Episode 8 - 'Fall of the Blue Beetle!' Discussion Thread

Mister J

Enlightened to the Great Darkness
Staff member
Reaction score
Batman must join forces with the new Blue Beetle and the original superhero to bear the name.
After ending up on Science Island, Dr. Polaris takes the Blue Beetle scarab to create an army of robots with it and Batman must join forces with the new and old Blue Beetle to take down Dr. Polaris and his army of Blue Beetle robots.
Blue Beetle traces his legacy back to the original Blue Beetle, to learn why the Scarab has chosen him to share in its powers and become a super hero. The journey leads him to the dangerous Science Island, where he battles legions of robots alongside Batman and learns the truth behind Ted Kord's disappearance.
Airing: January 23

Contrasting with the premiere episode, 'Rise of the Blue Beetle!'.
Looking forward to a Ted Kord appearance. :woot:

Last edited:
True, but it's Ted's name that I keep seeing mentioned in the show's media.

appearantly mr kord is the original blue beetle in the BBB storyline

I know about Dan and Ted,but i'm not up to steam on the new guy. So.....is there a line of Blue Beetles outside of the regular DCU? Who's that statue of in the 'Rise of the Blue Beetle'? Is the more than one Scarab powered Beetle?
By the way,i'm a longtime comic fan who hasn't collected since the mid '90s but i am totally,completely,insanely in love with this show. My favorite comics are pre-Crisis DC and this show is like silver age crack to me......regardless of the new Beetle I've a 3 year old i'm trying to brain-wash into a comic nut and this show goes along way towards it,along with Spectacular Spidey.

in the comics ted kord was a student of dan garrett the first blue beetle a magic powered hero
when he accidently caused prof. garrets death he wanted to make amends for it by becoming the second blue beetle,however the scarab medallion that granted magic powers to prof. garret was lost in an earthquake so ted used his gadgetry and gymnastic skills to create his own version of blue beetle

in the comics ted kord was a student of dan garrett the first blue beetle a magic powered hero
when he accidently caused prof. garrets death he wanted to make amends for it by becoming the second blue beetle,however the scarab medallion that granted magic powers to prof. garret was lost in an earthquake so ted used his gadgetry and gymnastic skills to create his own version of blue beetle
That was one of my favorite issues of Secret Origins,it was drawn by Gil Kane. So,concerning the new guy,In the comics,does he have a version of Dan's medallion or some other space medallion,like from statue of the other Beetle or could that be Dan(or Ted for the BAB continuity)? Sorry for the need of a lesson,i'm a Ted Kord guy,i do like the new guy though,He reminds me alittle of the Kord armor from Kingdom Come,especially the wings.

From Wil's blog:
http://wilwheaton.typepad.com/wwdnbackup/2009/01/holy-hole-in-a-donut.html

Since Friday of last week, I've done about eleventy million interviews to support my episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Fall of the Blue Beetle, which airs next friday, January 23, at 8pm on Cartoon Network.

I recorded this episode several months ago, and I haven't been able to talk about it at all until now, because the only thing studios like more than keeping things secret is keeping things secret.

I think the bulk of the interviews I've done will start going online today and tomorrow, but I got official permission yesterday to pretty much say whatever I want, and since I've been waiting so long to say this, I'm saying it now: I play Ted Kord, the silver age Blue Beetle.

Crazy theory about this episode.

What if the mad scientist that kidnaps Jaime and builds the Blue Beetle Robot army is revealed to be a vengeful Ted Kord

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0901/17/index.htm
Cartoon Network has relaased a description, 13 images and a video preview from "Fall of the Blue Beetle!", the Friday, Jan 23 episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold on Cartoon Network.

Here's how the network describes the episode:

"Blue Beetle traces his legacy back to the original Blue Beetle, to learn why the Scarab has chosen him to share in its powers and become a super hero. The journey leads him to the dangerous Science Island, where he battles legions of robots alongside Batman and learns the truth behind Ted Kord's disappearance."

The guest voice cast includes Wil Wheaton as Ted Kord/ Silver Age Blue Beetle, Lex Lang as Dr. Polaris, Will Friedle as Jamie/Blue Beetle and Jason Marsden as Carlos.
I wasn't aware Dr. Polaris would be showing up here.

Let's get some of these caps up.

i liked thekord blue beetle man am i EVER gonna record THIS episode

Good ol' Wiki. :o

Although, reading over it, and a few others, I'm beginning to wonder where they come from. More often than not, they vary from the official descriptions from Cartoon Network, though having essentially the same information.

