thing for Batman?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"