• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Episode 13 - 'Game Over for Owlman!' Discussion Thread

Mister J

Enlightened to the Great Darkness
Staff member
Reaction score
On Earth, Owlman has been perpetrating crimes disguised as Batman and assembled all the villains to join him.
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0902/20/index.htm
Warner Bros. Animation has released a description, clip and 33 images from a two-part episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold on Cartoon Network.

"Deep Cover for Batman!" kicks off the two-parter on Friday, March 6, with "Game Over for Owlman!" concluding the story on Friday, March 13.

Here's how Warner Bros.. describes the episodes:

"When parallel worlds collide, Batman swaps places with Owlman -- his criminal counterpart in an alternate universe -- to stop the Crime Syndicate from taking over their world. Crime fighters in one world must battle their evil counterparts in a crime spree melee. Meanwhile back on Earth, Owlman has been perpetrating crimes disguised as Batman and assembled all the villains to join him. When Batman returns, he finds himself on the wrong side of the law and hunted by Green Lantern, Aquaman, Blue Beetle, Red Tornado and Plastic Man. It¹s a strange twist of fate that leaves Batman with only one option - to team up with Joker and take Owlman and the Crime Syndicate down!"

The voice cast includes Diedrich Bader as Batman/Owlman, Jeff Bennett as Red Hood/The Joker, James Sie as Dyna-Mite, Corey Burton as Red Tornado/Silver Cyclone, Will Friedle as Blue Beetle/Scarlet Scarab and James Arnold Taylor as Green Arrow/Blue Bowman.

The story was written by Joseph Kuhr, and the episodes were directed by Michael Chang and Ben Jones.
Airing: March 6
--------------------------
Sounds like the back end on a two-parter and a hell of a way to wrap up the February slate of eps.

Last edited:
I hope we get to see a cameo of Joker. I mean where else would Owlman hang out besides Gotham?

Ah it's to good to be true... I've been passed the offcial press release images from episode 12 and 13, and it looks like this is going to be one of the best season episodes from Brave and the Bold so far!!! Also a video from episode 12 of the Red Hood...

I'm not allowed to release yet, as I've not been passed the official Press release synopsis, but keep checking back at http://gothamknightsonline.blogspot.com/

I've got it all ready to post once I get the episode backgrounds!!! I can't wait. Three of the images are just so good...

Also this week I had the absolute pleasure of speaking with voice director Andrea Romano... she was so nice to talk with and I also got a few inside annoucement of other characters coming up in the show... I'll be posting this very soon as well :)

Can I just say... WOW!!!:wow::wow:

04.jpg

Jeff Bennett is an interesting voice for the Joker... lets see what he comes up with.

I like the Dick Sprange 1950's look for The Joker.

Now after this episode airs, is the season over? I know they got picked up to 26 episodes, but is season 1 just 13?

My interpretation (again interpretation) is that this is the season finale. 26 episodes are in the can, but I've read/heard nothing about them beyond #13.

What I have seen is continual mention for a second season 3Q-4Q 2009. The two-parter would seem to be a good end to concluding the first season.

can someone put the 2nd video on youtube please?

My interpretation (again interpretation) is that this is the season finale. 26 episodes are in the can, but I've read/heard nothing about them beyond #13.

What I have seen is continual mention for a second season 3Q-4Q 2009. The two-parter would seem to be a good end to concluding the first season.

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0902/26/index.htm

thanks, but according to that, apparently we will get more episodes after this...

Just a little bump with the video that's been circulating, in anticipation of tomorrow night. :joker:

Now this is the Joker right here.

The teaser this week simply consisted of a recap of last week's events, plus a tiny scene of Batman escaping from the police. Nothing much.

The main episode was awesome, though. This version of the Joker was great, easily the best animated Joker after Mark Hamill's. Jeff Bennett does a great job voicing the character, giving him a slight accent from Cesar Romero's portrayal, and sounding very playful and insane. I'm also suprised at the versatility of the character, acting menacing and psychotic in one moment, and over-the-top and hilarious the other. Favorite gags include the pressing of bottons, Joker remembering the "good times" with Batman, and having a hard time to get rid of a bomb.