Good ol' Wiki. :o

Although, reading over it, and a few others, I'm beginning to wonder where they come from. More often than not, they vary from the official descriptions from Cartoon Network, though having essentially the same information.

True. Because I don't think Ted, Jaime, and Batman ALL team-up. I'm thinking its Ted/Batman for the teaser and Jaime/Batman for the main episode with Ted/Batman flashbacks.

As for Dr. Polaris, I doubt he's anything more than a side villain. Then again, I also have the insane theory that
Ted is the main villain
. The only way we'll find out is when the episode airs.

The three man team-up does sound a bit more far-fetched. The official description from CN (third in the opening post) cuts away from that as well.

Kanjar Ro mentioned that he killed a Blue Beetle. Assuming the series isn't going to mention Dan, and given that Ted Kord's disappearance will be explained via the Batman/Jamie mission, the incorporation of flashbacks seems to factor in heavily.

Can't wait until Friday.

The three man team-up does sound a bit more far-fetched. The official description from CN (third in the opening post) cuts away from that as well.

Kanjar Ro mentioned that he killed a Blue Beetle. Assuming the series isn't going to mention Dan, and given that Ted Kord's disappearance will be explained via the Batman/Jamie mission, the incorporation of flashbacks seems to factor in heavily.

Can't wait until Friday.

The beetle that the aliens had a statue of had the same scarab armor that Jamie has. [blackout]in the clips online, Ted mentions he couldn't get the Scarab to work for him.[/blackout] That and the fact that we've seen Ted's costume and it looks nothing like the beetle that Kanjar Ro killed. I'm sure it's safe to assume that there was a beetle before Ted. It's quite possible that it was Dan.

Thanks, Syncos. I was too lazy to check the statue from 'Rise of the Blue Beetle'.

Those clips are great. This looks to be one of the best character dynamics yet. Seriously. Can not wait to see this play out.

Wow. What an amazing episode. Animation was top notch all the way thru, story was brilliant. I loved the history of the Beetle "mantle". Im not an expert on BB, but I do believe they were true to the history?

So, it looks I was wrong about Ted Kord being the villain, but instead his uncle Jarvis, who looks and sounds like him. I have never been more glad to be wrong. This was a rather clever twist, and it did allow for an excellent death scene for Ted.

There's no specific teaser for this episode, instead with consisting of the main story with Blue Beetle Jaime Reyes trying to find out about his legacy, with flashbacks showing Batman working with Blue Beetle Ted Kord. Ted was very entertaining in this episode. Like all heroes before him in the show, he had a special relationship with Batman. This one was the "gadget geek" one. It was well done.

The main story was also interesting. I loved the way they were leading us to believe Ted was the real villain, only to find out his uncle was impersonating him. Doctor Polaris had a really cool design, and I hope we see him again. The nods to Blue Beetle history were also cool and informative.

All in all, another excellent episode.

NEXT WEEK: In this week's teaser, Batman, along with feuding heroes Plastic Man and Elongated Man, fights the mad mobster known as Baby Face. Then, a fight with the Brain and Chemo leaves Batman poisoned. Now, the Atom and Aquaman must resolve their differences and team up to shrink down and cure Batman of this disease.

Last edited:
The Original and new Blue Beetle both are so much badass, at first i really didn't like Blue Beetle (the new kid) but he is progressing and learning to become a Superhero, and haha he was so awesome when he didn't even bother to help Batman vs. that magneto-robot-guy cuz it was just a "breakfest training" for Bats. =D This show is super!

This episode was awesome. My favorite episode of the series so far. I hope next week's is as good as this.

I was talking to my friend who is also a fan of the brave and the bold and we thought of a way that Ted could have and just might have saved himself. He could have called the bug to save him in mid air and when he drove it back home he retired and disappeared. This would explain how the bug ended up getting back to the kord cave as I call it lol. You never know and it might just be a way the writers could bring some more ted kord goodness. Also there is a good amount of time between the time ted was on the rocket pulling apart its wires and the explosion so who knows

I was talking to my friend who is also a fan of the brave and the bold and we thought of a way that Ted could have and just might have saved himself. He could have called the bug to save him in mid air and when he drove it back home he retired and disappeared. This would explain how the bug ended up getting back to the kord cave as I call it lol. You never know and it might just be a way the writers could bring some more ted kord goodness. Also there is a good amount of time between the time ted was on the rocket pulling apart its wires and the explosion so who knows
you might be right i hope so

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"