Episode 1 - 'Rise of the Blue Beetle!' Discussion Thread

Mister J

Enlightened to the Great Darkness
Staff member
Reaction score
Batman and Blue Beetle team up to save an alien race from Kanjar Ro.
First ep! November 14 @ 8:00 PM.

Yeah, I like that they'll be giving attention to the more fantastic aspects of Batman as a superhero.

Btw, Cartoon Network has a video player at their site (which is promising the ability to watch full length episodes). Currently, there's a two minute preview scene from the first episode. Beetle looks to be a pretty fun character.

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/dlink/index.html

Im gonna give this show a shot....heres hoping that its good

I'll definitely be watching this. The pilot, at least, to gauge if it's worth seeing more.

I'll be watching this episode for sure!! Not that I mean this in a bad way, but this doesn't seem like a pilot episode to me. First episode in space? Just not use to that being the first thing. But, it excites me. I've really grown more and more fond of this show, since I saw the first character design.

So do we get the full episode after it premiers?

Any chance of some more stills or gifs from that sneak peek? Or any of the footage?:huh:

So this show is gonna be on Cartoon Network?

He can breathe in space.

Where did you get that idea?

20050131aiw7.gif

Shortpacked.

Oh, I get it. It's a joke. Shoulda known.!

That is funny as hell!

I do hope this is better than the Batman:o

i'll give it a fair shot.

there shoudl be a moderator saying any references to tbas or dcau before the end of the season should be classed as unecessary spamming/trolling.

there shoudl be a moderator saying any references to tbas or dcau before the end of the season should be classed as unecessary spamming/trolling.

A discussion is a discussion!

So if I say, 'OMG, this new Batman show is the best thing ever! Even better than the entire DCAU, including Batman: The Animated Series!!!'...

Would I be trolling?

I do hope this is better than the Batman:o

I personally liked The Batman, it dragged a little at first, but it got better as the seasons got on. I suspect that's because I had no expectations of it being anything like Timm's version. This version seems likely to be even more for the kids than The Batman, so on that level I suspect (and have already seen) that the fans of Timm's Batman will probably like this one even less. I'm looking forward to it, because it looks like the Batman and Brave and the Bold comics of my youth, only probably better written with a modern spin.

A discussion is a discussion!

So if I say, 'OMG, this new Batman show is the best thing ever! Even better than the entire DCAU, including Batman: The Animated Series!!!'...

Would I be trolling?
technically yes but positive comments like that usually don't derail a thread, they just get ignored.

I think legitimate comparisons to dcau should be warranted. That is the quality at which any dc animated series will and should be compared to. This show should not get any special treatment. If people don't think it matches up to dcau quality, then they should be free to vocalize that.

Ill behonest, Im looking forward to a lighter toned Batman for a change. We've had years of the dark and brooding Batman. A more friendly version wouldnt hurt anyone. Its a cartoon for kids, lets just enjoy it for what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"