Owlman's Batman costume was also good, borrowing from Bob Kane's early Batman, and making him look like his Timm counterpart. I also appreciated the subtle nods in this episode. Just watch Green Arrow's weakness of vertigo and Owlman's freeze gun, and you'll see what I mean. Plastic Man being left out and outsmarted by Batman was funny.

The only part I wish I hadn't spoiled myself with the screenshots was The Batmen From Alternate Earths. That would have been a wicked surprise, and the final fight between the heroes, the villains, and the Batmen was exciting.

Overall, an excellent conclusion for the first season. Hopefully, the second season will be even better.

NEXT WEEK: Batman and The Question chase the enigmatic character known as Equinox, who seems to have sinister plans for the Caped Crusader. Then, a morose Aquaman joins Batman on his birthday to Planet Rann, where they help space hero Adam Strange fight the Gordanians.

Pretty good episode. Joker's design wasn't the most eye-pleasing, but tolerable.

I liked Joker and Batman riding in the batmobile, and Joker saving a kid's life.

I really was hoping Joker would spare Batman at the end, saying to Owlman "I Kill Batman on MY terms!" and crushing the remote, then him and Bats begin beating up all of the villains, with Joker fleeing at the end, saying he will kill Batman one day or something. Cheesy? Yeah.

I also like the end

"Deep down, there's a decent man inside of the Joker."

"..Or maybe not."

Yeah. Definitely not. lol.

Last edited:
Really outrageous episode, even a slight hint Owlman will return. >:3 Any idea why he had those purple gloves tho with his Batcostume?

Best ep yet, really feels like all the previous eps led up to this. Jeff Bennett is amzing as the joker, definitely my favourite Joker tied with Hamill's. Yes, you read that right, tied with Hamill's. Owlman was alos great here, I think I squeed at the total Bob Kane call back at the end where he weilds a lfipping gun! :wow:

And again, Joker was awesome, I tihnk that's the best Joker intro I've ever seen. Loved how he kept betraying everybody and his reference ot Adam West with the "can't get rid of a bomb" moment. Not ot mention the 89 reference "Stop", comics arc tower of Babel reference with batman's contigency plans against his allies, as well as the comics reference with Batman having heaps of hiding spots among Gotham.

Seriuosly, I could go for days about how awesome this was. I love this show.

Really outrageous episode, even a slight hint Owlman will return. >:3 Any idea why he had those purple gloves tho with his Batcostume?

Because the original Batman costume had purple gloves. My best friend went "why does the Batmobile look like that?" when they showed the 40's Batmobile they had a lot of golden age references all throughout. I really enjoyed The Joker here I think the voice acting was pitch perfect and the humor was brilliant "What does this one do?".

I loved how he betrayed Batman in the end and how the only thing he thought about was how he will have the upper hand on Batman next time they meet, good stuff. I also really liked the nods to stories like Tower of Babel which show Batman always has a contigency plan in case his friends are ever out of line. This episode had so many goodies hidden that I kept a grin on my face throughout the whole thing.

This episode was literally amazing. It was like a nice recap of Batman knowledge.

Also I found this weird thing at the back of my head saying "OH MAN I HOPE THEY SAVE AQUAMAN HE COULD SAVE BATMAN" Then I thought to myself, wait I hate Aquaman. I then realized, "wow, they got me to like aquaman"

my favorite line:
Listen you creep in bats clothings we don't make deals with criminal scum
don't touch my radio
we don't make deal with criminal scum...usually
hilarious! :woot::lmao:
when I think of the name "Joseph Kuhr" I'm reminded of the Joker.
Joseph Kuhr-Joker Kerr- Joe Kerr- Joker
10/10

Last edited:
This is a beautifully animated show. I don't know who the overseas animation company is but, wow.

This was truly the Sprang Joker brought to life, even down to the variation in the thickness of line that captured the inking style of the great Charles Paris. And the '40's Batmobile in animation! Never thought I'd see that!

My niece and nephew, 9 and 7, love this show. If that is true for kids across the country, I think it says that the tone of the mid-century Batman, updated with wit and great action, can still work today. If anything was missing, the tone of this show sort of cries out for an appearance by Robin, at least for an ep set in Gotham City. Maybe in the future. Great stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"