Episode 15 - 'Trials of the Demon!' Discussion Thread

Awesome, I'm so glad the Demon is appearing again, since he only got a little time in Day of the Dark Knight. His immortality definitely makes for great stories, since now we're in the 19th century. Very clever way of bringing back Gentleman Ghost too. I always love supernatural characters and I especially love that all the characters are becoming recurring ones, so this will be a must-see for me.

Jay Garrick
Jay Garrick
Jay Garrick...........I CANNOT WAIT!!

Batman will have his 19th century (Gotham Gaslight) costume, this show is made of awesomeness.

Anyone got pictures of him? Or a youtube clip of the preview. =p

I'm thinking that's just a henchman dressed as a scarecrow, due to the Halloween setting, and the real teaser villain is Calendar Man.

YES!!! Gotham by Gaslight, scarecrow, Calander man! Can I ask for any more?

also the show serves as a history course in its own way, not alot of kids that watch this show know about jay garick, alot of people think wally west is the one and only flash.

Still no pictures or youtube previews? :(

Still no pictures or youtube previews? :(

batman1.jpg

batman2.jpg

batman7.jpg

Holy Frack! Scarecrow is way scarier in one iage than he ever was on BTAS!
(Not including TNBA)

Loving how the episode is really Halloween-ish, and Batman's Gotham by Gaslight costume is flipping brilliant. Can't wait to see this!

Great episode so many highlights possibly my favorite episode of the series so far

This interpretation of Etrigan again is so kick ass because it's the one most similar to the comic book version.

Batman's interactions with Sherlock Holmes were classic.

Seeing a version of the Gotham By Gaslight costume kicked ass.

Jim Craddock was still an awesome villain even though he wasn't the Gentleman Ghost.

The Scarecrow's voice was awesome but Jay Garrick's voice didn't match his look it was just too young sounding. It was still really cool to see him on the show though.

So we've seem Wildcat and The Flash I hope they keep exploring the JSA rostert. I would love to see Mr. Terrific II on this show and hopefully we get Gotham's original hero (Alan Scott) teaming up with Batman at some point too.

I heard this was the season finale and we have to wait until may for more? :( And yeah if they show Alan Scott i just hope they show ther Kingdon Come armor, i just think his normal costume looks ridicilous compared to other Green Lanterns.

I heard this was the season finale and we have to wait until may for more? :( And yeah if they show Alan Scott i just hope they show ther Kingdon Come armor, i just think his normal costume looks ridicilous compared to other Green Lanterns.

No, the Owlman/Joker episodes were the season finale. This is the second episode of the second season. Apparently, we're getting new episodes at the end of April.

In the teaser, as Scarecrow (Dee Baker Bradley) and Scream Queen infect all the town pumpkins with fear gas on Halloween, Batman and Flash Jay Garrick (Andy Milder) come in to foil them. A fine introduction to the Golden Age Flash and Batman villain Scarecrow. As always, I look forward to seeing them again in the future.

In the main story, it is 19th century London, England, and Jason Blood is framed of supernatural crimes by Gentleman Jim Craddock. Blood is arrested, but detective Sherlock Holmes and assisstant Watson (Jim Piddock) do not believe so, and unknowingly summon Batman to their time in order to clear his name. Meanwhile, Batman is too busy taking care of another one of his villains, Crazy Quilt, and like his previous battles with minor villains, he is summoned to an adventure.
Batman frees Blood, and becomes Etrigan to help solve Craddock's bizarre crimes. I liked the creepy atmosphere of this episode. I know we've been to London in this show before, but Holmes, Etrigan, and Batman's Gotham By Gaslight costume make the episode feel different from "Dawn of the Deadman!"

Like the previous episode, this one also lacked a lot of witty humor. However, the plot and the characters are more interesting in this episode, and Sherlock Holmes does provide some dry banter. The origin of Gentleman Ghost was also a nice touch, and something I did not expect. I especially enjoyed the Crazy Quilt cameo, and the mention of Arkham Asylum by Batman. I'm interested in seeing Crazy Quilt and the Brave and the Bold version of Arkham.

Another good episode, better than last week's.

NEXT EPISODE: First, Batman and Black Canary work together to bring down the Calculator. Then, Batman recruits Blue Beetle and Huntress to defeat Baby-Face and his wife, Mrs. Man-Face. Meanwhile, Huntress has to deal with Beetle crushing on her.

Last edited:
NEXT EPISODE: (apparently, this is an upcoming episode in April, but may not be true, so take it with a grain of salt)
First, Batman, Huntress, and a lovestruck Blue Beetle stop Gorilla Grodd and his plot to flood the world in Antarctica. Then, Kamandi warns Batman of a plot to manipulate heroes by Kanjar Ro, and teams up with Firestorm to rescue the heroes.
Source? I saw it on wiki and didn't believe it.

This episode was awesome! Gotham by Gaslight costume looked cool, the demon Astaroth was quite cool on how he gave Gentlemen Ghost's origin and jesus christ do i enjoy hearing Etrigan's rhymes. Combat and action was really fluid, only thing i didn't like was how the Flash's voice sounded too young while the guy had white hair. =p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"